Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 527 Posts
    I put the mounts on the wing. Put it all in place temporarily because I was waiting on my new Allen head screws to come in.

Moved to the front of the car. I couldn't find my radiator lower brackets in my storage this morning, looked around the garage again with no success. Looked in my storage one more time and came up dry. Discovered I apparently need to have my eyes checked because they finally turned up sitting on my workbench underneath some stuff I hadn't moved earlier. Got those swapped out, installed and then filled the radiator.

Brought the front bumper and lip inside, my wife said something about this and I told her I needed to do it that way so things didn't get scratched up. This earned me a wifely look. Put the lip on the bumper, then put on my HD lip. Note that they no longer carry the type that I like, I found some of it at Lowe's instead (Frost King garage door seal). Bumper went back on and I buttoned up all the remaining little items (including the license plate light I picked up on one of my trips to storage).

The mail arrived and I got my new fasteners. I went from the standard hex bolts with lock washers that came with the wing, to Allen socket button head screws with nyloc nuts.

For me it's a much cleaner look, and it's easier to deal with just the nuts instead of a lock washer.

And now, since I know everyone has been waiting for it, some pictures of the finished product:

Last edited by chiefmg; 10-13-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-14-2016),benpopham (10-14-2016),Demon I Am (10-13-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (10-14-2016),HarryB (10-14-2016),JamieH (10-22-2016),NCGreasemonkey (10-13-2016),tsingson (10-14-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    Love it!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-16-2016),chiefmg (10-13-2016)

Thanks Given
    Now I just need to balance the JDM-ness of the rear with something on the front. A certain someone's hood is calling to me...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (10-14-2016),NCGreasemonkey (10-13-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift NCGreasemonkey's Avatar
    Drives
    '95 NA NA8 w/small tweeks
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 859 Posts
    Hide the hood well Tony!

Beautiful work! The first post pics. didn't show for me. But the install and add-on's did. You are going to need off-shore time to recoup.

Props!
    ... Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    ...and don't be like an NCGreasemonkey.
    For the thread on Noir click below
    http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....e-light-Slowly

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCGreasemonkey For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (10-14-2016),Demon I Am (10-14-2016)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    I was thinking that gold would have looked better on those posts, but the ceramic looks perfect!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Demon I Am For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (10-14-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Hide the hood well Tony!

Beautiful work! The first post pics. didn't show for me. But the install and add-on's did. You are going to need off-shore time to recoup.

Props!
    If you got a proper computer you would be able to see those pictures. I don't expect too much out of someone from NC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    I was thinking that gold would have looked better on those posts, but the ceramic looks perfect!
    It took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. I never really considered painting them any color other than what they were from the factory. I think it gives the right amount of separation between the wing and the trunk lid.

The Feal top hats showed up today. I considered installing them, but won't have enough time for a shake-down run before tomorrow's local Miata cruise. Spent today washing, waxing and cleaning the interior up. I tried removing the double-sided tape from my trunk storage container but it's on there pretty good, so that will wait for another time.
    Last edited by chiefmg; 10-14-2016 at 05:34 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

NCGreasemonkey (10-14-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    My computer has the best anti-hijacking add in the world. An Abacus for password.

And like Tony I was wondering about gold. But the risers in ceramic are the balance with the outer rims. And yang to the rear turns and front markers. You just need to find you a wee bit more JDM. Hey, you run her butt off, right! Find you a set of Rouku Rob tow hooks in yellow front and red rear.

Looking good!
    ... Rick

Thanks Given
    I actually have a set of Ryoku Rob tow hooks front and rear in red. I removed the rear one when I first got home just because I was always hitting my shin on it. If I make it to another track day I'll put it back on. I will never have yellow on this car, when I bought it the calipers were painted yellow and there was a yellow hose kit under the hood (take a look at post 13). Hideous.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Type 2 rear? Curious as you bang the shin. (Whistle to Chad / GM2K) I have the type ones and they tuck well. Why yes, non-hijacking pics. we have Sir..

Just like the orange/yellow matching the front markers and the red with the rears.
    ... Rick

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    MS spoiler looks fantastic, congrats Mike! Still jelly of the gold spoke flatouts!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGreasemonkey View Post
    Type 2 rear? Curious as you bang the shin. (Whistle to Chad / GM2K) I have the type ones and they tuck well. Why yes, non-hijacking pics. we have Sir..
    Just like the orange/yellow matching the front markers and the red with the rears.
    The NB rear mounts differently from the NA. This picture shows how it sits:

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    MS spoiler looks fantastic, congrats Mike! Still jelly of the gold spoke flatouts!
    Thanks. I'm pretty fond of them myself. The silver ones look kind of blah in comparison but the wife is happy (as am I since I don't have to worry about her curbing my special ones).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Drives
    Thanks Given
    If you get a chance, I know you are busy, shoot a picture of your rear mounting point for the Rouku. I'm curious just how different that rear section is.

I altered my mount because of a hidden hitch that is not a Hard Dog. But that will change to a Hard Dog sometime as their unit is frame connector and hidden hitch. Whereas my PO installed a 'style-bar' rated hidden hitch. I got a slinky in my rear (style bar type hitch).

Thanks,
    Last edited by NCGreasemonkey; 10-15-2016 at 12:58 AM.
    ... Rick

Thanks Given
    I had to pull out of the cruise yesterday. As I was getting off the freeway to the Columbus meeting point she died with no warning. The AFR gauge had started displaying E9 just prior to this (which I found out after I got home is low power supplied error), otherwise nothing else gave an indication it was about to do that. Got safely off the road and tried restarting but only got a clicking from the starter. Sent my son across to the group and one of the guys came over with jumper cables. That got her started but since I couldn't find anything that might have caused this I decided it wasn't safe for me to go. Thankfully I made it home with no problems. The battery has started the car several times since with no hesitation so it appears both it and the alternator are fine. I'm going to dig through the car and check all my chassis grounds to see if that might be the problem.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Ugh electrical problems are the worse! Hopefully something simple...
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

chiefmg (10-17-2016)

Thanks Given
    I've been looking through my Tuner Studio settings to see if I could find anything wrong. Decided I would go ahead and recalibrate my TPS, IAT and check my AFR table to make sure it was showing the correct wideband sensor. TPS calibration was off for some reason. Went for a drive after that and my idle was down where it should be. Well, except for when it went into idle droop. I'll have to work on that.

Yesterday I got around to removing the adhesive foam on the bottom of my trunk storage piece. Here is how it looked beforehand:

I got most of it off using a single edge razor blade. Sat down today to remove the rest, I tried some acetone but that didn't work as well as it has on other surfaces so I broke out the 3M specialty adhesive remover I have. Using that to soften it up and then rubbing with a thumb I got it looking pretty good after a final cleaning with denatured alcohol:

I used some industrial strength Velcro to put it back in place, figure that will be easier to remove in the future:

That's back in place and feels like it will stay in place pretty well.

I didn't get around to putting the Feal top hats on yet, maybe tomorrow.

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637383942 ... LastLast