2016 Ceramic Metallic ND
    Thanks Given
    Any updates on this or the Laguna? Oops, I spilled the beans

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Just wanted to say your car is fantastic. I remember your feature on Speedhunters but never went through your build thread until now.

You manage to pull off each change very well. Looking forward to what you have in store.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! pnoy1duh's Avatar
    Drives
    HSM 00
    Thanks Given
    found these on IG

very cool

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pnoy1duh For This Useful Post:

Paul B (06-27-2015)

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Kimochi Cruiser is going defunct
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! CollinMB's Avatar
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic Metallic ND
    Thanks Given
    Jeremy is partially parting the car to pay for his final semester of college. He's keeping the harder to come by stuff and parking it for the time being.

It's a noble enough cause, and the car shall return one day no doubt better than ever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CollinMB For This Useful Post:

Martin (09-09-2015),tsingson (09-09-2015)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the update. Priorities. E-Fame isn't always going to pay the bills. Glad to hear he is at least keeping the car and only partially parting it out.

Supporting Member artcentermiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver Fastback NB / Blue NA
    Thanks Given
    The Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Yes, while I have made the decision to free up some debt from my educational expenses- I have not completely abandoned my Little Broken Girl. My financial situation is not so dire that I will need to let her go; but instead I have decided to initiate a progressive and partial part out of the Silver Bandit.

I am going to keep all of the rare and important parts that make up Kimochi's character- but strip items that I have either wanted to change in the future- or can easily replace or update. Regardless, She will be dormant for some time until I graduate and figure out my revitalization plan.

-Its been a great journey, though not quite over yet; this will most likely be the last post for my Broken Girl: Kimochi you will see in some time.

Final Track Excursion

Though this was some time ago- I took a moment to experience another track day with my overly excitable NB. Roadstercup's round at Buttonwillow gave me a good kick in the pants; the sweeping crested corners and extremely high-speed transitions were something I haven't yet mastered. I quickly had to adjust myself and hold back the throttle just to stay out of the weeds.

There was a heavy rain mid-event which left the track quite slippery, it was definitely fun to take a few laps in the flood- before we were pulled in to let the weather part.

One for the memories! Likely the most exciting track Ive been on to date-

Laguna Seca, I felt has always been about fun transitions.
    Streets of Willow was extremely rough and quick- tired the arms.
    Buttonwillow was a nice mix of rhythm and topographical features.

Leaving a Mark

I can honestly say that I never expected a Miata to capture such attention. Ive truly been blessed by owning this car- The friends Ive met, places Ive travel, experience Ive gained; it's all thanks to Kimochi. These past years, my life in California definitely would've been empty without my unique Roadster.

Before She is torn apart- A few more publications got their chance to cover the life of Kimochi.

Autoweek had a great look into my modifications and persona.

And Japanese High-Culture Lifetstyle magazine, "Pen" also flew some writers over to analyze America car builders- I was lucky enough to be in their sight!

And as always- Tumblr has something to overthink and react to.

After All Is Said and Done

A few last experiments took place before I made the decision to halt progress. Fun as the car is with the fastback affixed, I still occasionally like to go topless and experience the wonders of sunburn. Autokonexion released a cool new NB trunk lip that really accentuates the aggression rearward.

And, another purchase- while not intended for Kimochi (but for another application, which I will be posting shortly), was something Ive always wanted to own. Straight from the funky prefectures of Japan, came this Kanspo Lightweight Hardtop; very unique in shape (a double-bubble roof with a very stout rear convergence) and purposed for cage clearance- it's something Ive always wanted to own. With the help of JDMpalace I was able to acquire a dream. I returned to Fastback Configuration after this picture.

Parting Shots

At this point, Kimochi is still fully functional- minus seats and wheels. My goal is to only sell parts when i absolutely need to acquire funds or pay up to my expenditures. So here is a "not yet final" fly-by on my favorite road, Angeles Crest.

(Click to view video)

And after, a cover up- under our structure.

Time for a rest, Friend.

Last edited by artcentermiata; 09-11-2015 at 03:02 AM.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to artcentermiata For This Useful Post:

Dandy (11-11-2015),etikoner (09-12-2015),fwdtamiya (09-11-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (09-11-2015),Lococholo84 (09-13-2015),oldgrayleather (09-12-2015),Paul B (09-11-2015),Phatmiata (09-11-2015),RuckkehrMiata (09-11-2015),tsingson (09-11-2015)

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    So long, space cowboy.

The miata that originally inspired me to buy my first one.

`89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RuckkehrMiata For This Useful Post:

tsingson (09-11-2015)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    This will always serve as one of my inspirations for my NB.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Will be interesting to see the new direction

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Just read thru the build Jeremy and let me say it is definitely one of the most well executed NB's i have seen! The fastback is such sn incredible addition but not sure i could stand being confined since i keep the top down unless its raining or below 45*.

Really glad you are keeping it because such great cars are rarely appreciated or cared for by second hand owners. Look forward to what is to come!

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    All the best of luck for your future. Can't wait to see what's next. Thanks to both you and Kimochi for all the inspiration...

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    You are a wise man.

Supporting Member artcentermiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver Fastback NB / Blue NA
    Thanks Given
    Life Support for Sleeping Beauty

So even though i don't focus on Kimochi quite as much anymore, She still needs some healthy attention.

The car has been sitting with track day beaten oil, I'm sure acidic. Recently during drives to KINOD i have noticed it running a good 15-20 degrees hotter than normal... no doubt a result of the old and untrustworthy off brand oil i chose to use, regrettably.

I really felt if i left that lube in there, my engine would start to suffer.

So like in Miss Blue, I decided to test the good results Ive had on the daily driver side in a more performance oriented car.

Some MAXXoil refreshed the block

After letting her settle and heat soak, Ive noticed the needle straying problem has subsided- I guess i really let my maintenance slip...

One Take

I recently got invited by Matt Farah for a One Take shoot on The Smoking Tire.

We met up at Little Tujunga- a great canyon to showcase Kimochi's abilities; tons of tight hairpins and quick chicanes let her short gearing and high uptake shine.

I let Matt go it alone, since i only have one seat in the car currently.

When he returned, it was safe to say he was impressed with the car- a simple "This is the most fucking ridiculous Miata Ive ever driven... I really wish we were on a track with it!"

As if the echoing tones of redline in the mountain side while we awaited his return werent enough of a sign.

He said it totally impressed him, despite barely fitting inside it- He had some residue from my roof on his head...

Ill be interested to see his reaction in car come the 2 weeks or so it take to upload the videos.

On another note- The drive home was spirited for sure and as ive said with Miss Blue im impressed by MAXXoil. We will see as age and abuse takes place.
    Last edited by artcentermiata; 10-29-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast