No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Still looking fine after all these years

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

Bryan (04-23-2024),chiefmg (04-22-2024)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 530 Posts
    The new risers are thinner in cross-section than the factory ones. This meant my screws were a bit too long. This bothered me, so after checking on the size I had in there (M5 X 35) I headed to Ace to see if they had something I could use. I picked up a couple of choices, ended up using socket head cap screws in M5 X 30. I also removed the washer I used under the head of the old screws. This gave me a nice flush fit with the end of the nyloc nut, see picture:

I’m happier with this look, and there’s less chance of me cutting my hand while washing around the brackets.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Bryan (04-23-2024),HarryB (04-26-2024)

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,610 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    I’m happier with this look, and there’s less chance of me cutting my hand while washing around the brackets.
    The struggle is real there. I could see myself getting cut every time my hand went anywhere near the trunk knowing my luck
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

Thanks Given
    I can guarantee you would only do it once.

Got some good news today. Back on Saturday after getting home, I packaged up my supercharger to send off for overhaul. Went to the local UPS Store to ship it, only to find out their system was down. I was told this only affected them being able to accept credit for payment, which wasn’t an issue for me. I was also told it would be picked up on Monday so the tracking number wouldn’t go live until then. Fast forward to Monday and when I checked the number, I saw it said the package was delivered TO THE STORE that morning. After checking again the next morning I went back to the store to find out what was up. The manager got involved, I’ll spare the gory details but I was assured everything was ok and it was en route to the destination. This morning I checked again and saw the same notation, so back to the store I went. Turns out the system screw-up was such that they couldn’t fix the tracking but it was supposedly out for delivery. Finally this afternoon I heard from the rebuilder with confirmation they had gotten the package. I do hope this doesn’t happen again because I am not sure my nerves would handle it.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Welcome back Mike! Love the new look, and will take you up on the pictures. Let me know if you want us to send new hardware; we have sourced domed cap nuts and correct length bolts, as most OE hardware has seen better days for most buyers.

Thanks Given
    Thanks for the fastener offer Harry, I'm going to stick with what I have though, I bought all new stuff when I first bought the wing so it's only a few years old (and stainless). Sent you a message about the pictures.

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25656869707172737475