Thread: Samm's NC1 Sport project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! sammjoey's Avatar
    Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    A few days worth of updates really.
    I got around to wrapping the other roll hoop cover as well as the door handle caps which I wrapped with some of the offcuts as they're so small.

Then I began working on the front suspension set up as the replacement extended studs were arriving so I wanted to have the front now ready to go as the rear is.

In the process I had this caliper screw 'act up', after a brief encounter with a drill it was no longer.

Then the studs arrived in perfect time, I had literally just finished sorting the front suspension out and stripping it down to the hubs. After a bit of playing around, the studs fitted in! Time to put it down on the ground...

Not sure how literally I meant that, but there you go it's on the ground.

I then tried to turn my attention to the rear studs, after stripping one side down to the hub I realised something....this wasn't going to be possible. Despite having read from several sources stating that you can replace the rear wheel studs on NC's without taking the hub off. You simply can't as the rear assembly doesn't give you enough clearance to do so. I then spent some time speaking to a buddy of mine (the one who fitted my tyres), he should be able to help me pull the hub in order to change the studs. My only concern will be if the bearing comes apart when doing do.

After all this, I didn't want to be defeated today. I still wanted to see how it fully looked, so I still put the rear wheels on and just moved it around a little. There really isn't sufficient thread to be able to safely drive it. I really... really need the extended studs lol.

But anyway, enjoy some clean shots of how it sits.

����������
    NC1 Sport, BC Racing Coilovers, RE Amemiya AW7 Wheels.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

benpopham (03-14-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (03-13-2019),MiataQuest (03-13-2019),tsingson (03-14-2019)