Thread: Road Star

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power druz's Avatar
    Drives
    Signal Orange '89 V8
    Thanks Given

Road Star

I picked up this 1990 (built 4/89) a little over 2 years ago. It was beat; half an exhaust valve was missing, dented right rear quarter, bumpers cracked, half the original Classic Red was faded, and the list goes on. I bought it anyway, my 4th NA. I figured it deserved a second chance and a makeover considering it was one of the first 350 Miatas ever built.

It's been a slow process having only a few hours a week to work on it and I try to do as much as possible myself. So I learned paint and bodywork on it. It doesn't look great, but considering it was my first go I'll take it. I'll probably redo it with everything I learned in a little while. For now I just want to drive it for a bit and then move on to the next stage, power!

I'll try to update with the few build pics I have when I can, but for now here's a little teaser. I still have some things to finish; the interior is not done although it's going to be mostly stripped, a few details on the front end need to be buttoned up, the glass and moldings need to be done, etc. As it sits now:

1990 NA, Signal Orange/Satin Black
    SSR Star Sharks 14x7 -6, 14x8 -19 (yes 4x100), Nitto NT01 205/55/14, Kics R40 Neo lugs
    Tuckin 99 N2 flares, GV tail lights, M2-1028 mirrors, GV front lip, Ratsback rear lip, Planet Miata feed style sides
    Advance Design double adjustable coilovers, 450/300 springs, RB sway bars, TC Design weld in roll bar
    Choice of Recaro from RS Limited, SP-A Racer, or SP-G

Plus lots of other stuff laying around that need to be installed or sold.

As you can see it was getting dark, so I didn't have a chance to get any good pics. I'll get some better ones later this week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to druz For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (04-13-2015)