Drives
    2003 red
    Thanks Given

1990 MX-5 Miata 62,336 miles, located Okatie SC Okatie SC $5000.00

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata
    62,336 miles; $5000; Okatie SC

1990 # 1279 built April 1989. LM1NA351XL0101279
    Very good condition. Chrystal White
    Located Okatie SC, near Hilton Head Island.

This is a one owner car bought new June 29, 1989 in Buffalo NY then moved to Hilton Head Island in 1995. Driven very little the last 3 ½ years.

The car drives great with no 65-70 mph shimmy. A very solid vehicle with Package A options (Alloy 5.5x14 wheels, P.S., leather wrapped wheel, AM/FM). Also has Air conditioning and rare Limited Slip Differential.

The exterior is in great shape but with minor scrapes on RF bumper cover. There are 2 small areas of surface rust on the passenger side, one forward and one aft of the door. The engine compartment and trunk still have evidence of cosmoline coverage. Most I have removed to show the well-preserved paint and decals. The cosmoline did its job. All panels are original with factory VIN tags and no body work detected.

Underneath there is no bodywork repair that I could detect. The original muffler is still intact and functioning. There is minor surface rust on one of the jack pads but no other rust was evident.

One wheel has minor curb abuse/road rage, the others are very good/excellent. Tires are Solus KR21 185/60R 14.

The top is in very good original condition with no tears, no leaks and showing only normal wear. The rear window is clear with no undue wear and no cracks.

The interior has a Kenwood AM/FM/CD with Memphis 6.5 speakers. The carpets and cloth seats are in very good original condition with no tears and normal wear. There are a couple small holes on the interior door coverings. These are not worn areas but look more like puncture marks.

The trunk shows lots of cosmoline debris. The carpets are still attached with glue to the bottom, so I did not try to remove them and look for rust as there was no rust visible from underneath. I did not spend much time cleaning the trunk, but some elbow grease will have it looking as good as the engine compartment.

The last service was 4/26/18 @ 62,084 miles to check and recharge AC, check fluids, belts, tires, brakes, etc.
    2nd last service: 11/17/15 @ 61,221 miles. Oil and filter replaced. Only driven last 3 ½ years.

I have all the service records since car moved to Hilton Head island in 1995. Following are the notable service events:
    Replace clutch 10/31/96 @ 16,716 miles.
    Replace catalytic converter 3/13/06 @ 26,202 miles.
    AC compressor replaced 8/1/07
    Repainted 9/15/11 @ approx. 54,000 miles.
    Windshield replaced 12/07/11
    Timing belt, tensioner, drive V belts replaced 4/2/12/ @ 55,984 miles.
    Engine replaced 5/3/12 @ 56,129 mi. Engine from 1991 Miata with 64,426 mi.
    Front Calipers replaced 11/17/15 @ 61221 mi.

Thanks to the help from members on the MazdaRoadster.net forums I learned engine replacement was not uncommon for the early Miata as there was a flaw in the crank snout. Also, the Crystal White color was known to have a paint defect. The paint would flake if pressure washed. I do not know the particulars of the repaint other than calling the owner of the shop that did the work. He recalled from eleven years ago all they did was prepare and paint with no body work.

The emergency break and interior lights do not work. Everything else functions well.

This is a very solid driver that was not abused or driven hard. It appears to have been mechanically pampered with regular oil service and prompt attention to mechanical problems. Window stickers and factory manuals are in good shape. This is a well-preserved example of an early Miata.

I have many pictures both top and bottom I’d be happy to share to prospective buyers. Thank you for your interest.

Mike
    843-987-3567

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata

This is a one owner car bought new June 29, 1989 in Buffalo NY then moved to Hilton Head Island in 1995. Driven very little the last 3 ½ years by owner until he deceased in Feb 2019. I am selling this beauty for my widowed neighbor. I have zero financial interest in this vehicle, and I am not a dealer. The title is in the widow’s name, but I will answer all questions and negotiate price. I’m just another gear head trying to help my neighbor.

The car drives great with no 65-70 mph shimmy. A very solid vehicle with Package A options (Alloy 5.5x14 wheels, P.S., leather wrapped wheel, AM/FM). Also has Air conditioning and rare Limited Slip Differential.

The exterior is in great shape but with minor scrapes on RF bumper cover. There are 2 small areas of surface rust on the passenger side, one forward and one aft of the door. The engine compartment and trunk still have evidence of cosmoline coverage. Most I have removed to show the well-preserved paint and decals. The cosmoline did its job. All panels are original with factory VIN tags and no body work detected.

Underneath there is no bodywork repair that I could detect. The original muffler is still intact and functioning. There is minor surface rust on one of the jack pads but no other rust was evident.

One wheel has minor curb abuse/road rage, the others are very good/excellent. Tires are Solus KR21 185/60R 14.

The top is in very good original condition with no tears, no leaks and showing only normal wear. The rear window is clear with no undue wear and no cracks.

The interior has a Kenwood AM/FM/CD with Memphis 6.5 speakers. The carpets and cloth seats are in very good original condition with no tears and normal wear. There are a couple small holes on the interior door coverings. These are not worn areas but look more like puncture marks.

The trunk shows lots of cosmoline debris. The carpets are still attached with glue to the bottom, so I did not try to remove them and look for rust as there was no rust visible from underneath. I did not spend much time cleaning the trunk, but some elbow grease will have it looking as good as the engine compartment.

The last service was 4/26/18 @ 62,084 miles to check and recharge AC, check fluids, belts, tires, brakes, etc.
    2nd last service: 11/17/15 @ 61,221 miles. Oil and filter replaced. Only driven last 3 ½ years.

I have all the service records since car moved to Hilton Head island in 1995. Following are the notable service events:

Thanks to the help from members on the MazdaRoadster.net forums I learned engine replacement was not uncommon for the early Miata as there was a flaw in the crank snout. Also, the Crystal White color was known to have a paint defect. The paint would flake if pressure washed. I do not know the particulars of the repaint other than calling the owner of the shop that did the work. He recalled from eleven years ago all they did was prepare and paint with no body work.

The emergency break and interior lights do not work. Everything else functions well.

This is a very solid driver that was not abused or driven hard. It appears to have been mechanically pampered with regular oil service and prompt attention to mechanical problems. Window stickers and factory manuals are in good shape. This is a well-preserved example of an early Miata.

I have many pictures both top and bottom I’d be happy to share to prospective buyers. Thank you for your interest.

Mike
    843-987-3567

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata

This is a one owner car bought new June 29, 1989 in Buffalo NY then moved to Hilton Head Island in 1995. Driven very little the last 3 ½ years.

Mike
    843-987-3567
    Attached Images Attached Images