Thread: Annoying rattle from drivers side hood hinge.

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given

Annoying rattle from drivers side hood hinge.

So I think I have finally located one of many annoying rattles on my car and it seems to be coming from the drivers side hood hinge. I took a look at it and am unsure of how to tighten or make any adjustments to it.

Has anyone ever had a strange rattle from this area or assist me in tightening this hinge? Thanks!

-Will

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch jdmfc3s90's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Hey will! Its ramon Now that u mention here, I'm pretty sure mine is rattling too, or and the hood latch. Check both sides to make they tight, and the hood latch too.

Idling - Listen to it purr... bovaco's Avatar
    Drives
    90 Red
    Thanks Given
    There is no fix to the hinge rattle other than replacement, that I'm aware of. Hinges are relativity cheap so I suggest you buy new ones instead of used that may have the same problem as yours. I had the same problem on my 90 and the new hinges made a remarkable difference. You can verify the hinge is in fact your problem by placing small folded piece of cloth between the hinge and body, enough to put pressure on the hinge with the hood closed. If the rattle disappears then the hinge is most likely the culprit.

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    Sup Ramon! There are so many rattles and squeaks I don't know where to begin, I guess it comes with the territory. Thanks for the input from you two, I'll mess around with it some more when I get the time and I'll let ya know what I went about doing.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power mazdarati1's Avatar
    Drives
    With a blinker on
    Thanks Given
    I had a ton of squeaks & rattles when I first picked up my 92 miata. I used a high quality spray grease on all the suspension parts (shock, sway bar mounting points etc.,) when I rotate tires. Seemed to stop a lot of noises.