Thread: Add blue tooth and navigation?

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    Black 2015
    Thanks Given

Add blue tooth and navigation?

I have a 2015 mx-5 grand touring with retractable hardtop that doesn't have blue tooth or navigation, although I know it was available. Any thoughts, ideas, etc. on if, and if so, how to, add blue tooth and navigation?

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch NicolasN's Avatar
    Drives
    BRG NB2 '04 MX5
    Thanks Given
    You could use a Bluetooth reciever to your oem aux port
    https://m.gearbest.com/headphone-acc...pp_663674.html
    For navigation I think you'll have to change the head unit

Στάλθηκε από το LYA-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I’m a fan of using aftermarket headunits for these features versus OEM. Most tend to be more flexible in terms of expandability and updates. I use my phone for nav via Bluetooth in my Miata this way.

I recently installed a double DIN Sony unit with Apple CarPlay in my wife’s car and the display works just as her phone. It was a very clean installation, very OE looking and works with her steering wheel controls, plus Siri for hands-free operations.

Google Maps works great on it. I have considered adding the same one to my car. I would think Android versions of a similar headunit would work just as well.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    I too prefer not to have built-in navigation. The maps get dated and I think Mazda only gives you one free update before you have to start paying, at least that’s how it was in my Mazda6.

I love Apple CarPlay built in to my Soul. I just get in and my phone automatically links from my pocket. I don’t have to do anything else. Maps come right up on the 8” screen on occasions where I need navigation, the maps are the most current available at no cost to me.

I would buy a decent, entry-level Kenwood with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto built in and skip the more expensive navigation versions. Here’s one example with CarPlay and Bluetooth: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...-DDX6704S.html

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I bought my wife the Sony unit because it has a knob for volume control. It works great in here RAV4 and she uses the voice controls a lot while on customer appointments.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-19-2019),HarryB (03-20-2019)