Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Here's some pictures. Supercharger as unpacked:

From there I had to install two mounting brackets and the throttle body before installing it. Here's the recoated rotors:

So pretty.

All the used parts were returned. The bearings were all rough to one degree or another, one of the front rotor bearings was about five minutes away from catastrophic failure:

I dodged a huge bullet with this one. Good thing I have all those years of training myself to listen for out of the ordinary noises etc.

While I was putting it all back together I also installed the Mazda 626 Fiamm horns I bought. They are basically the same as the ones I had installed but with only one wire connection (the ground is done through the mounting stud). As I noted before I will have to grind down some on the rear 949 subframe brace as I heard it rubbing on the exhaust. I do like the RB muffler, it's quieter than the Brainstorm I had and seems a bit throatier as well.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (04-12-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (04-10-2017),HarryB (04-06-2017),JamieH (04-12-2017),NCGreasemonkey (04-06-2017),Paul B (04-05-2017),tsingson (04-05-2017)