Once upon a time, there was me. I was a little bit sad to leave my Super Seven in Belgium and I wanted to find something not really similar, but as fun to drive and at a very reasonable price.

So I bought that Miata in San Diego after seeing probably 20 other Miatas all around SoCal... I wanted a clean one and I found the one I was looking for at a very reasonable price :

The interior was very clean...

and also very stock Miata!

I didn't know at that time I got an STO, and I didn't really care... the car was clean, and had something like 89,000 miles. I paid $3,550 for it, which was a good (fair) price.

The only cons were two dents on the driver's side and a "scar" on the top.

It took me almost a year to start working on the car for real...

So first I wanted wheels that remind me my old Super Seven... so I got a set of Chapparal at RSpeed

Ok, they're a little heavy but the look is killer, and I wanted to give my car the vintage spirit of an English roadster...

First thing I modified inside was... the vent rings... silly heh, but I love those shiny rings

I also added that old style gas cap (or whatever you call it, remember, I'm Belgian)...

Later on, I decided to move one step forward and I added a supercharger (JR SC M45) when I rebuilt the engine.
I'm very happy with it, whatever you might think against superchargers (some), I love the way it pulls and I love the way it sounds...

I also powder coated the valve cover, added a Koyo Rad and lowered the car with Eibach springs and KYB AGX adjustable shocks (not very happy)

Got blue Magnacor spark plug wires now by the way

I wanted to make the brakes look and feel good, so I got a pair of Wilwood, which I was not that happy with (too much noise)

Didn't like the BP10, got a set of Carbotech, even worse, noisy and horribly dusty... I changed that thing later...

I also designed those stripes, because it reminds me of the early Elan... oh I love the Elan...

Back to the inside, I decided to go vintage there as well with a polished 350mm Nardi, MG style gauges and the KG Works cluster... I slept in the car the day I installed it...

Got VDO gauges to complete the cockpit (I know it says turbo but this is all I could find), an A/F wideband gauge hidden in the glove box, and a Nardi shift knob to match the steering wheel...

Then comes the time to get rid of the girly wind blocker and get a roll bar. Double hoop boss frog was the best thing to buy. I followed my friend Matt (Marsupial... whatever) and powder coated it in the same (well almost the same) color as the car...

I love it... except those seat belts that are not going back anymore...

Small detail... I love that logo, even if it's not the same as the original, I don't care, I love it...

Then came Christmas... and for once I received something I really wanted as a gift, from my wife...

A friggin' cool G-String bikini top from Project G !!

That's my wife since 1988, she's awesome; she deserves to be on that thread

and most of all she can cook, especially waffles, and she has a Miata as well

I got a Racing Beat exhaust as well, beautiful sound

Ok, where were we... oh yes, here

So we got the wheels, the brakes, the shocks, the cluster, steering wheel, Racing Beat front sway bar, R-Lip, bikini top, supercharger, radiator, stripes, badge, Boss Frog double hoops roll bar, rear mud flaps, R1R Toyo (OMFG I love those tires!!!!)...

I also needed a new top, so I went for a vintage look (again) with a three window top

Last thing I did was to remove 99% of the door dings I had on my car, I removed the Wilwood brakes (I know, don't yell) and replaced them with MSM sport barkes all around with Hawk pads, and believe it or not, I'm more than happy with that !!!!

Next : intercooling the supercharger and finally find a Torsen.

Thanks for the help to "Matt" (Marsupialquadron) who helped me a lot on this unfinished project...