Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Kimochi Cruiser Journal

LIKE THIS THREAD!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone artcentermiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver Fastback NB / Blue NA
    Thanks Given
    As She Sits

Well, I haven't made any progress- But what I know for sure is the entire front end body (bumper, hood, fenders, flares) are done as well for the intercooler and my ducting system.

Aside from a slightly cocked wheel, I think the chassis is just fine- I will take it in to be inspected some time in the future, but for now she will just have to sit; I will be graduating soon and I am currently working with Hotwheels design studio so time has definitely become short for me.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artcentermiata For This Useful Post:

RuckkehrMiata (01-24-2016),RustRat (01-24-2016),tsingson (01-24-2016)

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by artcentermiata View Post
    As She Sits

Well, I haven't made any progress- But what I know for sure is the entire front end body (bumper, hood, fenders, flares) are done as well for the intercooler and my ducting system.

Aside from a slightly cocked wheel, I think the chassis is just fine- I will take it in to be inspected some time in the future, but for now she will just have to sit; I will be graduating soon and I am currently working with Hotwheels design studio so time has definitely become short for me.

I want her to be back to normal ;____;
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RuckkehrMiata For This Useful Post:

tsingson (01-24-2016)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Its Been a Time

Well, My internship has been fruitful- and now i am beginning my final term at Art Center. I really haven't made much progress in repairing, but i have at least obtained a new OEM bumper and replacement front fenders (luckily i had a spare set of flares). Im not entirely sure what ill be doing for a lip yet.

KINOD at Grange Motor-Circuit

Before i set in to making alterations to the car- I had planned a KINOD only track day at Grange for my Father who had been visiting at them time. Nothing serious, just pure fun! We had grip and drift sessions- but near the end of the day, we were just going on and off track as we pleased.

My day was cut short after an alternator failure- luckily i got a few sessions in with my Father and friends.

Beginnings of Ridiculous

What began as a silly quick Photoshop, led to reality- I've been toying with the idea of a Long Tail for a while. Blackbird Fabworx agreed to help me using the same design as his Creampuff build- in which i will alter a few aspect to fit my fastback (including remolding the trunk).

It shall be a lengthy endeavor- but i will be moving this car into LM territory over time.

We gave Moti's a quick test fit to my car and i could see the vision working- in due time. I will be going wingless for my build- despite how well it would function. I will be paint matching the tail to the rest of the vehicle, i would like this to stay out of the realm of "Race Livery".

Other Matters

Began to clean up the front of the car in prep to remount the new fenders after paint- While down in the area, i added a set of Garagestar Fender Braces. While i have not tested them- i cant wait to feel the change.

Cleaned the bay a bit.

Even trimmed the rear bumper sides to allow the tail to fit overtop- so i can retain the GVs and mounts

This is all for now- It looks like ill be missing Miatas Race Laguna Seca because of schooling, but soon again she will have her glory!

Thanks for always staying tuned!

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to artcentermiata For This Useful Post:

Dave737 (09-25-2016),Demon I Am (09-25-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (09-25-2016),HarryB (09-26-2016),MiataQuest (09-25-2016),NCGreasemonkey (09-25-2016),oldgrayleather (09-26-2016),Paul B (09-25-2016),RuckkehrMiata (09-25-2016),RustRat (09-25-2016),tsingson (09-25-2016),ueru (09-25-2016)

Supporting Member oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the update Jeremy. Nice reminder that I'm behind and that outside KINOD, it's always worthwhile sharing what we're up to on MR.net!!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Looks like Photobucket ruined my build thread... Sorry guys, but i really have no enthusiasm to start over AGAIN...

Join me on Instagram for now, until i finally care enough to rebuild a thread...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artcentermiata For This Useful Post:

etikoner (07-17-2017),Paul B (07-15-2017)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789