Thread: G-String Summer Kick-Off Group Buy

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given

G-String Summer Kick-Off Group Buy

G-String Summer Kick-Off Group Buy!!!

Project-G is offering a Summer Kick-Off group buy on our G-String DIY Kit. This is the standard kit we have been selling for the past year. The kit now comes with 2 sets of end caps - Plastic, which needs to be attached with weatherstrip adhesive and Metal, which needs to be welded in place and painted. Both end up having the same appearance, but we found some prefer the more postive attachment provided by welding them. Please keep in mind, this is a "kit" which means there is some assembly needed on your end to complete the installation.

More information can be found here:
    http://instructions.projectgla.com

Bikini Bar (Stand Alone Kit - For those who do not have a roll bar installed)

The Bikini Bar installs and breaks down quickly. Once the receivers are installed, it only takes a few seconds to install or remove.

The Bikini Bar is also the solution for those who have double-hoop roll bars such as the Boss Frog Double-hoop, the Bikini bar allows you to still use your existing roll bar, but at the same time run a G-String.

Standard G-String DIY Kit includes:

Black or Tan Vinyl Top with matching stitching
    2 - Standard Welded Chrome D-Rings for the rear mounting
    4 - Heavy Duty Webbing Straps
    1 - Blank Center Brace (needs to be shaped and fit to your particular car)
    2 - Plastic End Caps
    2 - Metal End Caps
    Misc. Hardware needed for installation.
    (Bikini Bag shown, but not included in the kit)

More information on our products can be found here:
    www.projectgla.com

Pricing:
    $295 - Standard G-String Kit (Black, Tan for NA, or Saddle for NB Vinyl)

Standard Vinyl Colors

G-String Upgrade Options:

add $110 - Stayfast Canvas Material - Some prefer it to the standard Vinyl (Black or Tan)
    add $15 - Colored Stitching - Many colors availble. Let us know what you want and we will see if we can make it happen.
    add $25 - Bikini Buckles - Adds a little Bling to the ends of your straps (Chrome)
    add $30 - Bikini Bag - Protect your investment when it's not in use (Black)
    add $140 - Bikini Bar - If you have a double-hoop roll bar or no roll bar at all (Gloss Black)

Shipping:
    For G-String Kit and any extras shipped at the same time - $30 ConUS / $60 International

Bikini Bar Purchases add $12 ConUS / $30 International

BONUS!!!
    For the first 5 paid orders (if we get that many) - The first wave of orders will be placed as soon as we reach 5.

EXTRA BONUS!!!
    We will also be including a free gift with the first 5 paid orders which will be announced as soon as the 5 spots are filled.
    This is really limited to 5.

Please keep in mind, we will be conducting this Group Buy on other forums as well, so the first 5 spots may not necessarily be on this list.

The Group Buy will close on Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Midnight PST.
    Please allow 3 weeks from the date we submit the order til the day we ship. Thank you.

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given

Please use the chart above to determine what size G-String to order.
    Project-G is NOT responsible if you fail to measure correctly. So please, measure twice, or even three times to make sure.

Please provide the following:
    Screen Name / Length / Color / Material / Extras

We will contact you via PM to complete your transaction.
    Thanks!

UPDATED MASTER LIST:

FIRST 5 PAID (Qualifies for Free Gift) Order to be placed when all 5 slots are filled.
    1. UmaMamoo / 29" / Black / Vinyl / No Extras - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    2. Hungry-R - (Unknown Length) / Black / Vinyl / No-Extras / Shipped to 14303 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    3. Jumbosrule - 30" / Black / Vinyl / red stitching / Shipped to 77096 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    4. Nicktorius - 29" / Black / Vinyl / No extras / Shipped to 98409 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    5. Tylert84- unknown length/ black/ vinly, picked up - Paid FREE GIFT!!!

Order will be placed Monday morning. Any additional paid orders before Monday morning will be submitted as well.

Here's a sneak peek at part of the free gift:

Order to be placed June 18, 2012:
    1. Boost_Creep / 29" / Tan / Vinyl / No extras - Pending
    2. Redcap / 28" Black / Vinyl / Extras: Buckles - Pending
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 06-17-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1992 Black & Tan
    Thanks Given
    Wow this is a really cool idea!! Time to get some cash saved up!

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Just bumping this since the group buy is closing tonight. Any last minute orders make sure you PM me. Thanks!

FIRST 5 PAID (Qualifies for Free Gift) Order to be placed when all 5 slots are filled.
    1. UmaMamoo / 29" / Black / Vinyl / No Extras - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    2. Hungry-R - (Unknown Length) / Black / Vinyl / No-Extras / Shipped to 14303 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    3. Jumbosrule - 30" / Black / Vinyl / red stitching / Shipped to 77096 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    4. Nicktorius - 29" / Black / Vinyl / No extras / Shipped to 98409 - Paid FREE GIFT!!!
    5. Tylert84- unknown length/ black/ vinly, picked up - Paid FREE GIFT!!!

Order will be placed Monday morning. Any additional paid orders before Monday morning will be submitted as well.

Order to be placed Monday, July 2, 2012:
    1. Boost_Creep / 29" / Tan / Vinyl / No extras - Pending
    2. Redcap / 29" Black / Vinyl / Extras: Buckles - Paid
    3. TwiztOG43 / 29" / NA Tan / Vinyl - Paid
    4. BMWidmer / Measurement Pending Black / Stayfast / Bikini Buckles, Bikini Bag - Paid
    5. Szabol (M.net) / 29" / Black / Vinyl / Bikini Bar and Bikini bag and RED Stitching - Paid[/B]
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 07-02-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    UPDATE:
    Due to the holiday this week, submitting our group buy order today or next Monday will not make a difference on the production time. So we have decided to close the group buy on Sunday, July 8, 2012. Sorry for the change. We did not expect our guy to be gone on vacation for the length of time he is.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Wow, what a lucky stroke for the guys trying to come up with the funds!

An extra week! Woohoo!

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Update:

As many of you may know, Project-G is a 2 man show for the time being. As of Monday, Joe is out of town for 2 weeks so we were already running thin here. Yesterday, I was hit with a family emergency and will be tending to that. I will be spending a lot of time at the hospital, but I will do my very best to keep things rolling. I am aware of upcoming ship dates and pending deals, and I will do my very best to make these all happen. However, I do foresee delays in these areas.

Parts - I will do what I can, when I can, but without being at the shop to physically check inventory I'm sure it will prove to be impossible to provide the level of service we strive for.

Please bear with me.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Project-G

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes and understanding. The PM's and emails were unexpected and very much appreciated. My bro is doing better and it looks like we are past the initial critical stage. I am working to get things back on track here, but really I'm mentally drained. If all goes as planned, I should be back on it in the next day or so.

Thanks again,
    Steve

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Great to hear man. I am glad that everything is looking up.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    That is great news Steve. You need to take a day or two to decompress.

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    UPDATE:

Just came back from our fabricator and we are on track for ship date of Friday, Aug. 3 2012 from our facility. Keep an eye our for tracking information.

Thanks!

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    UPDATE:

All orders have been shipped! If you are doing local pick-up, your G-String is here at the shop ready.

For those of you who had also ordered Bikini Buckles, we ran into a bit of a snag. We ended up having to cut more and find a new chromer. We should have them in our possession no later than Tueday morning. We are keeping our fingers crossed since this is the first time using this new company. Please bear with us.

We don't like to offer products before we have everything nailed down, but we know this is a highly desired piece for some of you, so we want them to be available as soon as we can get them to you. We didn't think the chrome process would be so touchy for us, but we do have high standards and our last batch just did not make the cut. Please keep in mind, we are not ok with putting out a product that does not meet our expectations. So be assured when we ship them, it is a product we will be proud to put our name on.

Thanks!