Thread: New from NH

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! drummingpariah's Avatar
    Drives
    '75 Datsun 280z (turbo), '97 MX-5
    Thanks Given

New from NH

I joined up to spy on all the awesome Miatas that are posted here (I stumbled upon phatmiata's flickr stream, which led me here), in the hopes that I'll be able to dig up some good features for my website. I've always been a big fan of the Miata, particularly its suspension, but I have a really hard time finding good examples in person. Especially in New England, they seem to be more rare than I'd expect. It might be because they're all rusting out, or the owners are trying hard not to let them rust out, or maybe it's just my own bad luck that I can't find them.

At the end of the day, I'm here to ogle your cars, and possibly put them out in the open so others can ogle them too (with permission, of course).

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Welcome to the site! Right now, you can pick up a Miata (relatively rust free) for about $2500.00. Just check out Craig's List...DAILY!!! There are Miata meets and runs all summer long put on by local clubs, be sure to check out our regional forum for more info.

-Jim

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to the forum
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks guys! I've eyed a few Miatas on Craigslist, but prices and mileage tend to be higher than I'm willing to deal with. I'm fairly happy with my little rattlebox of a Nissan for now (57mpg average in a little turbo 1.8!), and have a few fun projects lined up for the next few years to keep me occupied. I've been eyeing the SCCNH listings, and I think I'm going to the hill climb events in VT this year, and may get to some SCCA events as well. I'm sure I'll meet up with anyone who's active in the area. I think my favorite thing about Miatas is the community that tends to follow them. It seems like it's typically mature, knowledgeable people with a minimum of keyboard warriors and armchair racers. I think I'm going to like it around here.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! moerdogg's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to the forum! If you're up for a drive, I've seen cars with slightly less rust in the PA/NJ area. But really you can find good ones anywhere if the owner has taken good care. Check out renegademiata.net for a Miata club with good local events. Also, comscc.org is a general autosports club, but they have a lot of guys who run Miatas. Pretty active classifieds section, too!

Drives
    1990 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Welcome to the MR forum

My 90 blue with 179k

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Its very good to have you here!

Idling - Listen to it purr... bayside blue's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    did i miss read something somewhere?

from the looks of it your here to find clean miatas for your site, yet everyone thinks your looking to buy one?

welcome either way! and if your looking for a local miata for your site i know of a nice blue one in my driveway

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! moerdogg's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bayside blue View Post
    did i miss read something somewhere?

from the looks of it your here to find clean miatas for your site, yet everyone thinks your looking to buy one?

welcome either way! and if your looking for a local miata for your site i know of a nice blue one in my driveway
    Nice work with reading comprehension Bayside, I totally missed that on my first time through. My comment about the local clubs stands, although you can ignore the comments about cars for sale

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Welcome Jesse! Plenty of clean cars to feature on your site, just get with the owners to use their photos. One of the best things about these cars (besides the car itself) is the owners, and great community we share.

Be sure to check out the Miata of the Month (MOTM) section of the forum to see past winners and all the clean Miatas that have entered their cars into the contests.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I have a pretty long running list called "Awesome Miatas on MazdaRoadster" in my potential features doc. I'm really looking forward to getting some of you guys up on my site.

Just to make sure it's clear: I'm not planning to buy a Miata in the near future. I've toyed with the idea several times, and I'm sure that I'll end up with one (or three) in my garage at some point in my car-career, but for now I'm perfectly happy to help work on others' who live nearby and plan out my upcoming build (which barely qualifies as being from a specific marque).