I bought this car in October of 2000.

This will be a sort of stream of conscience mixed with memories of the car through my ownership and I will post pictures I might find from the past years. Some are embarrassing, some are pretty neat. It may seem disjointed times, but this thread and subsequent posts will try to just show the events that influenced my reasons for what have done to my car.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pics from a computer crash back in '05. Some will be photos given to me from friends. I know I have them, but I don't know their location at the moment. I started looking for my Miata around April of '00. I was originally looking for a RWD coupe. I considered a 240sx, BMW 3 series, and a Subaru 2.5RS. I even looked at other classics, like a Datsun Fairlady for the 60’s. It was to be a second car; something I would put away in the winter months had recently relocated back to west Michigan. The Miata sort of popped into my head from a soon-to-be good friend met through a car club. He had a white '94 r-pack. I knew I wanted a LNC, mariner and I looked for months. Fortunately, one finally popped up in early October, owned by a young professional couple. He was a marketing executive, she was a surgeon, so I had a good feeling it was well cared for. It was sitting in the garage, collecting dust. He was about 6'8" and couldn't kit in the car. She couldn't take both boys with her in the Miata. It had 38,xxx miles on it, B-package with Mazdaspeed stripes. He had bought her a Porsche cabriolet "so the kids could fit in the back seat" as replacement. I nodded in agreement, but rolled my mind’s eye.

I took it home the next day and installed a Borla exhaust.

I drove to the beach the first day I owned it in October 2000: