Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    A photo from the MX5OC Norfolk Meet last Wednesday

The Weekend Just gone i attended the biggest weekend modified car show here in the UK. I was lucky enough to be entered into the Top 50 Cars. Saturday morning i received a call saying that i was inside the Main Hall with the top cars of the entire show. Now usually your car has to be of a extremely high level of modification/money spent to be inside,so you can guess i was a little bit excited about being inside!

A while ago i stumbled across a photo on Instagram,i took a liking to the composition and location and needed to replicate it with the Monster. The original photo was this:

I showed the photo to my Girlfriend who had stumbled across a location on her travels. So we took a drive out this evening to have a look,here are the results.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

CarbonMiata (05-28-2014),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),theothersawyer (06-12-2014),WASABI (05-26-2014)

Drives
    Grey NA Clubman
    Thanks Given
    Just saw this thread and your car for the first time today. Well done for completing such an beautiful build. And that the color has an international history adds double extra style points. Looks so rich in royal purple and gold, under lights, a star of the show. This is my favorite shot. Wow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malibu Q For This Useful Post:

WASABI (05-27-2014)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Malibu Means alot!

Attended a couple of Meets and Shows recently

I've been intrigued whether 9s would fit under the arches as they were rolled and flared when it was painted back in December. A friend of mine had some 15x9j ET0 with some 195/45/15 tyres kicking about so we had a trial fit.

I think its pretty much spot on,perhaps a 5-6mm spacer but thats all it'd need along with lowering a tad more.

Had a look for some new wheels in this fitment and the only ones i can find are Grid V,BM8,Alecia,RKR and the K7 (which has a higher offset though)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Ordered some billet stalks from Freaky Roadster and they came here extremely fast! Fantastic communication and received alot of help with fitting! Would definately recommend getting some!

I also took delivery of a set of Carbon Fibre door cups and Polished Door Handles from Carbon Miata. Marc asked me to write a review on the Stainless Door Handles.

I had the postman knock on the door bright and early on Wednesday morning,spotting the chinese writing on the postage label,i knew exactly what this was,something i was extremely looking forward to receiving! Upon opening the package,i was expecting the handles to be quite heavy,infact they were quite the opposite!

These handles are EXTREMELY light,you can barely tell your holding them until you look down. I popped them on some kitchen scales and they weighed approx 70g (without the fixing screws). The finish is superb and at an incredibly high standard! The shape is simply and comfortable to grab while still looking classy with a hint of retro.

The laser cutting of the M emblem is top notch work,it looks like it was stamped out of a sheet of aluminium! There are zero sharp edges,wobbly cut lines,everthing is cut perfectly.

Installation took less than 2minutes per side. With the old leather door pulls removed,the new bolts fixed on quick and easy with a 7mm hex key,and sit perfect in the counter sunk holes of the polished handles.

I also fitted some Carbon Fibre door cups supplied by Marc at Carbon Miata. Again,the quality of these is extremely high,there's not a single piece of weave out of shape/line. I think they compliment the KG Works handles extremely well and helps bring in some Carbon Fibre to the interior of the car.

Another purchase i've recently made is a set of Runabout M2 Mirrors

I removed the door mirrors on my lunch break at work and the holes on the M2 bases don't line up with the original holes in the door. The mirrors were supplied with the rubber gaskets and a plastic block with two threaded holes.

With the M2 mirror base on the door,they do just about cover the original holes,but the mirror mounting holes are further in,central to the mirror.

Someone has suggested drilling two new holes and riv-nut them on. I'm taking a visit to the body shop tomorrow to see what they say

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (06-13-2014),Phatmiata (08-27-2014)

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    That's weird? are they a non mx-5 modell? my runabouts fit straight on.

Your interior is awesome, love the stalks!

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    The Yahoo Auctions listed them for an MX5. Ive got a feeling they're actually Austin Mini mirrors

Drives
    Classic Red '91
    Thanks Given
    They must be. The rivnut idea sounds good. You should think about moving the passenger one to match how the m2 cars have theirs, if you search I think the measurements are posted somewhere.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    I didn't think your car could get any better, but I was wrong! Those additions look fantastic!!!

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Still killing it. Great new ad-ons!

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Won some P5 Frame Rails on eBay for a good price

After the Runabout M2 mirrors not bolting directly on,i sold them and purchased some Autoblaze mirrors from a friend that needed a refurb

Also fitted my Ron Tribute sticker

So payday was on Wednesday so bought (another) set of wheels! Spoke to Barry at Mazdabeat and he sorted me out an awesome deal and the new wheels were with me the following day! I booked the car in at my local STS Tyre Pros for a set of Pirelli P1 195/50/15 tyres to be fitted.

Rota RKR Front 15x8j ET0 and Rear 15x9j ET0

The car is going into the body shop in the middle of June,gonna get the side stripes removed as they no longer go with the wheels. Also gonna lower the front abit more so its level with the back

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

atank (06-27-2014),Phatmiata (08-27-2014),Vegard (06-27-2014),WASABI (06-28-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedreeper View Post
    The Yahoo Auctions listed them for an MX5. Ive got a feeling they're actually Austin Mini mirrors
    Thats because they are. Runabout don't make mirrors, they source them from other suppliers, with their logo. In this case, the Runabout M2s are actually made by Tex Automotive in Witney. Runabout sell two versions for the MX5 and the Austin Mini. The blue car you have used is actually one of my Roadsters when I was offering up the Tex Evolution mirror; its the same mirror but with Tex branding. I saw some chancer selling the Runabout Mini mirrors on Nutz for £100, when brand new Tex mirrors are under £50 a pair. I made custom bases, and the result gives a much better field of view than my Runabout M2 or the genuine M2 mirrors I had.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadsternut For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-13-2017),Tee (06-07-2018)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I managed to sell my mirrors for what i paid so its all good

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

atank (06-28-2014)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    So it seems i have a little scrubbing issue on the passenger rear tyre at the moment

Took the car to STS Tyre Pros last Wednesday to have the front coilovers lowered and also a full alignment. Now running 5* rear camber and 3* front camber. Also set the rear shocks to the hardest setting to try and stop it scrubbing.

Fitted some new wheel nuts

Today i noticed a collection of rubber on the arch,so its still scubbing. The only thing i can do is change the rear tyres to a 195/45 It seems this side wasnt flared enough when it was in the body shop last year

Yesterday i headed to Snetterton Circuit for Modified Live. It rained all day with the odd dry/sunny period. The show itself was very quiet,despite it being local to me,i dont think i'll be going again.

I entered the car into the Show & Shine sponsored by Kleers,managed to get a good spot too

Ended up winning Best JDM!

My photos from the Show can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=512c18b965

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Malibu Q (07-11-2014),Phatmiata (05-13-2017),WASABI (07-06-2014)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Its really difficult trying to think of things to do/add. Is there anything available in the US that are fitted to Miatas that i could add on mine? Only thing i'd like to get eventually is a Project G Bikini top

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    This update will be abit of a photo overload,what can i say? I like taking photos

A week or so ago i got the P5 Frame Rails fitted and undersealed. We left the rear wheel arches as the cage will be coming out to be painted at some point

Finally got round to tiger sealing the Stainless Jass surrounds to the trims

Friday just gone me and a few friends took a coastal drive and managed to catch the sunset

I took another visit to the local Graffiti Wall this afternoon

24. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast