Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My NB Daily Driver - Harbinger

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power atlnb's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    glad you got back it looking like it's old self again!
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    Thanks Andre!

Last Saturday I picked up the final bits and brought them home, I snuck in a hardtop while everything was getting painted. I'll hopefully get some better pictures once this rainy weather goes away.

Attached Images Attached Images
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    She is looking good! Have you thought about painting the inside of the head lights? I have seen some pretty good results, and it can make them more unique.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks! I had considered painting them the last time I had them open, however I chose not to because the chrome provides a better "background" for the GV eyelids (which will go on permanently after I get the newest retrofit done) and it also helps break up the solid color on the front end.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Very nice Roadster!

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    Just went over the whole thread. I like and the new paint made it look even better!

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Vincent123's Avatar
    Drives
    99 NB
    Thanks Given
    So what exactly did you do to reduce the gap between the bumper and the hood? You used the metal mounting plate from the stock bumper and put it on your new one? Is it possible for you to take a pic under your hood so I can see? I have the same issue with a slight gap on my driver side

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks guys!

I will take some pictures of what I did to reduce the gap, easier to show than explain but simple to do. I do not have the metal mounting plate as that part is basically built into the GV bumper. When they did the body work and paint, they also closed the gap up some more by adding glass to the bumper in the places that needed it. The fit and lines are much improved.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch SteelReign's Avatar
    Drives
    04 Steel
    Thanks Given
    Man, reminds me of an FD3S...except it actually is on the road and running!

I got the idea of replacing the A/C vents with 3rd gen Eclipse ones from this thread and they work great! Only thing is that my dash is really shiny and the dull plastic vents kinda stick out...strange, cuz they looked really good in your car!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Haha!

I don't use any shining product on my dash, just a cleaner, so that may have something to do with it. You could try lightly applying some Mother's Back to Black on the Eclipse vents, that'll add some shine to them. Just don't go too heavy with that stuff.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! tanakapz's Avatar
    Drives
    2004 VRM MSM
    Thanks Given
    do you still have the D-Techniques center console delete you posted about here

it's really cool and i'm wondering where / how / how much you sourced it for.
    wut

Thanks Given
    i just realized that you kept the OEM rear brace with the Beatrush. I think you're supposed to remove the OEM for the Beatrush.
    Xida CS | Hard Dog | Corn*s | Bride | Joyfast | Carbing | Beatrush | 6UL | KG Works | Square-Top Manifold | BP5A Cam | Daily/CSP build

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tanakapz View Post
    do you still have the D-Techniques center console delete you posted about here

it's really cool and i'm wondering where / how / how much you sourced it for.
    I do still have it and it'll probably never come out of my car, I like it a lot! I got it from a local member but I think he bought it from someone in Australia IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by atlnb View Post
    i just realized that you kept the OEM rear brace with the Beatrush. I think you're supposed to remove the OEM for the Beatrush.
    Nope, the stock bracing stays in place. I've seen people remove it but the kit comes with spacers specifically for clearing the OEM ladder brace.

Thanks Given
    Ahh interesting.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    So right before Christmas my fuel pump died, in the midst of towing the car to a friend's house to replace it, the tow strap had its way with my front bumper:

BumperCrack.jpg

Aside from that crack, there were at least 8 more small ones visible and from what the body shop said, many more stressed areas too. Thankfully I keep a TDR splitter on this bumper, if I had not had that, there would have been a large chunck missing from the bumper and it likely would not have been repairable. Anyway, I finally got it back this past weekend. My body guy didn't do the work himself the first time around so it had to be redone, thus the long time spent at the shop. I'm picky and he even wasn't satisfied with how it came out the first time. Regardless I definitely missed driving it.

I got this from YellowYata a while back, if nothing else it improves the look vs. the plastic tank:

I still have a trunk lift kit to install but that's likely to be it for a while, I sold off all of the turbo parts I've been hoarding in order to further some investments into my future. The Car Fun Fund was the first unfortunate victim of that decision.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast