Thread: Frustrated trying to find out what size is an OEM NA power steering pulley!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given

Frustrated trying to find out what size is an OEM NA power steering pulley!

I googled the question what size is an OE power steering pulley for an NA Miata in multiple ways and I can't get a straight answer. I want to get an aluminum pulley as the rest of my pulleys will be aluminum and it's like I'm speaking one language and the answer is in another. Doesn't seam like it should be that hard of question to answer. I have a Jackson Racing intake on the car so getting a measurement is impossible without removing it, so I thought I just google it, that will be easy...WOW. I need to know the diameter, bore and off set, then I can try to see if an after market one is being made that I can get from Summit or Jegs unless there is a miata parts dealer that makes them, as I couldn't find one. I asked for an aluminum power steering reservoir tank and all that comes up is universal one which means doesn't fit anything!!!

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts

Frustrated trying to find out what size is an OEM NA power steering pulley!

The time you spent googling that and posting this, you may have already found the answers you needed by getting your hands dirty and removing the intake. ;)

Otherwise buy a used unit and take measurements from that, learn how to remove the pulley so you can remove the one that matters cleanly when you find what you need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-05-2019)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Miata Classic Red 1997 w/Tan interior
    Thanks Given
    The reason I didn't get my hands dirty is simple. I'M DISABLED!!! I have pieces of herniated disk stuck in my spine and bending over like that kills me even with the Morphine I take daily.

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Cool beans. Anyone near you with a Miata?