Thread: T3 Adapter, AE101 Throttle Bodies, Vacuum Block, Air Horns, Volvo Vacuum Pump

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given

T3 Adapter, AE101 Throttle Bodies, Vacuum Block, Air Horns, Volvo Vacuum Pump

Price: $750
    Shipping + Paypal: $50
    What's Included:
    Techno Tuning Toy ITB adapter (discontinued)
    AE101 Throttle Bodies
    45mm Air Horns (new, never installed or mounted)
    Vacuum Block
    Toyota TPS
    Volvo Vacuum Pump (not pictured)
    The Good:
    As you may know, some of the T3 adapters for the NB miata simply don't line up. I personally looked at multiple adapters, stamped as appropriate for the NB, and found what others have reported: a rather significant overlap on the intake port. I eventually found one in the appropriate size. There is approximately 1 - 1.5mm of overlap on the intake port. I tried my best to get a photo (see below).

The Bad:
    Previous owner painted everything and did a poor job. As you can see there is lots of paint flaking. Function was more important than form when I purchased these and the plan was to hit them with a dremel and then repaint. So, they're a little ugly, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Given the difficulty I had in finding a "good" T3 adapter I was less concerned about paint and more concerned about not having to remove a ton of material off the intake port (or having to "build up" the adapter as some have suggested.)

Third party data / zero affiliation?
    Sure, why not.
    https://www.miataturbo.net/dynos-tim...01-itbs-95976/

**Trying to determine why site won't let me add photos...
    Last edited by Blueiii; 10-20-2019 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add photos
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal