Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Just a few notes, I've been buying some small items. A set of RB front sway bar reinforcement blocks (thanks YY), a set of revlimiter's new satin black vent rings (to replace my gloss black ones), and a used TopLoc. I had considered a TopLoc in the past but the Spec Miata plates were cheaper/stronger. However, having my wife put the top on one time while I was gone made me realize that I needed an easy way for her to secure it if she used it in the future.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    You bet! The blocks are a little bit of a hassle to install but worth it.

Thanks Given
    Bought these the other day:

Good thing is they are coming from overseas and won't get there until right after I do. One less thing for the wife to have to deal with.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Idling - Listen to it purr... Massiah's Avatar
    Drives
    Black '94R, Red '99 Base
    Thanks Given
    Haven't seen this listed in your thread but is that a Brainstorm dual muffler? If so you're literally the only other person I've seen with it. Anyway, nice thread! Read through a bunch of it.
    Black '94 R Package, Red '99 Base, NFR '04 S2k

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Massiah View Post
    Haven't seen this listed in your thread but is that a Brainstorm dual muffler? If so you're literally the only other person I've seen with it. Anyway, nice thread! Read through a bunch of it.
    Good eye! Yes, it's a Brainstorm dual muffler, it was on the car when I bought it. It's off at the moment, I picked up a FM 2.5" cat back dual setup. Right now I only have that muffler installed due to issues getting the slip joint for the pipe that connects the midpipe to the muffler together enough to mate up. I'll probably play around with the mufflers once I have it all together as I understand the FM system is a bit loud with a supercharger. Of course I have some hearing loss so I might like it (the wife might not, but then again she likes a loud exhaust). I mainly want to avoid any sort of droning as that gets old quickly for me.

Thanks Given
    Had some time tonight (and I was a little bored) so read back through this with an eye towards correcting any grammar/spelling mistakes. Unfortunately it seems there is some sort of time cut-off after which you can't edit a post. So my apologies to all for the errors previous to this. As I will be updating this from now on in real time, the awkward phrasing I sometimes used shouldn't be an issue. As for any spelling failures, I'll do my best and blame any problems on my eyesight!

Thanks Given
    Bought a set of Konig Flatout wheels, 15 X 8 +25. You're going to have to wait to see the color until I mount them and post a picture. I'm about a month away from home so it will be just a wee bit longer than that.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Where did those seats come from? I have never seen those.

Thanks Given
    According to the seller they came out of a Toyota AE86. They are old school Recaros (by that I mean '80s vintage), model is LX-C. They were all the rage when my RX-7 was new and I always lusted after a set. Got a set for the 7 last year, that was my first time of sitting in them and man are they comfortable. I've been going back and forth with what I wanted to put in the Miata, these were a consideration and when this set came up I decided to try to get them. I'm getting them installed by hook or by crook! If they do fit plan is to get them recovered to match the car.

Here's a nice little bit of info on Recaro designations: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B__c...it?hl=en&pli=1

Thanks Given
    Bought a set of the factory hard top side strikers, that was all I needed in order to use the TopLoc (my hard top came with the side latches). I'm going to be headed home in 10 days or so, there will be some actual work posted in here for a change!

Thanks Given
    Got in town Sunday, but didn't get home home until yesterday. The wife and I usually go to a B&B my first night home for a little us time.

Once I got settled in (greeting kids and pets) I started the great hunt. This is where I go through the house looking for where my wife has put all the things I bought while I was gone. Once upon a time she would make big piles which was great, now they just go wherever. So I get to have an Easter egg hunt for my Christmas presents (or so I tell myself). Finally found it all, so the installations can begin.

Up early this morning (thanks jet lag) so I cleaned up the valve cover I bought just before leaving last time to get it ready for powder coating. Pulled the dash vents, removed the gloss black RL rings and put the new satin ones on. Hardest part of that whole job was cleaning the silicone residue off the vents themselves. I have to run some errands today, going to get a set of BFG Rivals ordered along with some parts from the dealer. Also need to swing by Ace to get some socket head cap screws for my new coolant reroute thermostat spacer. I'll be making a gasket for it here shortly, picture to come later as I doubt there are many of you who have seen this one.

Thanks Given
    Here's the thermostat spacer:

Mounts to the back of the head, but the thermostat is accessible from the side which will make life a whole lot easier. With this, I can mount it to the head before I bolt that in place and not have to worry if I got things tight enough not to leak. As pretty as it is I am probably going to paint it just to provide some protection.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    As it turns out, you can only buy the Rivals from Tire Rack. Went to my local dealer and when they called their distributor that is what they were told. Those are ordered for direct delivery to the dealer. Sucks because it is a great place and I wanted to give them the money directly.

Thanks Given
    Put the dash vents back in, I really like the way the satin black looks. They'll be staying in. I used clear silicone on the first set and found a couple that weren't being held at all points. I used black automotive silicone for the new ones, after setting up for a day they all seem firm. Tires should be delivered to the local shop today.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    No pics, chief?

Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast