Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: beatles4's Chrystal White Miata build

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I like them a lot. They were pretty nice today at the auto cross.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Nice job so far Beatles4. I am looking forward to updates.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    OK well I went autocrossing at homestead speedway kart track. It was really fun. I ran in Estock and had the fastest time in the class. The company that was doing the autocross could not get their act together and did not put my time in but displayed it on the little monitor at the end. What ever I had fun and am not one of those guys that gets worked up over it. I know I won, had fun, and did not crash. Sounds like a fantastic day to me.

here is a pic right before my 4th run.

autocross by xbeatles4x, on Flickr

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Wow I forgot to update this post. Ill try to copy over from my other forum I frequent.

I had the rollbar installed. Here is a pic of that installed.

I trimmed the tonneau to fit

I really like them.

Over the summer I installed rubber bushing from flyin miata. I dont want a debate of poly over rubber but I wanted rubber.

here is the process of doing the bushings. I think I might have lost a few photos. This was done in preparation for miatas at the gap.

These are my oem shocks that appear to not be blown.

My oem shocks I think at some point were replaced with new oem ones because they ride perfectly fine and do not feel blown at all.

I replaced my radiator and belts with the help of my friend David.

How I removed the bushings. I used a bolt with on one end a washer that was bigger than the hole. on the other a washer slightly smaller than the bushing to pull it through.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I made it to miatas at the gap and met some cool people and had fun.

Well i took a few photos while at the gap of my car. Here they are.

This is me going to road atlanta. Awesome feeling since I play forza motorsport all the time and have an exact replica of my car made in the game. I finally got to see the track in real life, only I could not get on the track but seeing it was enough.

Untitled by xbeatles4x, on Flickr

It was just so beautiful. I need to go back again.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    A few days ago I had a problem with my car. the timing was way off. By way off I mean it was advanced by 90 degrees. I could not believe it so I took out spark plug one and put the dip stick in to see where top dead center was. It was about 120 degrees off the mark on the pulley. I made a mark with white out and tried to time it but that did not work at all. i had to order a new pulley to be able to time the car. The car was making a terrible pinging noise when accelerating.

Well i ordered the new pulley and it came in so I installed that friday night with the help of my dad.
    We got the job done in a shade under 4 hours from start to end. I also fixed my power antenna so I have a working antenna again.

Here is the broken part. Over time the rubber that holds the two pulleys together fails and has the problem that I described.

here is my power antenna.

After installing the proper crank pulley the car drives perfectly. I cant believe how bad it was before. Now I can actually time it and put it to 10 degrees. I love driving the car now.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    More photos of miatas at the gap.
    Here is me and my dad.

Killboy Photo by xbeatles4x, on Flickr

Group Photo 2012 by xbeatles4x, on Flickr

208095 by xbeatles4x, on Flickr
    Last edited by Andy; 12-30-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    My plans right now are to save up for the FM stage 1.5 suspension package for the next miatas at the gap.
    I have also been eyeing the nardi miata shift knob that is wood with the 5 speed emblem at the top

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Oh I almost forgot I sold my merlot hardtop for $1,000. I didnt use it as much as intended so I sold it and am saving that money for a different car. Right now I am planning on buying a different car for daily driving to college and I am going to store this car in the garage to use on weekends and have fun with.

Right now I am eyeing a 2004 Saab 9-3.

something sort of like this.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by beatles4 View Post
    On thursday I found out that my economics teacher is a miata enthusiast.
    Just saw this and got a chuckle, since I also teach economics. (Part-time, in addition to a full time job. The little bit of extra money I make from teaching helps to fund the Miata habit. I also autocross! (As a small side note, your car is not legal for E-stock. The TSIs take you out of the class. I'm not 100% on the wheels, but I believe that the 14x6 BBS wasn't an option for your car, which would also render it illegal.)
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Yah I have done things that no longer make me legal for e stock. Flyin miata frame rails take me out already. Upgraded front and rear sways. I didn't know about the tsi's and the rims are 15x6 which is off of the 95m so It was not an option. However the 14's were an option because the black and tan from 92 had them.

I do not take economics anymore this year but I still run into the teacher from time to time. He is a really nice guy.

I just autocross for fun.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Well, you are allowed 1 sway. You could disconnect the rear, but the frame rails are another story. The black and tan was an LE, so you would need to have every option carried over to run LE wheels. But, if you only do it for fun, I doubt anyone will ever protest you!
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I have also been working on making a respectable tool area for myself. Pics of that will be up soon.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    That MATG photo is GREAT! You seem to have lost some photos from the first page though.

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Yah. I can not edit the first page. if a mod could just delete the broken link and the post all together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast