Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meet Mica

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Big Red's Avatar
    Drives
    DeLorean
    The Land Downunder. Errr the Upsidedown Place.
    Thanks Given
    Erick.... your car is looking great & the new engine will be a bloody ripper
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Do you like the 3 window top? Just was wondering what your review is.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    Looks good man, and I have refinished two of your old BBS wheels.
    Thanks, It's good to hear that! Can't wait to you get em mounted. I think they'd look awesome with some spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Erick.... your car is looking great & the new engine will be a bloody ripper
    Thanks man! I hope so, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Do you like the 3 window top? Just was wondering what your review is.
    I love it. I think it gives my car a retro vibe. Plus I now have an opening whereas with my last top i had a huge blind spot.
    The Canvas material is pretty nice, and durable as well.

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Got my car washed and Waxed on Sunday, it really feels a lot nicer driving a clean car rather than a dirty one..

Here's a preview shot of some photos my brother took of my car:

Changing out the shocks to Bilsteins made me wanna go even further in the handling department..
    I ordered the ES Basic front and back kit, as well as Super Miata end-links.

Changed the back bushings to Energy Suspension black Poly bushings, and swapped out the oem end links for the 949 ones.

I failed to get a picture of the 16 year old oem rubber bushings, but they were pretty useless and torn up.

I'll do the fronts either this week or on Sunday, and I'm gonna order tires soon after that.
    Big thanks to my friend Carlos from SGSRacing for doing taking his time helping me out big time and basically installing them for me.

Here's a cool shot of my buddy's work space:

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Big Red's Avatar
    Drives
    DeLorean
    The Land Downunder. Errr the Upsidedown Place.
    Thanks Given
    Brilliant update Erick, Suspension upgrades are something always make the beast corner better
    What tyres are you looking into?

I did not realize you had different mirrors. *drool*
    ~Gareth~
    -ROADSTERZOKU-

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    I wanna get Falken Azenis RT615K for the fronts for now..

Yeah, I had these mirrors on for a while, they're just so small and black so they barely show up on pictures lol. I love them, though.

Can't wait to get the front bushings on and have it aligned!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power treeafodo's Avatar
    Drives
    a rustbucket.
    Thanks Given
    I can see the bond you have with your car, this is a proper build thread if you ask me. Keep it up, subscribed!
    Austin.
    Lexy (Little Hobo) - Transforming from Wreck to Race Car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Your priorities seem a bit messed up to me, although that's because I try to get my lap times to decrease.

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    ^ Thank you good sir. It's a love and hate and love again affair with this car.... It's been good to me, though (for the most part)

I just ordered a pair of Azenis RT615K from discount tire direct for a great price!
    I also have a few things in the mail that I can't wait to throw on!

1.6 stage two clutch
    Fujitsubo header

I just need time off work so I can finish installing my damn Front bushings and get it aligned!!!

Drives
    Chaste White 96 NA
    Thanks Given
    I commend you for sticking with your car through all of the ups and downs. I am also pretty impressed that you are able to do the timing belt/water pump job yourself. People say its easy with the manual and all, but I definitely do not have the confidence to do that sort of job.

I am still running on Tokico blues with racing beat springs and I have been keeping an eye out for new suspension. I've considered Tein flex's or Mono flex's just cause I hear how comfortable they are, but I also hear that if you are gonna pay for Mono's might as well just get Xida's... hell I dunno I guess I need to get something for my needs, so we'll see!

Either way, I love the progress so far and I am awaiting your next update. Hopefully it'll involve the engine rebuild and ITB installation! (Wish they were legal in CA).

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Wow, I never saw this thread before now. What a story! I am amazed the merlot beauty at the end is the same car.

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Willywongka View Post
    I commend you for sticking with your car through all of the ups and downs. I am also pretty impressed that you are able to do the timing belt/water pump job yourself. People say its easy with the manual and all, but I definitely do not have the confidence to do that sort of job.

I am still running on Tokico blues with racing beat springs and I have been keeping an eye out for new suspension. I've considered Tein flex's or Mono flex's just cause I hear how comfortable they are, but I also hear that if you are gonna pay for Mono's might as well just get Xida's... hell I dunno I guess I need to get something for my needs, so we'll see!

Either way, I love the progress so far and I am awaiting your next update. Hopefully it'll involve the engine rebuild and ITB installation! (Wish they were legal in CA).
    I was | | < that close to giving up parting the car out and starting again with another chassis. The Crash damage wasn't too bad and I had already fallen in love with the car to just jump into another, I'm glad I stayed with the car cause it gave me a chance to get it painted up as well

I'm sure the Tokicos are comfy with RB springs and some bump stops haha. I didn't have bumpstops installed in mine so the ride barely bottomed out, but when it did it sucked bad... Handled decently, but bumps really upset the car when driving quickly.. I'm okay with the Bilsteins for now, but in the future when money isn't so tight I wanna upgrade to either Rspeeds fortune 510's or to FCM Elite suspension.

My engine build has been really slow cause the shop has so many projects, but I should be getting updates sooner or later (hopefully sooner, haha) Thanks for checking the thread out!

Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Wow, I never saw this thread before now. What a story! I am amazed the merlot beauty at the end is the same car.
    Thanks for checking it out haha, I too look back and i sometimes forget how the car started out and what it looks like now. I'm pretty happy with myself, and my friends who've helped me with installations and work. I've really forged friendships due partly to this car, and the Roadster community and I'm pretty happy about that!

So far (i'll take pics/post when I get a chance) I've received my Falken Azenis RT615k's (a pair for the front)
    I got the clutch kit I purchased from someone on here as well. Turns out it's an "E Clutch Master" Brand stage 2 clutch..
    I think I'm gonna end up using the 6 puck ceramic disk that it came with, but I'm gonna splurge on a Spec Clutch Aluminum Light weight pressure plate to free some lbs in the clutch assembly. It's gonna be paired with the F1 Chromoly fly wheel so I'll weigh it before it goes in and hopefully it'll be nice and light..

My friend and I installed the ES Poly bushings in the front end of the car, and I removed the Helper springs that I had threw on the car when I installed the Bilsteins. It got my ride height nice and low once again
    but then I found all my ball joint boots are pretty much useless so I'm gonna dump more money into R-Package Tie-Rods and some sort of upper ball joint replacement (Still weighing my options)

I'm gonna get my car aligned in an hour so I'll post up pre and post Alignment numbers as well. I'm gonna see if the tech will set it close to 949 street alignment specs

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given

Before Settings:

Left Front Right Front
    -1.5 Camber -0.6 Camber
    5.7 Caster 5.0 Caster
    -0.47 Toe -0.42 Toe

Left Rear Right Rear
    -1.8 Camber -2.4 Camber
    0.4 Toe 0.13 Toe

After Settings:

Left Front Right Front
    -1.7 Camber -1.7 Camber
    5.6 Caster 5.3 Caster
    -0.01 Toe -0.02 Toe

Left Rear Right Rear
    -1.8 Camber -2.0 Camber
    -0.02 Toe -0.02 Toe

Rear camber settings couldn't go lower (Less negative then the front) unfortunately. It tracks straight now too! For some reason it feels more prone to under steer now. It started raining when I left the shop, and i had an "Oh SHIT" moment about to leave the off ramp where the fronts just lost grip, I was headed for some stupid plastic poles but the front regained traction at the last moment so I saved it

I'm gonna mount these puppys soon too;

Either way, I'm happy. I just need to order my tie-rods and ball joints, Once I have those I plan on taking my car to a shop called Breathless performance to get the car corner weighted and set up for me

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    I didn't do a burn out like I said I was gonna.

But with the tires mounted I've really fallen in love with the car again.
    I've had the chance to drive around some back roads and with my suspension and alignment set-up I could really make the car do just what I want. Handles very nicely and I could make the rear step out with the throttle now, and when it comes back it does so very smoothly and predictably as well. I just wish Miami had better driving roads haha. The Azenis at the front also gave my car a much higher limit to explore than when I previously had the Ziex 512's all around. I used to drive pretty quickly around corners and the tires would just howl at the limit, but I've yet to break the front tires loose and I still have more room to go faster.

Just some Random pictures of my car Sorry for the crappy cell phone shots:

I also finally got my Fujitsubo 4-2-1 Header! I don't know of anyone else using this header. I can't wait to throw it on.

And no pictures, but I also got my Blue printed wheel hubs from 5x Racing. The turn around time was very quick, and they maintained good communication with me Once I throw them on I'll hopefully feel and hear a difference cause mine make noise at times.

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Got the header installed with my friend! Blocked the EGR on the intake manifold and now it sounds amazingggg. I really love it. Seat of the pants dyno feels the mid range is a lot stronger than before. My exhaust also got a bit quieter but a lot more bassy and deeper. The ITB's should be awesome paired with this.

I've also been doing some shopping.

SS brake lines
    Motul RBF600
    949 Racing Anodized Grey valve stems
    And some wheels

I still need to spend the time to Change the Wheel bearings, install the brake lines and get the new fluid in there. I also wanna paint the brake calipers as well.

a little teaser:

Can't wait to get these on

Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given

I love these.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast