Thread: SNSMazdaParts 00SE Build Thread

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone ScratchNSniff's Avatar
    Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given

SNSMazdaParts 00SE Build Thread

Really need a place to try and document some of the stuff we are doing on the 00SE shop car. Little background on it. Was originally bought sight unseen as a parts car until dad who does transport for me went to pickup and let me know that this one WAS NOT getting parted out. Little was I expecting it to be an absolute gem that was extremely well taken care of by previous owner who just happened to contact me about selling it in the first place.

00SE MSM 6.jpg
    00SE MSM 7.jpg

October 27, 2017 Dad went out with all intentions of picking up just another parts car for the shop on the end of an 18 hour trip I had him on through South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama that spanned the course of 2 days dropping off parts, picking up parts, and then ultimately picking up the car on the loop back. Dad absolutely loved the car as I could tell about how he couldn't stop talking about it on the phone after he left. When he filled up with gas he decided to be funny and make a post about everything voting for me not to part the car out and for him to keep it.

Screenshot (65).jpg

With very little consideration I already knew what had to be done. When dad got to the house to unload the car I told him that we would take care of getting his own car back to his house. The keys and title for the 00SE were all his!!! He thought I was joking at first until mom showed up and they both got to take it on their first ride home as Miata owners. I just knew this one had to be his!!! Just look at the smile on that face. It has yet to go away any time I see him in it.

Screenshot (64).jpg

We decided to scavenge the shop for parts and see what exactly we had sitting around or may be able to use for it. This is where I don't exactly have to many pictures, but will make sure to take them from now on once we decide to do things. MSM Interior and Exterior Complete Swap along with Cloth Black top replaced all parchment and NB1 body/lights. Interior we have a minty set of MSM seats we swap out, but currently have the 99/00 Detachable Headrest seats installed. Did some Garage5, Revlimiter, RetroModern interior upgrades on it. Engine bay has some GarageStar and DDM Works going on alone with a few OE+ upgrades. We've got a CCP Fabrication Vented hood I believe we are going to get painted to match as a spare. The 6UL Wheels we have on now, but also a set of White TE37's that just got refinished we may end up tossing on instead. Lots of stuff still on the to-do list, but it is definitely a HUGE change in just over a year since we picked it up as an original part out car. Dad couldn't be happier with it either which at the end of the day is what really matters to me.

00SE MSM 1.jpg
    00SE MSM 2.jpg
    00SE MSM 3.jpg
    00SE MSM 4.jpg
    00SE MSM 5.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScratchNSniff For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (01-01-2019),HarryB (01-01-2019),MX5Wisher (01-01-2019),tsingson (01-01-2019)

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    ***Mod List***

Exterior:
    MSM Cloth Soft Top
    MSM Front Bumper
    MSM Front Spoiler
    MSM Front Headlights (Light Tint)
    MSM Rear Lip
    NB2 Tail Lights (Light Tint)
    NB "Small" Side Skirts
    RyokuRob Rear Tow Hook

Suspension/Wheels:
    949 6UL 15x8 Silver
    949 Racing Rear Adjustable Endlinks
    Racing Bear Front Adjustable Endlinks
    FM Front Sway Bar
    FM Rear Sway Bar

Engine Bay:
    DDM Works Stage 2 Intake
    Garage Star Radiator Cowl Panel
    Garage Star Wiper Cowl Panel
    Flyin Miata Front Strut Tower Bar
    MSM Oil Cap
    PowderCoated Black Wrinkle Valve Cover

Interior:
    99/00 Euro Spec Detachable Headrest Cloth Seats
    NB2 Center Console
    NB Black Carpet
    "Roadster" All Weather Mats
    MSM Door Sills
    MSM Pedal Covers
    MSM Speaker Windblocker
    MSM Floormats
    MSM Red Stitch Leather E-Brake Handle
    MSM Complete Dash w/ Silver Trim
    Black NB1 Door Panels
    NB Brushed Inner Door Handles
    Voodoo Black Wrinkle Shift Knob
    Revlimiter Beveled Glass
    Revlimiter Gauges
    Garage5 Gauge Rings
    RetroModern Hazard Ring
    RetroModern Odometer Reset
    Dakei Steering Wheel Hub
    Sparco L360 330mm Steering Wheel w/ Sparco Horn Button
    Last edited by ScratchNSniff; 12-31-2018 at 11:36 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScratchNSniff For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (01-01-2019),HarryB (01-01-2019),MX5Wisher (01-01-2019),tsingson (01-01-2019)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Nice to see you kept it together, more or less. I really like the 00SE, including the parchment or whatever color they call the interior but black is always a great choice. Some nice mods as well, Alex! Kudos to giving the car to your dad as well!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

tsingson (01-01-2019)

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Nice to see you kept it together, more or less. I really like the 00SE, including the parchment or whatever color they call the interior but black is always a great choice. Some nice mods as well, Alex! Kudos to giving the car to your dad as well!
    Yea, It's a whole lot less 00SE at this point for sure, but I think it's been for the better. The parchment interior and wood in this car was in excellent shape and we used the driver seat and a few other minor things out of it to put in the 51K mile 00SE we actually did end up fixing up to sell. Mods have so far minus the cluster all been stuff that we have had come through on parts cars at the shop so far this last year. Dad had always wanted a Miata, but I knew he wouldn't buy one. This gives me something to toss parts on and enjoy without my endless temptations to just sell or part out. At least it's a bit of a security blanket for the car knowing my habits and dad absolutely LOVES it.

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    As I always am, terrible with updates, just really find it very hard to find time to actually get to the car with the amount of work that we have going on in the shop all the time. Few new pieces that I've got picked up for the car and hoping to have it ready to go by Miatas at the Gap early in August. Been thinking to pull the 6-Speed and 3.9 Torsen to swap for a 5-Speed and 4.3 Torsen, but not sure whether or not we will end up going through with that or not. Already have a ton on the plate with parts coming through the shop and the railroad work has picked up a bit as well giving me even less time.

To Be Painted:
    CCP Vented Hood w/ AeroCatch Flush Mount Hood Pins
    Carbon Miata NB Fender Flares

To Be Installed:
    RetroModern NB Window Switch
    Tein Street Advance Coilovers
    RS Watanabe Type-R 15x8.5 -9
    RS Watanabe Lug Nuts

Watanabe RS.jpg

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScratchNSniff For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-30-2019),HarryB (04-30-2019),MiataQuest (04-30-2019),oldgrayleather (05-01-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Oh, boy, them wats...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (05-01-2019),ScratchNSniff (04-30-2019)

Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Looking forward to install pics, nice wheel choice Alex!
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (05-01-2019)

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    I had been watching them for a few months and finally decided I'd make an offer on them and needless to say was accepted haha!!! Hopefully can get a few updates in before MATG actually happens I'm hoping!!!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    What tire are you going to run?
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o View Post
    What tire are you going to run?
    Good question that I don't really have an answer to just yet...in typical, "whatever comes through the shop" mentality...I'll most likely snag whatever is the best thing I get in off of a pair of wheels that come through in the next few months...225's I believe we have a full set of right now in 15's, but if anything my cars rarely get anything new on them, so it is kind of always one of those things where we just use parts off of the recycled cars that come through...all but a couple pieces on it so far are as such...

Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Just keep an eye on the manufacturer date of the tire and make sure they are less than five years old and if near that keep that in mind as "dry rotted" tires is ultimately what caused the accident that claimed Paul Walker and his friend.

Having dismounted tires that are 5-10+yrs old and seeing how they split in the tread as they are being dismounted, I could only imagine what they'd do in real world driving conditions. Personally I don't normally touch used tires.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-03-2019)

Drives
    Miata, Pilot, Civics...
    Thanks Given
    00SEMSM Clone got some new mods on it including the 02SE Seats, Dark Brown S-Special Floor Mats, and the Powdercoated Ardent Silver Boss Frog Roll Bar...Megasquirt and a Complete Repaint hopefully by summer time...

This car is really really getting to a point of almost "completion" for what we have been going after...there is not much left that we want to checkoff the list as I really think it's close to the concept we were going after since the beginning with it...

00SEMSM Pic 1.jpg00SEMSM Pic 2.jpg00SEMSM Pic 3.jpg

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScratchNSniff For This Useful Post:

HarryB (04-13-2020),Martin (04-12-2020),tsingson (04-14-2020)