Thread: FS 99 10AE Track Ready Car (TTE/TTD)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch pmhaddad's Avatar
    Drives
    10AE
    Thanks Given

FS 99 10AE Track Ready Car (TTE/TTD)

I’ve had this car since July 2011. I am the second owner. I’m selling because I just bought a 125CC Shifter Kart and I can’t afford to do TT/HPDE with the Miata, ChumpCar, and Karting – so its gotta go. I’ve done ~15 track days with this car, and its taught me a ton about competitive driving. I’m really going to miss it.
    In April 2012 the #4 crankshaft thrust bearing #4 failed during a track day at Sebring (see: http://www.miata.net/solo/99miatathr...ngfailure.html). I purchased a complete ’99 longblock with 149,000 on the clock from Tom Neel at Parts Group and had Mike at ISC Racing in Winter Haven install it and replace all the seals and other items (listed below).
    There is a lot to list here, and I may have missed some stuff, but this should cover most of it. I’m asking $8500 OBO - $8000 OBO without the top, and would like to sell everything at once, but would consider selling the hardtop separately only if the potential purchasor isn't interested!!. I would also consider trades plus cash for a early 2000s or late 90s Chevy 1500/2500 or Ford F150.
    This would make an excellent TTE/TTD car, HPDE car, or SM/PTE/PTD donor. Totally track ready, but it and get out on track!
    Title in hand. Very motivated seller, I need this thing gone!

Details:

10AE #3891. Has a hardtop that was recently painted the same color as the body. Hardtop is in excellent condition.

79,000 miles on chassis. Body is in pretty good shape, has some clearcoat fade and some small scratches and dings. Better than par for the course for a track car.

155,000 miles on motor. I can’t prove this, but it looks like it has a rebuilt head. In any case, its been well maintained and is very clean. Runs great. I’ve got 4 track days on the new motor.
    I have all receipts and other documentation from the install by ISC Racing. At the time of the swap they did front main, rear main, trans, and cam seals as well as a timing belt, waterpump, clutch, throwout bearing.

Still has AC, blows cold!

T6 used after every track day, doesn’t burn or leak any oil.

Brakes bled with RBF600 after every track day.

Motorcraft Trans fluid with trans seal. Motorcraft also used in diff. Both fluids have less than 6000 miles since last change.

Clutch master and slave replace at 75,000 miles.

Rear O2 replaced 3000 miles ago.

Shifter rebuild about 2000 miles ago.

Modification Details:

15x8 6UL black. Perfect condition, no stratches or dings.

225/45-15 Hankook RS3s. These have at least 3 track weeks left on them, maybe more depending on the track and how you drive of course. My estimate comes from how I drive at Sebring.

10AE Bilstiens with Ground Control coilover sleeves and 550/350
    Eibach springs. FCM Bumpstops. Very similar to the Mazdaspeed SM suspension package, just fit my budget better at the time. Ride height is 12” front, 12.25” rear.

FM FSB/RSB. 949 Racing adjustable endlinks.

Carbotech XP8 pads and blank rotors. XP8s have only one track day on them! Again, bled with RBF600.

Raceland header. GWR Roadstersport3 midpipe and muffler. Good midrange pickup.

Mishimoto 55mm radiator installed less than 1000 miles ago.
    80/20 distilled water to coolant ratio. OEM thermostat.

HardDog Hardcore M2 Hardtop with padding and cover. Professionally installed. Has a few minor scratches.

Kirkey 41500 series seats with covers.

GForce Pro 3” 5 point latch and link harnesses.

Voodoo black gloss shifter knob.

All sound deading material removed. Carpet in place, and in decent condition. Some fading on driver’s side footwell.

Trunk completely gutted.

Fog lights removed, but I still have them, so you can pop them back in if you want. I was prepping for a TSE brake duct kit.

I think those all the major mods. There may be some other stuff that I will add to this after going through some more receipts. I have documentation for everything.

The bad:

The front O2 needs to be replaced. I have a sensor, I just have had time to replace it yet. Will most likely do before sale, or will give sensor to purchaser.

Have had some issues with the P0420 code, but I haven’t been able to troubleshoot completely. Has to do with the high flow cat in the midpipe I believe. Does not effect milage or how the car runs, so it was very low on the priority list.

Car does idle a bit rough when cold, but I believe this is due to the front O2, the intake and throttle body are probably due for a cleaning as well.

Spares:

I have some spares – this may not be a full list.

10AE seats, in very good condition

Stock springs

Blank rotors

OEM Tanneu cover, excellent condition

Spare tire

All of the sound deadening material I took out and all the trunk bits and pieces including the OEM jack.

Fog lights with brackets

OEM sway bars

OEM NB Radiator.

PM me, email me at pmhaddad at mtu dot edu or call me at 906 370 eight five four six (after 5 please). Email/PM I can easily answer throughout the day. If I don’t answer a call its because
    I’m at work, leave a message!

This thread of course is useless without pics. Here are a few. I’ll update with pics of how the car sits in the next day or two. NOTE: The hardtop color does match the car (there are a couple pics that illustrate that).

TLD;DR: Track ready NB $8500 OBO, $8000OBO without hardtop.. Purchasor gets first dibs on top.

Thanks for looking! If interested, I can email as many pics as you want, I have many.
    Phil

10AE #3189 - "The Clean Track Rat"

15x8 6UL. RS3s. Raceland Header. R3 Midpipe. Comp mounts. HDHCM2HT. HP+ F/R.

Build Thread: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....D-build-thread

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Dude! So yer leaving the Miata community? We'll miss ya!

Allow me to suggest that to get the most amount of $$$ for your car, go ahead and replace the O2 sensor/clean the throttle body. Seriously. The fewer Q's you have to answer, the more mullah you'd get!

GLWS!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    10AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Dude! So yer leaving the Miata community? We'll miss ya!

Allow me to suggest that to get the most amount of $$$ for your car, go ahead and replace the O2 sensor/clean the throttle body. Seriously. The fewer Q's you have to answer, the more mullah you'd get!

GLWS!
    Thanks. Yeah, it depends on how fast the car sells really. I wouldn't be able to do the O2 for a couple of weeks due to my testing schedule with the kart. Probably not out of Miatas forever, I'll be running a 96 with a team in Chumpcar this year. Right now I just want to spend more money actually racing, vs. prepping a car and waiting 1-2 months between events. With karting I'll be out there every weekend, testing or racing. The good thing is I'll still be getting big track W2W experience with Chumpcar too, so its really much more focused on racing. I'll still miss my baby though.

Trying to be more fiscally responsible as we are trying to move into a house as well, so right now the Miata doesn't really fit in. I'd get another one down the road though, maybe after I have my Elise
    Phil

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Damn, will miss you at the local meets bro............. free Bump

Drives
    10AE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Damn, will miss you at the local meets bro............. free Bump
    haha thanks man. I'll still come out every once in a while and harass you guys. I think at some point you should all come out and support a fellow Miata guy racing! ARP isn't very far from Tampa and after I do my big boy race we can do a rental session with the slow karts and have some fun ;)
    Phil

Drives
    10AE
    Thanks Given
    Just put the car on CL. Asking $7500.
    Phil