Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jakemx5's silver supercharged na, aka 'Jasmine'

Idling - Listen to it purr... jakemx5's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 silverstone
    Thanks Given
    So something else I should probably share with everyone is the fact that I tend to toy around with ideas for what to do with my car for weeks or even months before I actually do them. During this time I usually obsessively research and try to compile as much information as I can to figure out what/if its best for me.
    So that being said, I've been toying around with the idea of running dual throttle bodies with my supercharger. I know its fairly well documented, and I've spent hours reading forums about doing it, but I was curious if anyone had any advice or tips for doing it with the 1.6/Sebring kit. If not, I have no problem trying to figure out what to do, but I figured I have this build thread going, so why not ask you guys! Also, if anyone has advice on what parts one would need to do this, I definitely would not be upset to some guidance there too I only ask for what parts I may need because I would love to have a solid list compiled as far as what I need before I start getting things, and previous threads usually list parts needed over the whole thread (at least as far as I found, feel free to correct me if there is a parts list somewhere, I'm just a kid whose learning as I go )

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakemx5 For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (05-01-2019),HarryB (05-01-2019),MaRcOp01o (05-01-2019)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemx5 View Post

Oh no.. please don't tell me its another project I already spend too much time reading everyone's posts that I should be using for homework, another project might put me over the edge
    It’s sadly not another car because I do need a daily both miatas I have are too special to be on the road to much but it’s a part a pretty big part.
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaRcOp01o For This Useful Post:

jakemx5 (05-01-2019)

Drives
    1990 silverstone
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o View Post
    It’s sadly not another car because I do need a daily both miatas I have are too special to be on the road to much but it’s a part a pretty big part.
    well im excited too see it do you have an eta?

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! MaRcOp01o's Avatar
    Drives
    93 EUNOS and 93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemx5 View Post
    well im excited too see it do you have an eta?
    Max is month and a half 2 months
    Follow the Builds
    1993 Eunos Roadster B-spec by Mazdaspeed
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....819#post222819
    1993 Mazda Miata LE
    https://mazdaroadster.net/showthread...233#post244233

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaRcOp01o For This Useful Post:

jakemx5 (05-02-2019)

Drives
    1990 silverstone
    Thanks Given
    So as promised, here are some more pictures of my car. Mainly the interior as the exterior is pretty easy to see. Also, I have some rather sad news from this past weekend. But first, the pics!

engine bay 2

So this is how my engine bay currently sits. As you can see, I have the sebring m45 supercharger, with the DDMworks intake. I also painted my valve cover red, and have NGK (i believe..?) spark plug wires. It is mildly tucked, and the catch can sits just below the wiper motor. I also have the downstar beauty bolts/washers replacing most of the bolts in the engine bay. (Sorry its a little hard to see, the shadows in my shop make the pictures look odd).

interior1

First picture of the interior. As you can see, I have stock seats that were recovered in leather by the previous owner. I also did a foamectomy on the drivers side because I am 6'2" I also have a 330 mm Nardi Deep Corn in perforated leather. I use the NRG 2.8 quick release with the lock button taken out because it makes it easier to pull on and off. The wheel still locks on just fine, I just need to pull the ears to take it off. Finally an NRG short hub mounts the QR to the clock-spring. I also have the pillar gauges, which I actually prefer. The gauges display boost, AFR, and oil temps, from the top down. My shift knob is a Tomei 90mm knob, and I personally love it. And the e brake button is a WeAreLikewise spike "drift button". The spring has been taken out, so I just push it in to put the ebrake down and pull it out to engage the brake. Its pretty easy to use and no, it doesn't hurt. Also you can see the door bar peeking in the bottom corner of the picture. (Also, Disclaimer; sorry my interior is so dirty. I was too excited to drive the car to give it a proper cleaning. Please don't harass me too much, I haven't driven the car is 6 months )

interior2

Here is a better picture of the seats, and you can see my beautiful ZerekFab roll bar. I personally love it, and i think it looks great!

Interior3

Here is a view from the cockpit. Also ignore the bird poop on the windshield, the birds by my school seemed to like my car

And now my personal favorite part of my car, my hardtop. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I have a thing for Japanese sticker culture, and I figured my blank hardtop roof was the perfect canvas to show this love.

interior4

interior5

A lot of these stickers are from local companies, companies whose parts I have, or just stickers that I like. Its definitely not done, but I like the progress I've made so far. Every time I see my roof I smile, especially because usually myself and my passengers are the only ones who see it.

Now for the sad part....

So on saturday (may 4th) my friend held a show at his house for our group of car friends, called the Catalina Wine Mixer (it should be obvious why this was the name ). There was about 50 cars there, as we all just hung out, ate food, and caught up about whats been going on lately. This was the first time I had drove my car since October, and I was ecstatic. The car ran great, the new trans shifted smooth, and all seemed great! So after hanging out, giving many rides to people there, and getting a little too much sun, OUCH!, I left and went to school. I finally hit 100,000 miles on the way back, and I was having a great day. But that was soon to change. As I was coming up a hill and crossing an intersection in Milwaukee, my car suddenly just shut off. The car refused to turn back on. This happened at about 8:30 pm, and I called my friend who came to help my push my car the 1/4 mile to the parking lot where I was going to park. Once we got the car to the lot, I looked everything over and nothing seemed out of place. The car will crank, and while the key is on it starts to run, but as soon as you let go of the key to disengage the starter, it shuts off. I can't figure out what it is, and the only thing that I noticed was that my AFR's at idle were reading over 17 prior to the car ceasing motor activity. I have not had much time to dig into it, as my dad came and towed my home (thanks dad!) but I'm thinking it is either an ignitor, a main relay, or my cam angle sensor. If anyone has any idea as to what might be going on, feel free to let me know, because I'm currently stumped. I'll be going home this weekend to try and fix it, so I'll let you all know how it goes, but that's all I have for now. Thanks!

*BONUS*
    trailer
    Here's the picture of my dad helping to pick my car up after the catastrophe. Thank god my dad likes to haul his tractor around, so we happen to have a perfect miata sized trailer on hand

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jakemx5 For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (05-07-2019)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Nice to see a update, Jake, but sorry about the recent issue.

Trouble shooting a car can be very frustrating, wish I had some insight to offer but based on what information you provided thus far I unfortunately do not have anything useful to add. I can say the more information you provide the more likely someone will be able to help. Hope it is something simple!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

jakemx5 (05-07-2019)

Drives
    1990 silverstone
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Nice to see a update, Jake, but sorry about the recent issue.

Trouble shooting a car can be very frustrating, wish I had some insight to offer but based on what information you provided thus far I unfortunately do not have anything useful to add. I can say the more information you provide the more likely someone will be able to help. Hope it is something simple!
    I'm hoping the solution is rather simple, but as of right now I'm not too sure. As i stated, the only real info that I have as of now is that the car will crank over, but as soon as I let go of the key so it is in the 'run' position, the car quits. Also, as I said, the idle AFR's prior were at 17+, which may or may not be related. I will definitely be doing more digging this weekend, and a fellow miata connoisseur who lives just down the road is loaning me an igniter and CAS to see if that fixes it, so I know what to buy. But ill keep you all updated as I go along!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given
    Since you didn't hear anything nasty before it shut down I would think it's not a big problem. First thing I thought off was the relay everyone talks about, but since it hasn't happened to me yet I don't know how they act when it does happen. Good Luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CLZinn2 For This Useful Post:

jakemx5 (05-07-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12