View Poll Results: Vote now for the Classifieds organization you want

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the Classifieds as is

1 3.57%
  • Put all ads for parts in one section and cars for sale in another section

20 71.43%
  • Put all ads for parts and cars for sale together in one comprehensive section

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Classifieds suggestions

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given

Classifieds suggestions

This place just need a baller-er market place. That's the only saving grace from clubroadster. And it's a huge plus from Miataturbo as well.

If only we had more buyers.. I've only sold a handful of things on here out of the huge amounts I've put up for sale. They should fix that... maybe..... by putting the market related threads at the top of the front page.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power horribleR's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Blue Hype
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wolf View Post
    This place just need a baller-er market place. That's the only saving grace from clubroadster. And it's a huge plus from Miataturbo as well.
    Navigating these classifieds is too much of a bother.. lol
    Last edited by horribleR; 08-23-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
    Navigating these classifieds is too much of a bother.. lol
    What do you mean?

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    What do you mean?
    It's obvious, there's entirely too many categories for trying to sell something. If I'm throwing something for sale, I don't want to navigate to a specific section, and then post it there. I know what the idea behind it is, but it doesn't make the experience very fluid. Not to mention, if you go to any category in the FS section, you see threads that are like months old, and it makes it look dead. People aren't motivated to sell in an area that looks inactive and it won't bring an interest in anyone trying to buy anything either. I move towards compiling just one single FS section like CR does. It'll frequently get bumped with all the items being posted for sale, and it's a simple one-click place to go to, as opposed to having to open different section to see what your needs are.

Best way to sell anything is to have maximum exposure, not make it labeled better.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Can you be more specific? lol j/k atank is busy right now trying to get the old ads closed, that will be nice.

I can see the other side of what you are saying, too. If I'm looking for an interior plastic piece I can go to the "interior" section and not have to wade thru a bunch of wheel/tire ads.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Can you be more specific? lol j/k atank is busy right now trying to get the old ads closed, that will be nice.

I can see the other side of what you are saying, too. If I'm looking for an interior plastic piece I can go to the "interior" section and not have to wade thru a bunch of wheel/tire ads.
    Yes.. but that's the downside.. you're missing the other potential other posts that you COULD be interested in. You're trying to get as many people attracted to as many posts as possible. I mean, CR has arguably the most successful FS section because it's all compiled in one section. People wade through it anyway, and people get pulled away by other awesome stuff for sale. Can't tell you how many times I've gone in that section looking for a specific part and ended up PMing someone about something entirely different. The end result you want is to connect a buyer to a seller, that's the bottom line. Getting too specific by having a better "buyer's" experience limits that possibility.

That's just my little quip.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! tanakapz's Avatar
    Drives
    2004 VRM MSM
    Thanks Given
    While I see the merits of having separate for sale sub forums, I personally agree with DK Wolf in that the F/S forums could be combined in order to facilitate more activity. It's a turn off to a lot of people to search the for sale threads when they continually have to click forward and back. More people browse than look for specific pieces. Easier to browse one forum than 5+
    wut

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    **I moved the discussion about reworking the Classifieds from Random Thoughts to Suggestions here and gave it a title.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    DK, would you mind if this thread is turned into a poll? Please advice as to how would you like the poll to say. We DEFINITELY want to hear y'alls opinions in how to make this a more succesful/enjoyable forum experience.

Thaks for your input!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Left0verCurry's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 10AE, 05 WRX
    Thanks Given
    It would be better if the classifieds were broken into NA NB NC and an other. imo atleast

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    DK, would you mind if this thread is turned into a poll? Please advice as to how would you like the poll to say. We DEFINITELY want to hear y'alls opinions in how to make this a more successful/enjoyable forum experience.

Thaks for your input!
    I don't care at all if it's a poll or not.

there just needs to be a clear discussion, because on paper it sounds like the MR.net idea of implementing the classified section sounds better, but it's not that amazing in practice. We would obviously be needing more suggestions before putting things up to a poll.

But these are the types of FS sections I can imagine being put to vote.

- Complete minimalist. Just one FS section, everyone sells everything in one section, no categories or anything like that. Marked headers to indicated which generation it's for. (personally, it's my vote)
    - Generation specific sections, but that's as far as it goes for filtration. (this is me spitballing, but what if it were generation specific sections, however for the parts marked for multi generation platforms, if they would automatically appear in the sections applicable to them, as opposed to posting them twice)
    - Maintain the MR.net classified section the way it is.

Also, as a sidenote, I already brought this up with atank, I know that he's posting in the older FS threads to find out if it's still for sale and stuff. However the bumps are totally unnecessary and its just necroing a lot of threads that are months old for no reason, when a PM could get the same result without bringing a most likely irrelevant thread back to the top.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Yes I have started emailing the OP, and just expiring anything older that 4M's.......and killing --->

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given
    Generation specific sections, but that's as far as it goes for filtration. (this is me spitballing, but what if it were generation specific sections, however for the parts marked for multi generation platforms, if they would automatically appear in the sections applicable to them, as opposed to posting them twice).
    This idea gets my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    I don't care at all if it's a poll or not.

there just needs to be a clear discussion, because on paper it sounds like the MR.net idea of implementing the classified section sounds better, but it's not that amazing in practice. We would obviously be needing more suggestions before putting things up to a poll.

But these are the types of FS sections I can imagine being put to vote.

- Complete minimalist. Just one FS section, everyone sells everything in one section, no categories or anything like that. Marked headers to indicated which generation it's for. (personally, it's my vote)
    - Generation specific sections, but that's as far as it goes for filtration. (this is me spitballing, but what if it were generation specific sections, however for the parts marked for multi generation platforms, if they would automatically appear in the sections applicable to them, as opposed to posting them twice)
    - Maintain the MR.net classified section the way it is.
    Then lets give it until the end of the weekend, to gather more feedback, and then let's work it to make it into a poll.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    I don't want the direction of this thread to go toward hammering atank for supposed necroposting. He's putting in an incredible amount of energy and personal time organizing the Classifieds at the behest of admin and for the benefit of all. This is a temporary irritation at most and needs to be done before any structural changes could be made anyway.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast