Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    I forgot to mention it, but the twined wires are to allow me to connect and enable sequential ignition. I need to do some research before heading down that road.

Reverant answered my query about the CEL. I had to connect to TunerStudio, open a new project and let the program detect the new firmware. TS didn't have the necessary updates to operate with the new firmware so that was downloaded. Once I had everything done I fired her up, and all was good. I drove to our local cars & coffee, there were quite a few folks there from the Facebook Miata group I am on so that was fun. Wasn't able to wash her beforehand due to temperature (I have no problem washing a car when it's cold out, but not that cold).

Got her washed this morning and took a drive on one of my favorite backroads this afternoon. Should be some good days this week to permit me to do some tuning.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (02-28-2016),NCGreasemonkey (02-28-2016),tsingson (02-29-2016)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Definitely going over my head. I'm used to HP Tuners and even then, not by much...

No todo que es oro brilla.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    You Ky. me NC. Maybe one day we can meet up at Deal's Gap for a cruise. Sure we can pull in a few more for the annual run.
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

Thanks Given
    It may be possible for me to make MATG this year. Should know if my schedule will permit it in the next month.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (03-09-2016),NCGreasemonkey (02-29-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Cool!
    ... Rick

Thanks Given
    Well, no MATG for me this year. I'll be back at work the week before.

I see I didn't post it in here, but right before I went back to work in March I noticed that the AFR in TunerStudio wasn't changing from 14.7. Wrote to Reverant and asked about it, turned out when he is testing the units he puts the EGO setting to a remote input. I had to switch it to local, unfortunately I didn't get his answer until I was at work.

Got home yesterday, this morning I went out and performed that change to the MS settings, success! Took her out for a spin despite the threat of rain (which became real), did some tuning and went to storage to swap over to my Flatouts w/Rivals. I'm hoping the next few days clear some so I can get out and do more tuning.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-05-2016),tsingson (05-06-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Sorry about the MATG. But happy to hear on the tune!

Again, thanks for all the sacrifice you give in silence for the rest of us to go on in a normal life!

Hope you are on break and gonna fill us in with some tales of pros and cons now. You are a good read when you are home for an extended.
    ... Rick

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-06-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Sorry about the MATG. But happy to hear on the tune!

Again, thanks for all the sacrifice you give in silence for the rest of us to go on in a normal life!

Hope you are on break and gonna fill us in with some tales of pros and cons now. You are a good read when you are home for an extended.
    I appreciate your sentiment, but I think you may have the wrong idea about what I do. I'm not military.

Washed her dirty butt yesterday morning. Today I ran some errands around town, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood so of course the top was down. It feels a lot easier to spin up the rears than I remember, fun times until a representative of officialdom takes exception to it. I have some pop-rivets coming in so I can go about swapping out the dash to get rid of that hole that bugs me.

Thanks Given
    Picked up another set of Flatouts today from a local guy. They are silver and are going to replace the bronze Lightspeeds that are currently what the car wears when I'm gone. The wife will be very happy about this (these are a surprise for her), she hated the bronze.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

tsingson (05-16-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    she hated the bronze.
    She married you, so we know her tastes are questionable, at best!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-09-2016),NCGreasemonkey (05-10-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    She married you, so we know her tastes are questionable, at best!
    Shouldn't you be working?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (05-09-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Thanks Given
    With all the rain we've been getting here I haven't been able to drive and tune, so decided I would accomplish something else today. I swapped out the dash (the lower, parchment colored part) for the one I bought a few months ago. As a reminder, this was to get rid of a hole a previous owner drilled to mount a cupholder that I no longer use. It wasn't horrible, I took the time while it was all out to tie up some of the wires under the dash. It appeared that the antenna wire orientation had been changed around (this always caused me problems when pulling the radio as the wire was too tight) so I moved that so it was routed better. Also vacuumed under the seats, if you haven't done that for yours I would recommend it. You would be surprised how much crap ends up underneath, even if you try vacuuming from the front and rear of the seats you can't get it all.

Couple of hints when removing a NB dash. Go ahead and pull the steering wheel, the shifter and the e-brake handle. This makes life a lot easier. You can leave the passenger airbag bolted in place, it will come out with the dash. Remove the screws holding the fuse panel in place and move it out of the way. There are two big square electrical connectors (one black, one white) that need to be disconnected on the driver's side, and three on the passenger side (including the one for that airbag). You also need to disconnect the antenna cable, there is a short piece that goes from the radio to the cable from the antenna where it comes up by the shifter. I didn't take any pictures of this but I can write something up if anyone thinks it would be helpful.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-10-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Just to clarify Chief. I know you are not military. But I do understand the sacrifice you and your family endure so us land lovers can stay comfy and have the products we desire. IIRC you were on a ship with LNG a while back. How many meals did that cook and homes did it heat. We sit back and have things brought to our door and you are the courier. Cheers for all you do and the perils you may face on those open waters. Safe passage my friend!
    ... Rick

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (05-11-2016),Demon I Am (05-11-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Just to clarify Chief. I know you are not military. But I do understand the sacrifice you and your family endure so us land lovers can stay comfy and have the products we desire. IIRC you were on a ship with LNG a while back. How many meals did that cook and homes did it heat. We sit back and have things brought to our door and you are the courier. Cheers for all you do and the perils you may face on those open waters. Safe passage my friend!
    Gotcha. I just didn't want to receive credit for something I'm not. At the end of the day with our global economy, what everyone does is important. We all make sacrifices, you tend to accept what goes with the territory of your line of work and don't see it as such.

Finally got to break her free of the garage today. I've been occasionally getting a CEL while driving (with the MS the way Reverant has it set up, that usually indicates something), when the car is shut off and restarted it goes away. Rev asked me to get a datalog when it appears if I can. Of course when I was running an errand without my laptop in the car it came on. When I went out later to do some tuning it never showed up. I took a datalog anyway and sent it off, hopefully something will come of it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-11-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Thanks Given
    No joy from the datalog as nothing looked wrong.

Finally got around to getting my rear top trim correct. I noticed after I replaced the top that I would get a few water droplets in the trunk after washing her. After researching and seeing how mine was I figured out that I hadn't pulled the rubber on the rear trim over the rain rail. So today I pulled the rear carpet out, removed the retainers and then from the outside pulled the rubber flap over the rain rail. Then it was just a matter of putting it all back together. There wasn't really enough room for me to get a picture, if you are changing a top then take a look at the black trim around where the top attaches and you will see what I am talking about.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (05-14-2016),tsingson (05-16-2016)

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast