Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vegard's NA6C

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given

Vegard's NA6C

I'll start at the beginning.

I bought my 1991 mx-5 on november 13th 2007, at that point it had 205 000km's on the body, and having had a short nose failure the swapped short nose had 180 000ish. It also had a diff failure, which is why it has a open 1.8 diff. Other non stock things were eibach springs and a mighty big exhaust leak.

Here's a photo from a week or so after I bought it.

My first priority was getting a new exhaust for my 5. From reading the forums it seemed Goodwin was a good source, so I ordered my racing beat header, and power pulse catback from him, and on a cold December day I installed my new header and exhaust outside in the snow.

Did some other misc stuff that winter like new speakers from Mb Quart, oils, racing beat air intake, when summer came around I installed the beat up OZ's that came with the car.

My shocks went out and my budget not stretching for new everything ended on a set of Tokico Illumina's.

Rev9autosport was running a sale and my first exterior purchase was a set of Runabout M2 mirrors.

I also needed new brakes, and I contacted Steve @ planetmiata and got a good deal on the parts I needed.

1.8 mounts, discs and hawk hps pads.

Clubroadster had it's influence on me, and I ended up buying a garage vary front lip from Rspeed another great miata vendor.

I also bought a set of 205/50-15 r888s and painted my old winter wheels black, and looking back at it, it looked quite cool I must say!

I found a ARC chamber used on a british forum (for mr2s mainly, someone on the british nutz forum tipped me off! ) and it made its way to my (dirty) engine bay:

A few other parts made it way to my car like new sway bars, runabout fuel lid, euro NC turn signals with chrome ring.

I had a great time at my first (and only ) auto-x

This photo brings us up to December 2008.

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given

Another winter photo, it's now January 2009.

My brother got me some nice redline goods interior parts for christmas, and I got myself a new steering wheel, a Key!s racing d shaped wheel in suede, mounted on a daikei hub. Maxime @ rev9autosport gave me a better deal then anywhere else would.

My old CD player died and with it a Roots cd So I searched for a design I liked and found this used on ebay uk.

I also purchased side pockets and interior door handles from Zoom Engineering

And these shiny Sheoneme (yes, thats their actual name, haha) tow hooks! Rev9autosport

A final winter shot to rap up winter of 08/09.

You can also see Kolbotn's silverstone here in it's early days of life with Frode

I need to stop procrastinating, so I'll return to this when I get bored of writing my paper (Which is due in 8ish hours)

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    I did not plan to get flares so soon, but Steve/sideshow/mr planetmiata had a set of Jubiride flares up for sale at a good price. I purchased them mid winter or so, and started researching what kind of wheels I could fit with the tire size I wanted (225/45-15) at that point there wasn't a whole lot of others running them (and still, not many) I was looking at one of my all time roadster muses, the frogeye-jps NA which if the data I found was right is running in this photo:

Wheels: RS Watanabe RS8 R Type
    F) 8-15 0
    R) 8.5-15 -6
    Tires: A048 F) 215/50R15 R) 225/50R15

I got my tires, 225/45-15 Toyo r888

I got my wheels, Compomotive ML 15x9 0

Had to try them on the day I got them!

Budget spraying!

Past the point of return.

Last edited by Vegard; 03-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Inspiration

I went with black flares, mostly because it would be easier then red and a few inspirational cars on clubroadster made it the colour I'd try first!

JDMAflac and Driftz both with autokonexion flares in black on red.

And on the red-red side, Quinn's oh so awesome tuckin-work-yokohama-awesome setup and rotornuts smoothed autokonexion setup.

Flares painted black, installed and out enjoying it!

Also bought a set of Kg works TSI's from Bratfass a german with a great smurf blue NA.

I very much look forward to driving this stretch of road again, lovely scenery, nice twisties and no traffic.

Ready!

Looking ahead

Chilling at the side of the road.

Black hardtop, black flares, black lip, always had plans for black window frame also, but that hasn't happened yet.

And I'll end it with a failed attempt at editing photos.

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    There are some misc parts I'm not mentioning I'm sure, but here's a few of my favorites, this is 09-10.

Kg works switch panel, Stack oil temp and cd player in the ddmworks cage/holder/thingy.

And a bad photo of my revlimiter gauges, he added some nice touches that I wanted and I love the way they turned out. Revlimiter

Found a good one Adam shot himself! I have a new set laying next to me because of a few small imperfections (that's Adam, awesome service) and have had for some time, I'm so slow and I'll be sure to spend some time shooting them when I get to it!

Valve cover got done while I had it off for timing belt, water pump and some other misc stuff.

Steering rack depowered, in addition to the steps in FM's tutorial I had the input shafted welded, so there would be no slop. A great modification! I changed the tie rod ends for the r-package ones, to help minimize bumpsteer.

New bushings in all arms/uprights/etc, a proper pain in the ass with loads of rusted cambolts. Fresh ones installed.
    Alignment numbers:
    -2. 20
    -5.40 caster
    -0 toe

Volk racing something something lugs. They're purdy, that's all. Rev9autosport yet again

Mishimoto radiator, almost forgot about this one, stock brittle end caps cracked so I got the mishimoto radiator from Miataroadster, another great miata vendor!

Purdy endlinks from yet another great miata vendor 949racing!

I'll end this post with a photo I really like. Automn at it's best.

Attached Images Attached Images

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! oldcafe's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    one of the best red miata
    Spaghetti Garage Italian Taste

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    Dude... such a cool miata
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given

And the few parts I got 2010-2011, other then these and painting the flares red it's been at a stand still. Budget doesn't stretch while studying.

Some good quality parts from Garagestar!

Zoom eng blinkers, as can be seen in photo number three

No photo but I also have a 1.8 lsd, a 6 speed, 1.8 clutch waiting for me to get new diff mounts, half shafts, engine mounts and a lightweight 1.8 flywheel...

And framerails from p5 in Britain.

I have plenty of plans but little money. I'll try to get a few new things for it in 2012 also.

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcafe View Post
    one of the best red miata
    Thank you Gianni! Looking forward to seeing your new/other wheels on ;)

Quote Originally Posted by I<3flippyheadlights View Post
    Dude... such a cool miata
    Thank you, appreciate the feedback!

And on that note.

What front bumper should I get?

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Vegard, I've always loved your car. It's a nice balance between clean and classy. I think it'd look good with a bumper that looks like it'd come from the factory with it. I'm thinking something like this, I think it's Jubiride.
    RoadsterLife<3

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    HKS front bumper

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n103281347

Or an m2 style one

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power George's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! oldcafe's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    [QUOTE=Vegard;31517]Thank you Gianni! Looking forward to seeing your new/other wheels on ;)

Spaghetti Garage Italian Taste

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by morr View Post
    Vegard, I've always loved your car. It's a nice balance between clean and classy. I think it'd look good with a bumper that looks like it'd come from the factory with it. I'm thinking something like this, I think it's Jubiride.
    Thank you morr! I've been drawn between two looks lately, race ish or stock/vintage ish. And the jubiride is kind of a nice middle ground between stock-ish and race.

I've been drooling over that orange thing since foo-potato posted their photos...

And this thing, Jubiride flares, jubiride front with splitter, feed sides and cool breeze looking OH SO BOSS: http://cdn.mkimg.carview.co.jp/carli...t=fb3fb1b0e7a4

Carview link: http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/476300/profile/

Quote Originally Posted by etikoner View Post
    HKS front bumper

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n103281347

Or an m2 style one
    I've been keeping half an eye on the british forums, as there's a few HKS kansei bumpers floating around over there. Short way to ship so loads to save, but I've been leaning away from it lately.

M2 are high on my lists. Both 1001 and 1002

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I like it, but not with the other plans I have in my head unless I find a bargain which is highly unlikely. The damn brits have been pricing their parts like their gold, what a change from when I first started looking in 2008 till now, I'm sure you've noticed it...

This is high up on my list, at least if I aim for less vintage looking and more race: Garage vary with flush lights

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! stormin'norman's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    One of my early Miata idols when I first joined CR.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast