Thread: Road Star

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power druz's Avatar
    Drives
    Signal Orange '89 V8
    Thanks Given
    I can't believe it's been 18 months since I've updated this. That also means it's been that long since I drove the car, which is awful. A little over a year ago my nagging lower back soreness turned into horrible sciatic pain. So much so I couldn't even sit in the Miata, let alone drive it. I went under the knife over the winter and fortunately the pain is gone, but it's been a long recovery process.

After seeing all the great pics from Miatapolooza, some beautiful Cali roadsters out and about in Jazz's build thread, and Woolery's feature in Automobile mag and One Take, I've really been inspired to get back at it.

I figured something easy to get me back into the mood was a couple of easy interior bits. I found a m2-1028 tombstone to match the center console I already had so it was time to swap out the Nakamae. It came with the genuine m2 ebrake boot which is still in pretty good shape, like the shifter boot; amazing for 23 year old leather. Revlimiter T56 shift plate on there to mimic the 1028 shift plate. It was also a good time to put in the RS hazard switch I've had laying around.

Looking at that pic makes me realize I need a RS climate control plate also. I haven't been one for much interior detail, but I think that's going to be necessary. Of course a plate to mount the window switch and some switches for the Stack dash is in order as well.

I picked up a few other things while i was laid up in recovery for weeks with not much else to do besides shop online so I'll start to get around to those. I also need to make room for some of this new stuff so things like the Nakamae, a Nielex hazard switch and another 1028 carpet center console will be going up in the classifieds shortly.

There are a few more pressing things that I'd like to get to first, but I'm a wheel whore at heart.

Last edited by druz; 10-08-2019 at 06:18 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to druz For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (05-05-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (05-05-2017),HarryB (05-05-2017),JamieH (05-05-2017),oldgrayleather (05-05-2017),Phatmiata (10-12-2017),Roadster7 (05-05-2017),speedypenguin (05-05-2017),tsingson (05-05-2017)