Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: The Slow Pursuit of Vintage.

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    My daughter would love to play this game. I'll show her the game tonight online.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    Nice to see some other game players in the group. I used to play a bit, but slowed down a lot after college. I just got my 7 year old into playing Zombies! That one is pretty fun as well.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I've always enjoyed board games. But it was like pulling hens teeth to get my family to play one with me. I love that social interaction aspect of board games and watching natures you never knew your friends and family had come out. Grandma could be a cutthroat, and you may have never known until that one game of parcheeesi when she ruthlessly kept sending you back to start.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 850 Posts
    You get into any card games like Munchkin or Cards against humanity. CAH is a great hanging out and drinking game.

Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    CAH has to be one of the cleverest, raunchiest, most vile, and hilarious card games ever created. I am always up for playing it. But it really needs the expansions to keep things fresh. I tried Munchkin with a friend once. Neither of us had ever played it before, so we were kind of trying to figure it out as we went along. We had to cut it short and didn't finish. Wouldn't mind trying it again, if for no other reason than to get a solid understanding of the rules and how to play.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! AutOtaku's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 White "ShiroNeko"/Kotomi-Chan
    Thanks Given
    Dude im sooooo jealous of your tails and cant wait to see them when you come to raleigh again
    Also, im very interested on that pic on (i think) page4 with that wall of what looked like anime haha

Last edited by WASABI; 04-18-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    1990 Honda CRX Si ~ Current DD
    1990 Mazda Miata ~ Current Project (FREE!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 VW Jetta GLX VR6- Interim while Speed6 was repaired~ Sold
    2006 MazdaSpeed 6- Engine Blown, then replaced ~ Sold (Good riddance)
    1996 Mazda Miata C-Package- "ShiroNeko"~ RIP
    1991 Honda CRX B18A1 Swap- "RedPanda"~RIP
    1993 Honda Civic Si hatch- "Suki"~Sold
    1971 Ford Maverick Grabber- "Trixie"~Never for sale

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutOtaku For This Useful Post:

JamieH (04-18-2014),WASABI (04-18-2014)

Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, I thought you might like anime. What, with the name choice and evil little bastard that is Kyubey as an avatar.

Here's an imgur album showing my anime collection.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

AutOtaku (04-18-2014),WASABI (04-18-2014)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    My daughter and I have been playing this game for a few years now. It's called Khet and it's similar to chess. You use mirrors on pieces to reflect a laser to take down the "king".

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! AutOtaku's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 White "ShiroNeko"/Kotomi-Chan
    Thanks Given
    You my friend have made me jealous again haha i wouldnt see the sunlight for days if i was in that room
    1990 Honda CRX Si ~ Current DD
    1990 Mazda Miata ~ Current Project (FREE!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 VW Jetta GLX VR6- Interim while Speed6 was repaired~ Sold
    2006 MazdaSpeed 6- Engine Blown, then replaced ~ Sold (Good riddance)
    1996 Mazda Miata C-Package- "ShiroNeko"~ RIP
    1991 Honda CRX B18A1 Swap- "RedPanda"~RIP
    1993 Honda Civic Si hatch- "Suki"~Sold
    1971 Ford Maverick Grabber- "Trixie"~Never for sale

Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    I had been looking to replace the tire iron that came with Betty from the previous owner since I got her. The factory iron doesn't work with the acorn lugs for the Chapparrals. While the 4-way lug wrench works, it takes up entirely too much space in the trunk and can not be easily stored and kept from moving around. As you can see, it's just not the best choice.

So after checking all the local parts store and only turning up those folding 4-way lug wrenches I turned to the internet. Lo and behold, I found my solution. Cusco Racing makes what they call a low profile wrench. And it is indeed that, but so much more.

OK, lets get it out of the bag.

Doesn't look like much, and it isn't, but it's quite cleverly and simply designed.

Just two pieces. I honestly don't know why other manufactures haven't copied this design already.

One piece is a blue, hollow tube with a 21mm socket at one end and 19mm socket on the other. There's two hex shaped holes in the hollow piece, one in the middle, and the other at the 19mm end. These allow the other piece, a chrome plated, solid, hex shaped bar with a 17mm socket on one end, to slide into the hollow piece and make your typical 4-way.

Or, maybe you rather have a speed T.

There's small ball notches in the hex bar like you would find on the drive end of a ratchet that help to keep the bar in place instead of sliding back and forth. Also, there is an O-ring on the solid hex bar at the 17mm end to keep it snuggly in place when stored in the hollow piece. Currently, my only complaint is that there's not a hex hole at the 21mm end. This is because the acorn lugs I have are 19mm and this doesn't allow me to use the speed T setup if I wanted. But it's a minor complaint. The next pic easily makes up for this short coming.

That's right, it fits under the carpet on top of the stock scissor jack. This was a complete surprise, I was already thinking about other means of securing it. But finding this out makes it even better than I had planned. It just does fit too, so it's not going to be moving around much, if any at all. Keeping it in the bag for storage will insulate it and keep it from making any metal on metal clanking/knocking/rattling noises from any vibrations while driving. Here, we see it is completely concealed in the jack compartment under the carpet.

As for where you may be able to get one for yourself, I bought mine off ebay. Rev9 also sells them. I can understand feeling that it's a bit much for a lug wrench. But it's a very solid and quality piece. And considering it fits so nicely in the jack compartment, it's a very good, if not the best, lug wrench option other than stock for a Miata's small trunk.
    Last edited by JamieH; 04-22-2014 at 07:09 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

revlimiter (04-22-2014),Slampen (04-23-2014),WASABI (04-22-2014)

Thanks Given
    I may have to invest in one of those, thanks for sharing that!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Awesome tip for the lug wrench!

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Holy crap. I need that.

Idling - Listen to it purr... mx5driver's Avatar
    Drives
    smurf 91
    Thanks Given
    Beautiful Miata! BTW, For my last emergency tire change, I used a AAA card.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mx5driver For This Useful Post:

JamieH (04-29-2014),WASABI (04-27-2014)

Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Alright, I've wanted to stay quiet about this until it was resolved and I had something in my hands. I am happy to report that Max at Rev9 and those at Sazaire understand what customer service is about.

See, I had ordered the Sazaire Dress Up kit from Rev9 along with the GV kit to take advantage of the free shipping on smaller items that would fit in the box with the GV kit when it shipped. Now, I had already got my hands on a partial Sazaire kit and installed most of it. But I waited on installing the odometer button cover until I could get my hands on a KG Works/RS Products meter panel, yet in that time I misplaced the odometer button cover. So I just said to hell with it, I'd order another and sell the pieces I didn't use. Turns out though, that Sazaire doesn't make a key hole cover for the US NA8 glove box. I learned this after inquiring to Rev9 if there had been a mix up and if I was sent a center console key hole cover instead of the glove box one. Well, they're the same piece. Sazaire said they had never encountered this problem before. I'm guessing since the JDM cars never got the NA8 dash is why. So, it was completely understandable this was news to them. The key hole/lock for the US NA8 dash is larger than the original NA6 dash.

So, what did they do? They asked for pics of what I was talking about. Then once they saw what the issue was, they asked for a measurement of the key hole cover for my glove box. At no charge to me, Sazaire made not 1, but 2, key hole covers. One thin the other thick. I am thoroughly impressed with Rev9 and Sazaire with how they have handled this. On to pics.

Here, we can see the glove box/center console key hole cover Sazaire makes is too small for the US NA8 dash.

And here's what Sazaire sent to me to resolve this small issue.

Close ups showing the different thicknesses.

As far as I know, these are the only key hole covers Sazaire has ever made for the US NA8 dash. As I had been informed and said above, Sazaire had never encountered this problem before. I went with the thin one as it sits flush with the glove box. So, I guess this tiny little piece of aluminum is the rarest item in Betty, heh.

Close up:

New part, so a pic of the entire interior. Even if it's something as small and minor as this, I don't need much of an excuse to take bad pictures of Betty. And really, details, details, details.

It took a little bit of time, but patience with these kinds of things really helps. Again, Thanks to Max at Rev9 and those at Sazaire for taking care of this so nicely.

So, if you order a Sazaire Dress Up kit from Rev9 and you have an US NA8 dash, you may want to ask about the glove box key hole cover.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

Slampen (05-02-2014),WASABI (04-29-2014)

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast