Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSM gurus, report to this thread, ........ Please :) brain teaser inside

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! ZQQMIN's Avatar
    Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bigx5murf View Post
    There's also a bluetooth dongle now that lets you use a version of megalog for android. gayphones need not apply
    that's cool.... Ill havta check that out... I've pm'd over on miata turbo. Gonna find out something soon... I hope.
    2004 Production #73 of 4000. 29Y- titanium gray metallic MSM, "Yes.... that means its boosted" "Yes, its my daily" "No,... You cant drive it" .. Now, with all that out the way...... Top Down, ZQQMIN down the road!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    VR 2004 MSM
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by ZQQMIN View Post
    that's cool.... Ill havta check that out... I've pm'd over on miata turbo. Gonna find out something soon... I hope.
    Check diy auto tune for the bt dongle.

Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    check diy auto tune for the bt dongle.
    where is the best place to locate ? Another thread ? Or website ? Google play ?
    2004 Production #73 of 4000. 29Y- titanium gray metallic MSM, "Yes.... that means its boosted" "Yes, its my daily" "No,... You cant drive it" .. Now, with all that out the way...... Top Down, ZQQMIN down the road!

Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    remember in the first post i said and i QUOTE "BUT , here more recent.. the reason for finally just sitting here and typing this all out is due to whats also going on now in conjunction with the bog down issue. just to be clear .. ( both these problems happen no matter whether cold or operating temps)

now, to the issue: if sitting still it idles fine, but once clutch is depressed ( still idling normal) once placed into gear , ANY gear 1-6 or R. it revs up approx 400 rpm all by itself,

if you go back to N, idle comes back down.
    ." WELL... Now ... Yes it still does that BUT.. i noticed if i have the clutch depressed and put it in gear it will rise the approximate 400rpm but then drop to 1000, then rise , then drop, about a second in between.. until you place it back in neutral. i cleaned the the bog solenoid, it was clean , but i went ahead and did the "service" to that along with throttle body cleaned and the maf cleaned. nothin changed other than the rpms at idle are now at 1000 all the time and the idle screw is set as low as it can go. while under the hood i was wanting to see if i could actually hear the BOV... guess what ... NO, its like it doesnt work at all , what i thought was the blow off valve is the ever popular turbo flutter.. its a genuine HKS unit. and seems to open if u press within the center, BUT i havent pulled it apart to see if the diaphragm is torn etc. SO . this makes me wonder do i have a vacuum leak ? i checked, there IS vac pressure but i dont know how much , or how much it SHOULD be . However i DO know its a dedicated line from the intake manifold. im wondering now, if it has ever worked properly since ive had it. i havent driven it much or had the time or weather to fully go over it until now... and now i want to drive it.. but i want to get it right first.. i took video BUT you cant hear it to "see" when i place in gear and the revs rise then out of gear and the revs fall. i have a new HKS sequential BOV on the way . hopefully that will fix ONE issue but im still at a loss for the others... sighs.... Im hoping to be sporting a Mega Squirt soon along with a few other goodies.. just the time... ugh . thanks in advance for listening and the advice .. 5am comes early , so nite all !

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    VR 2004 MSM
    Thanks Given
    where is the best place to locate ? Another thread ? Or website ? Google play ?
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, seems I remembered wrong, and the dongle isn't available at diy auto tune, but rather at efi analytic.

http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/cablesandbluetooth

Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    Sorry for taking so long to reply, seems I remembered wrong, and the dongle isn't available at diy auto tune, but rather at efi analytic.

http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/cablesandbluetooth
    oH ITS ALL GOOD, I appreciate you gettin back to me... thanks !!!

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    05' MSM
    Thanks Given
    you should idle around 30-40 kpa for reference

Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    you should idle around 30-40 kpa for reference
    so at idle i should have 30-40 kpa vacuum pressure. or the psi equivalent of 4.35-5.80psi? what SHOULD the idle SPEED be ? _____ RPM ?

Drives
    Titanium MSM
    Thanks Given
    remember in the first post i said and i QUOTE "BUT , here more recent.. the reason for finally just sitting here and typing this all out is due to whats also going on now in conjunction with the bog down issue. just to be clear .. ( both these problems happen no matter whether cold or operating temps)

now, to the issue: if sitting still it idles fine, but once clutch is depressed ( still idling normal) once placed into gear , ANY gear 1-6 or R. it revs up approx 400 rpm all by itself,

if you go back to N, idle comes back down.
    ." WELL... Now ... Yes it still does that BUT.. i noticed if i have the clutch depressed and put it in gear it will rise the approximate 400rpm but then drop to 1000, then rise , then drop, about a second in between.. until you place it back in neutral. i cleaned the the bog solenoid, it was clean , but i went ahead and did the "service" to that along with throttle body cleaned and the maf cleaned. nothin changed other than the rpms at idle are now at 1000 all the time and the idle screw is set as low as it can go. while under the hood i was wanting to see if i could actually hear the BOV... guess what ... NO, its like it doesnt work at all , what i thought was the blow off valve is the ever popular turbo flutter.. its a genuine HKS unit. and seems to open if u press within the center, BUT i havent pulled it apart to see if the diaphragm is torn etc. SO . this makes me wonder do i have a vacuum leak ? i checked, there IS vac pressure but i dont know how much , or how much it SHOULD be . However i DO know its a dedicated line from the intake manifold. im wondering now, if it has ever worked properly since ive had it. i havent driven it much or had the time or weather to fully go over it until now... and now i want to drive it.. but i want to get it right first.. i took video BUT you cant hear it to "see" when i place in gear and the revs rise then out of gear and the revs fall. i have a new HKS sequential BOV on the way . hopefully that will fix ONE issue but im still at a loss for the others...

UPDATE......got the new authentic hks BOV, and still same ole crap! This type of issue is either bound to have happen to someone else, or is right up someones alley for trouble shooting... Please help, or maybe someone knows someone knowledgeable in my area.. That can help... Thanks !

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    a Mazdaspeed Mx-5
    Thanks Given
    LOL This thread made me chuckle... OP is a newb.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,354 Posts
    We were all newbs at one time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123