A friend of mine is developing a fastback for his car. It's something he's wanted for ages and can't find anything on the market that he likes ... so he's making one himself!! It's obviously a huge undertaking, and as he's got more into it I think he's realised just how difficult it is ... especially how to deal with the boot entry and the fuel filler cap / aerial. He's been working on it for a year or so, and decided to get it sprayed so he can see how it looks ... it's hard to see the lines when the top is multi coloured and the car is a normal colour! He's asked for some feedback and thoughts on how it's looking so far, so I thought I'd see what you guys think.

I'll add some more close ups and maybe a video walk around, I love the overall shape but think I'd personally prefer the sides to be straight and would just live without the filler cap (can be relocated to the boot) and the aerial (don't have a radio). Andrew has added the scallops to allow it to be lifted on and off without having to change or move anything ... so fitting it takes the same time as a normal hard top. Very clever but I'm not sure if the shape works.

I would also prefer the side quarter windows to follow the lines of the car more. They are a quirky bubble window that's a shape the fabricator already had but I'm not sure they work for me. Very easy to change though!

Any thoughts / opinions welcome, it's not finished yet so would be good to get some feedback on it

Russell.