Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #717

Idling - Listen to it purr... gon's Avatar
    Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given

hello everyone,
    i would like to tell you the story of how i started with this passion for sport cars, engines, tools, dirt, and of course miatas (:
    I think the first time i saw a miata was back in 2003 when "need for speed" came out, i had the nissan 350z on the cover. i remember i just saw the car and it just caught my attention. i never imagine that one day i will own one my self.

in mid 2011, i was looking for a new car. i didn't really know what i was looking for, i just new a wanted i new car for my birthday. i research about many cars and possible candidates, the problem was or they were too expensive or i could not find them locally.
    i always like to read car magazines. i had a subscription with super street magazine, as a subscriber i had the magazine a month before they released to the stores.
    Volume of novemeber 2011, there it was, a white 1992 mazda miata.
    "Run Devil Run"
    i read the whole article about it, i usually just look at the pictures and pretty much thats it, this time was different. i wanted a miata too. That was just the beginning.
    My knowledge about cars was the minimum, i didn't even owned a tool box at that time. So, i started researching and learning on the internet. i found miata.net, i was happy, there was a lot to learn. Since i was looking for a miata i didn't know what to look for on the car, i found a helpful list on m.net on how to buy a miata. i read that list 3427826432 times. Now, i was ready to start my quest and look for my miata. i look for weeks and weeks with no luck. finally the day came, oct 9,2011. There it was, a red 1993 miata with 49k miles, even though i was looking for a 1.8, i didn't care anymore. i contacted the owner and i made and appointment for the following day. i inspected that car like a pro . everything was in perfect condition. the owner told me that the car belonged to his grandmother that had past away. after negotiating the price with the owner back and forward we finally shake hands and i became a miata owner. life was good(:

Lil TiM
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

i bought myself a little tool box that was for sale and i started doing little maintenance jobs like oil changes, spark plugs etc. With the help of m.net and Keith Tanner's books things weren't that scary and i had enough confidence to do it with no problems.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

some time later next year i installed a momo steering wheel that i had gotten as a christmas present and a set of fm frame rails.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

december 9,2012. it was sunday morning, i called my friend to invited him to go to the junk yard to have some fun. we decide to go in my car (: . i got ready, put the tools on the trunk and i went on my way. i remember i was driving in the middle lane and there was a big truck on the right lane, the truck was going to make a right turn and from no where i see something green in front of my car. Suddenly, everything started hurting.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is the only thing i kept from the car
    [IMG][/IMG]

february 23, 2013 everything was going back to normal. i was going to start school in

two days, so i need it a car asap.
    #717 i was in love again (:

[IMG][/IMG]

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you found yourself another roadster.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Once bitten, it's tough to shake the Miata addiction. They are so much fun to work on. Sucks about the accident. It looked like your red one was in great shape too (with so little miles). I like your new '97 (STO?) What does it have for suspension? MORE PICTURES!

-Jim

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    #717 Looks nice, and I am sure its going to be a good ride! Too bad you did not get to keep the wrecked 93 for parts............
    Last edited by atank; 09-11-2013 at 05:33 AM.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    Too bad you did not get to keep the wrecked 93 for parts............
    I agree, the tan interior was probably MINT! And the radio? So many good parts from a low mileage car.

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecars View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you found yourself another roadster.
    im just glad im not missing a leg or something and i can keep driving another miata. i wonder how would i press the clutch and gas pedal with one leg only

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Once bitten, it's tough to shake the Miata addiction. They are so much fun to work on. Sucks about the accident. It looked like your red one was in great shape too (with so little miles). I like your new '97 (STO?) What does it have for suspension? MORE PICTURES!

-Jim
    yes it an STo (:

it has spec miata suspension on it.

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    every single part of the car was in excellent condition. i didnt had no where to put the car so i had to let it go. But, now that i remember, i still have the original steering wheel

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    im still working on the car maintenance, since its primary job is to make me where i need to go (work, school, etc). There is still a lot that i need to work on the car before i can work on the fun parts.[IMG][/IMG]

Drives
    1997 miata
    Thanks Given
    here i am working on the timing belt and water pump. Since I'm learning im taking my time. it took me the whole day and part of the next morning to finish the job.
    At the end of the day taking my time pay off. i just had to do the job ones, the car fired right up at the first try. it seems to run faster and stronger but, everything i do to it, makes me thing the same thing lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast