Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: beatles4's Chrystal White Miata build

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

beatles4's Chrystal White Miata build

Alright so I picked up a racing beat header off of Craigslist for the 1.6. I'm finally going to get rid of some exhaust rattle and make a little power doing it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357071870.363560.jpg

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

here it is installed. Wow I feel more power at 5k and above and there is no more crappy heat shield rattling anymore. So far the best $299 i have ever spent next to my new crank pulley that finally let me know my timing and get it adjusted.

Sadly while installed the header I broke the dipstick twice. Before today I had a mint dipstick and felt awesome about it. No more will I have that feeling. I guess I have one more thing to buy off of rosenthall when i parts.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

Check it out.

I bought a Jackson racing intake for the 1.6 and it looks great.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Wow! This car has definately come a long way! Pretty sure you aren't letting your mom drive it anymore.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

Lol. Yah my mom has not driven it since.

Right now I have saved up just enough money to buy a decent suspension for the car. I might order the flyin miata stage 1.5 kit tomorrow.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

Also forgot to mention that I picked up a daily. I now have a miata in the garage and a 06 volvo s60 t5.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

I just went for a ride in the new intake. All I can say is wow. I know intake mods usually make the car sound like a civic but this made the car sound beefier. Like I dropped in a bigger engine.

I also felt a significant pull at 5k. It felt fantastic

I also gave my engine bay a good cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    AlAlright let me do a major update here.

The guy that sold me the suitcase also had an old samsonite suitcase that looked cool. I told him what I was doing with the suitcase that I bought form him and he just gave me the samsonite one. It is now the one I prefer to use. It has/had old stickers form all sorts of places.

Now updates for the car. I decided I really did not like the front lip. It was more trouble than it was worth so I am sticking with just the oem front bumper and no lip.

I purchased 2 oem radios with oem cd players and neither of them work. One of these days when i have more time and money I will send them to Jeff Anderson to get them fixed and have him install his aux in mod.

MATG Time

I took the car to get painted locally and told the guy I had a time frame of 3 weeks before miatas at the gap. Days before my day to leave for matg he tells me it wont be done. So I go with my dad to see what the deal is. We try to brainstorm and figure out what to do. One the verge of calling the trip of we decide to go to miatas at the gap in primer. So that is what we did. I figured I have gone with a lot of paint missing before why should this be any different.

We extended the matg trip a little and decided to go backpacking in the mountains for 4 days. We had to pack all of our clothes in that vintage suitcase on my luggage rack. We put the sleeping bags, food, ponchos, tent, hiking clothes, sleeping mattresses... A lot of crap in the trunk of the miata. I was able to figure out a way to bring the external frame backpacks with us. I bungeed them to the rollbar. Amazingly the roof was still able to go up and down.

This pic is right before we set of to go back packing.

Well on the matg trip in a miata run of about 40 people me of all people gets into an accident. Apparently a bear ran down the hill to our left, jumped over the guard rail and rain into the street to hit me. I acted quickly and made sure I was ok to swerve and dodged a head on collision. He managed to head butt my passenger fender spin re head butt my door and run off. (For those worried about the bear he seemed fine and ran off into the woods).

I was not the only person involved in an accident. There was one guy who just bought his miata and clear flew off one section of the mountain. He was ok but his car was totaled. Then on a spirited drive the second day the roads were damp and mini_fd spun. I was maybe 3 cars behind and thankfully a local passing by in his truck pulled him out.

So here is a picture that Bryan took and in the photo you can see where the bear hit me.
    It is very hard to tell that there was damage in this photo, but the damage was severe enough where I needed a new fender.

Well I did not let the whole bear thing bring me down so the next day i hung out with some cool people from the forum.

I am the one all the way to the left and my dad is next to me.

Believe it or not but the hiking trip had to be cut short. We strung up the backpacks with the anti bear stuff and everything should have been fine; well apparently the anti bear hook things are not anti chipmunk. One night the chipmunks climbed up and ate a hole through one of the back packs and ate quite a bit of our food. We took precautions for the next night but the same thing happened again. So we gave in and called the trip short.

On the way home the car hit 155,555 miles and also the speedo cable went on my so I had terrible high pitched screaming going on for the 16 hour drive back.

Once I got home I went and purchased a new fender from treasure coast miata and I stripped the car again to go in for paint.

And now I am here. I am waiting for a nice day to take a really good photo of my freshly painted miata.

Here is a pic from today as a teaser.
    Yay no more paint falling off when I drive or wash my car.

New r speed door belt line molding.

See I have paint on my trunk.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    That fresh white paint looks very NICE!!!! I have heard the fried Chipmunk tastes just like chicken......

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Hit by a Bear?!? Really? Come on, that's a great story! The car looks nice with the new paint, and your trip sounds like quite an adventure. But man, hitting a bear/bear hitting you, is the icing on the cake! Keep up the good work.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Did he steal your picnic basket?

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I can only imagine what the miata behind me was thinking. When we got to the end of the road I talked to him and his wife and he said it was the weirdest thing he was even seen ever. He offered to give me his contact info in case I never need someone to back up my story.

You guys are going to laugh but I kept the old fender and I am planning on mounting it on the wall in my garage. When that happens ill post up a photo here. I kept it in its un washed bear snot stage.

When I hit/ he hit me the bear's snout hit the car and left a bit of brown snot.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Cool and gross at the same time

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    I'd suggest you get a custom license plate that says "BEAR HTR" or "BEAR KLR", but that could be misconstrued as love for certain hairy men.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Well I guess I failed to mention that bear are up there with being my favorite animals along with moose. So after the accident I was pretty sad and it didnt help that I was going to go camping for 4 days in the mountains with bears. I was a afraid word might get out and they would attack me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123