Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What did you buy/do to your NB 2019 Edition!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts

Talking What did you buy/do to your NB 2019 Edition!

I don't have anything to kick this thread off this year but since I started it for 2018 I figured I would start it again this year! Some one has surely done something to their NB or bought something for it in the past 3 days....
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    I some xmas decorations in it since I'm unable to climb a ladder to put them away. :/

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1999 Highlight Silver Metallic Miata
    Thanks Given
    I hope everybody's year is going batter than mine. I have been arguing with insurance companies over my NB's value since it got totaled on Dec 23. So frustrating to have had many decent upgrades and now be told that they don't matter. Even gave them a list with descriptions and pricing. One more call denying me and a lawyer gets called....just want to be able to replace it with something close to what I had in condition and reliability....
    99 Highlight Silver Metallic- AEM CAI, Aluminum Radiator, Bilsteins, 10 AE engine, Racing Beat Springs and Muffler, New Robbins Top, 10AE Strut Tower Brace. Low key/ low bucks- parts waiting in the garage most of the time. Driven over 230,000 miles from California's twisties to Florida's humidity...

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    @RandolphB: Sorry to hear. If this is your insurance it is time for a new provider. If it isn't and you carry full coverage then see what they will do. I had to do this on a EG Civic Si as the at fault individual was evading his insurance company but at first even my insurance wasn't offering me enough as it had a B16A2 swap.

The insurance has to give you "fair market trade value" or in other words what it would cost to buy that car in similar condition/modifications. I ended up getting about $500 more than I paid so I think it was a fair amount.

I have Progressive(over 10 yrs now) and they have a option to add up to $8k in additional coverage for aftermarket parts but must have receipts and can do more but at that point you have to do a declared value.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    @RandolphB: Sorry to hear. If this is your insurance it is time for a new provider. If it isn't and you carry full coverage then see what they will do. I had to do this on a EG Civic Si as the at fault individual was evading his insurance company but at first even my insurance wasn't offering me enough as it had a B16A2 swap.

The insurance has to give you "fair market trade value" or in other words what it would cost to buy that car in similar condition/modifications. I ended up getting about $500 more than I paid so I think it was a fair amount.

I have Progressive(over 10 yrs now) and they have a option to add up to $8k in additional coverage for aftermarket parts but must have receipts and can do more but at that point you have to do a declared value.
    Company is Allstate. No longer have receipts, as they were lost in a flood back in California along with a lot of other stuff stored in my garage. I do have a list of all parts and pricing I kept in my computer all along. Adjuster explained to me that they don't cover anything they consider a "Speed" part because they don't allow racing. He also explained how my policy means the fine print limits a lot of things they pay for, and told me to go to the other guy's company (they took blame) as I am not trapped by the fine print with them. They came up with a value of only $3000.00 because they found 2 in the state of the same year. Of course, no leather interior, no power windows and no other rather long list of even basic features. I asked, "Then it's not really a replacement, is it?". Tomorrow I start the process all over with Traveler's, and if I get no satisfaction I will get a lawyer.......all I want is enough to match the basic features and condition of the car. Mine had a low mile engine and lots of new parts. Paint was rough, but literally had already ordered paint to do the repairs- and it showed up 4 days after the wreck. Will probably look into a different company afterwards, but have had endless bad luck since moving back to Florida some years ago.
    99 Highlight Silver Metallic- AEM CAI, Aluminum Radiator, Bilsteins, 10 AE engine, Racing Beat Springs and Muffler, New Robbins Top, 10AE Strut Tower Brace. Low key/ low bucks- parts waiting in the garage most of the time. Driven over 230,000 miles from California's twisties to Florida's humidity...

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Randolph...helped a friend remotely going through the same thing with his NA. He was trying to get fair market, provided receipts, etc. and they blocked him at most every turn. The goal was to break-even on the car, as a stock unit, but also get the car back so he could remove a lot of the add-ons he put in it (rollbar, wheels, suspension, etc.). It was a long process, but he got a decent value on the car, bout it back, and started stripping off the extra parts. It's frustrating for sure, but the values on Miatas are ALL over the place. The at-fault driver's insurer was requiring my friend to provide DEALERSHIP values of '94 Miatas in his area...which is ludicrous. Receipts he couldn't find, he reached out to the vendors from confirmation emails sent after purchase. A lot of them were really helpful to email him duplicate invoices for the stuff he purchased.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

tsingson (01-11-2019)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Randolph...helped a friend remotely going through the same thing with his NA. He was trying to get fair market, provided receipts, etc. and they blocked him at most every turn. The goal was to break-even on the car, as a stock unit, but also get the car back so he could remove a lot of the add-ons he put in it (rollbar, wheels, suspension, etc.). It was a long process, but he got a decent value on the car, bout it back, and started stripping off the extra parts. It's frustrating for sure, but the values on Miatas are ALL over the place. The at-fault driver's insurer was requiring my friend to provide DEALERSHIP values of '94 Miatas in his area...which is ludicrous. Receipts he couldn't find, he reached out to the vendors from confirmation emails sent after purchase. A lot of them were really helpful to email him duplicate invoices for the stuff he purchased.

I've gone through the process of reduced payoff/ retain title on two other cars. Striped the old one for the replacement one...but am thinking a great deal of what was added is under the hood- and crushed. So far I am getting the "We found a '99 at a dealer 150 miles away...you could get it!" approach. I doubt anyone would have receipts for things I bought 10 to 15 years ago also. So I am stuck there. In the end, my car was highly reliable, with just small maintenance issues to cover for the next 100,000 miles. I knew every inch of the car and had planned against that for other issues in life I would rather spend money on. Losing it means I lost all my reliability and destroys that budgeting...so my sights are focused mainly on that in a replacement chassis. Prices are stupid from one extreme to the other here in Florida! Lately all I see are automatics- and that is certainly not a replacement for a Miata with a manual.......!

Idling - Listen to it purr... ItsAllRigged's Avatar
    Drives
    Sakhir Orange '99 Sport
    Thanks Given
    Bathed, fueled and joy rode her yesterday. 20190115_091902.jpg

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ItsAllRigged For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (01-15-2019),HarryB (01-15-2019),MX5Wisher (01-16-2019),tsingson (01-17-2019)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Gas money is the best money spent on any car.

Drives
    Sakhir Orange '99 Sport
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Gas money is the best money spent on any car.
    Indeed! Especially at $1.97/gal.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Average gas price here is approx 1.7$/litre, which is almost 4 times more expensive.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Slampen's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    and gas is not the biggest cost of owning a car.

Drives
    Sakhir Orange '99 Sport
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Slampen View Post
    and gas is not the biggest cost of owning a car.
    It might be if you live with HarryB in Greece!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Slampen's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllRigged View Post
    It might be if you live with HarryB in Greece!
    Gas is a little more expensive in Norway than in Greece.
    (16 Norwegian Krone equals 1.87 United States Dollar)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slampen For This Useful Post:

HarryB (01-18-2019),ItsAllRigged (01-23-2019)

Drives
    a Miata, 2003 Silver
    Thanks Given
    Hard Dog roll bar, and Lotus seats Next up... installation.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast