Quote Originally Posted by MLambert19 View Post
That's the link I was looking for earlier!! I couldn't find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
You would think he could work a deal with UPS or FedEx for better shipping prices. I was shocked at how much higher his shipping rates were than other distributors of roll bars, granted different brands but his cant be that much heavier.

I still think Moti, BBFW, makes the best miata roll bar, I've seen, and all his custom work for race cars kind of blows away the argument that Hard Dog is "more proven". Based on what, sales, quantity, years in business, roll overs survived? Moti is clearly skilled and no offense to Hard Dog but, imo, Moti's bars is a whole another level above theirs. I think Adam's review pretty much plays out all the reasons
Moti's shop is a lot smaller than other businesses. BBFW manages to meet a good volume of sales and business for it's size - similar to RevLimiter considering it's mostly a one-man-band. Granted Moti will have a small team for help too. Flyin' Miata's shipping rates are just as bad, it's literally just cost me $200 to ship a set of sway bars to the UK, and they apparently cover half the cost up front now so the shipping quote is $400 with UPS. UPS and FedEx both seem expensive to me, I can send almost anything up to 10kg regardless of size to Europe for £20, with tracking.

On the note of quality; Moti's bars are definitely quality pieces, it's the main reason I want the GT3 but my wallet says otherwise. $1300 seems an awful lot for an off the shelf design, any extras like different tubing and a different paint job can easy add another $100-$200 to an already expensive piece. Again, that's before shipping to the UK for me, I'll be looking at over $2k by the time it's arrived and whether customs decide to be pr*cks about it being shipped