Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modifying rut. Want more fun. Ideas?

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    10AE
    Thanks Given
    If you're worried about bonking your head on the rollbar you could always go with a Hard Dog Ace. Sits much further back and doesn't interfere with seat belts (i.e. good for street use). Not as high of a bar of course but it still gives you some protection and the added chassis rigidity.

I'll also second FM frame rails, these will make a difference even on an 01+ NB with sport bracing.

Idling - Listen to it purr... 786's Avatar
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    If the car is where you want it and you're happy with it I'd look at the next project.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch SteelReign's Avatar
    Drives
    04 Steel
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, it looks like there's still plenty I can do...although I'm still on the fence about roll bars.

I did order a real heavy shift knob recently and expect it in the mail soon. 600 gram twm!

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Clay bar. That should hold you for a while.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given
    I'm probably one of the last ones to talk to regarding cheap/easy feel-fast mods, but it seems to me that one route you might consider is adding lightness, i.e., reducing weight in the car, particularly un-sprung weight, as that will directly impact feel. Since you're not hung up on wider rubber, go for the lightest 14 or 15" wheels you can, and match them with sticky but light rubber. Wilwood BBKs (make sure they work with your wheel of choice) are lighter than stock. V8Roadster control arms are lighter than stock. Your OEM header/exhaust isn't bad, but lighter can be had. Racing buckets are lighter than OEM seats. NA dash with center delete is lighter, too. Lightness gets spendy, quickly, though, or fairly Spartan, as in removal of interior bits. Anyway, making the car as light as possible will definitely increase the zoom zoom factor. You might also consider seam-welding to increase chassis stiffness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12