Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Increased inbox sizes for individuals that sell a lot

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    For me?

Stage 1: just implementing the possibility to donate. That's a start. Whatever excess money you guys have, can be put towards a raffle every quarter/month/year whatever. People will gladly donate, especially if it's available. My other forum has an announcement every 6 months to remind members to donate. You don't have to, but it makes it easier on Hugh (the owner).

Stage 2: Supporting members benefits. For those that did donate.. special characters/fonts for their names color changes.. whatever. the generic stuff, and a PM box bump in size (nothing major, but probably about twice what it is now.. because lets face it.. it's pitifully small).

Stage 3: Subscribed members if at all possible. For those that agree to pay a monthly subscription fee (like $3 or 5.. whatever) even higher increased PM box sizes.. special titles they can write (like the forum that shall not be named), badges.. whatever. Maybe even a forum for paid members (never was a huge fan of those since the rules were the same in those than as it were on the outside.. however if you made the exception for major rules in there... could be nice).

That's what I'd like to see.. of course this isn't what I'm demanding or what other people want.. this is just me.

The only thing I'm demanding is the possibility to donate.. and an increased PM box size.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DK Wolf For This Useful Post:

psulja (09-29-2013)

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Oh yeah.. and the possibility to have freaking awesome signatures here.. increased signature sizes.. and the possibility to allow gifs. Etc etc.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    This got put on the back burner due to other projects we are working on behind the scenes. But we did discuss a level of member based sponsorship, I will look into this again.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    This got put on the back burner due to other projects we are working on behind the scenes. But we did discuss a level of member based sponsorship, I will look into this again.
    Hail Phitler!!

Thanks man, super appreciate it.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wolf View Post
    Hail Phitler!!

Thanks man, super appreciate it.
    Hail Phitler? Really? Is that supposed to be funny? (hint: it's not)

DK, you do seem to have something to contribute but you shoot yourself in the foot with comments like that. It appears, from my vantage point, that your suggestions have gotten attention and consideration. If you want to affect change, keep it positive, and maybe you'll get a few more members to chime in with you. As it is, even if members are in complete agreement with you, they are going to be hesitant to speak up because of the tone you have set. Power in numbers, my friend.

Just a suggestion, but rather than sparring individually, try recruiting other members to your side. You can start your own polls or initiate some discussion threads without taking on the admins directly. And just know that references to war criminals is distasteful, over the top, been done to death, and is simply boring.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandy View Post
    DK, you do seem to have something to contribute but you shoot yourself in the foot with comments like that. It appears, from my vantage point, that your suggestions have gotten attention and consideration. If you want to affect change, keep it positive, and maybe you'll get a few more members to chime in with you. As it is, even if members are in complete agreement with you, they are going to be hesitant to speak up because of the tone you have set. Power in numbers, my friend.

Just a suggestion, but rather than sparring individually, try recruiting other members to your side. You can start your own polls or initiate some discussion threads without taking on the admins directly.
    Meh, it'd be lame to start a poll without letting the mods know. It's kind of blind siding them if there was no discussion regarding it earlier.. our last poll took place after discussion and the mods created it seeking a verdict. I don't see an issue with the way that went down and I'll continue the same way. If I was a mod, I'd be pretty annoyed if they started a random poll like that.. there was hardly a mention or a discussion about it, and those turn up to be circlejerks without actual constructive suggestions put in.. and it's less effective than waiting for the mods to acknowledge it and come back when they're ready.

And I mod on my other forum. I'm quite familiar with expectations from their vantage point, people will collaborate when it's time.

And just know that references to war criminals is distasteful, over the top, been done to death, and is simply boring.
    I'm glad you have that opinion. However I must stress that although it's a joke in bad taste, don't let it sour your cereal too much. It might end up bothering you more than it should.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    The Cap'ns morning flakes taste just fine. Don't you go graying your hairs over that.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Man, good thing I didn't see that on my cereal box or I would have been traumatized as a kid.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Capt Crunch is looking pretty gnarly. That's one salty seaman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123