Thread: The Slow Pursuit of Vintage.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    I appreciate the sentiment, Martin. I may be getting one from Alex, aka Scratch 'n Sniff. My friend has gone over to Alex's and I told him to check for a good one for me.

So, today was a good day. Saw some cool cars at the Morrisville C&C, saw some familiar faces from the forums, saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2, overall a good time.

But (always one, right?), on the way there this morning I heard what sounded like a rock smacking the hell out of my windshield. I looked and didn't see anything, so I thought I got lucky. Nope.

Saw that on my way back east after leaving the Southpoint mall after lunch. A crack in the windshield around 4" long. FML. So either it happened when what hit the glass made contact, or cracked laterafter the C&C.

Already stopped by the local Mazda dealer to get a printed quote for a new OEM windshield, $600+. Plan to call State Farm Monday.

On the brighter side of things, I had a V8 body guard detail today thanks to some friends.

Last edited by JamieH; 05-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JamieH For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (05-06-2017),HarryB (05-07-2017),MiataQuest (05-12-2017),tsingson (05-06-2017)