Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Samm's NC1 Sport project

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! sammjoey's Avatar
    Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    So I thought I would be a nice idea to go back through some of my photos from the last year at shows and share some of the Mx5's I've shot, seen and are owned by friends. And focusing on the film photos after the inspiration from Roadster7!

Dan's NA, next to Becky's NB and the corner of my NC back at Rollhard 2019.

While at Rollhard also saw this NB super slammed on these Longchamps! (possible one of my favourite 6 spoke wheels).

Jacks NA

Ians Jubiride NA

Then later at MX5 show and shine I got to meet with Ben after the show. I first remember seeing his car at Goodwood for Players Classic a year or two prior, I believe we started talking after my pictures back then after I really appreciated the style of his build and the MS Racing Gloves he had on display! So here are a couple of the shots I got of his NA in the scenic locations at Beaulieu Motor Museum.

I think I've posted some shots of mine a Rich's NC's from that same MX5 Show and Shine event before, but here are the ones from film.

And then in the midst of December I had a photoshoot with Ian's Jubiride NA up in the back lanes near Stevenage.

I honestly think that Work Equip 40's might be one of my favourite new wheels for NA's. Maybe....Just maybe they could make an appearance in future....Maybe

Anyway that'll do for the film shots for now. I think after this Coronavirus blows over I'll get the film camera out more and try to attend some more MX5 events in the UK.
    NC1 Sport, BC Racing Coilovers, RE Amemiya AW7 Wheels.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

benpopham (05-14-2020),Ctsquid (05-12-2020),MaRcOp01o (05-13-2020),Roadster7 (05-14-2020),Satisaii (05-12-2020),tsingson (05-12-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    So with some help from the other half over the last couple of nights we had stripped the wheels down ready to go off to my buddy's shop. This really was a more laborious process than I thought it would be, peeling off old silicone with nothing but a razor blade and wirewool. Maybe in future I'll invest in something to make this easier. Or I'll save myself the pain and leave it to my buddy.

All 12 pieces ready to go!

Having just dropped my wheels at my buddy's shop, I thought I'd share a couple of the projects he had on the go there. They're no Mazda's i'm afraid but they sure are interesting!

A Mercedes 190E with a BMW M52 engine, it's fully running now but it just needs to go back together.

His other car that's on the go was a Citroen BX Gti with a 2.0 engine swap.

Messing around with some of the 3 piece lips he had laying about his shop.

Now this really would be fun, shame something like this 11.5" wide wouldn't be possible to fit (plus these are stepped lips not reverse so they don't actually fit haha).

But anyway that's it for now really, it'll be about a week until the wheels are back and until then I'm probably just going to be hunting through YAJ.

See you guys soon, stay safe.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-15-2020),MaRcOp01o (05-14-2020),MiataQuest (05-14-2020),Roadster7 (05-14-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    I'm just going to say it...

I want an NA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

atlex (05-19-2020),MaRcOp01o (05-18-2020)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlex's Avatar
    Drives
    blue, white and two-tone
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by sammjoey View Post
    I'm just going to say it...

I want an NA
    I've got two and I still want more. heh.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlex For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-19-2020),sammjoey (05-19-2020)

Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    I'm going to be moving out of my parents place within the next year so I feel once that happens the NC may go and be replaced by an NA. Only once I've moved out as I will aim to have a reasonable size garage to work on and restore and NA in, and it probably won't be viable to own the NC and an NA.

But I think I'd like a V Spec Eunos.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

benpopham (05-21-2020),MaRcOp01o (05-19-2020),tsingson (05-19-2020)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345