Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC Miata buying guide

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Want to elaborate about the keyless feature?
    The keyless feature is a key that is credit card sized that you keep in your pocket at all times. You never remove it and the car senses how close you are to to car. If you are on the driver side and press the door handle button once it opens the driver door. If you press it twice quickly it open both doors. If the car is open and you press it once it locks the car. If you keep the card in your pocket when you go to start the car there is a dummy key that is not really a key that stay in the car at all times.
    Opening the trunk is the same way. Just put the key in your wallet and you are good to go if you always have your wallet.

Some settings have it auto lock after 30 seconds out of range and some never auto lock. You can take the car to the dealer to enable that feature.

Ideally you never need to fumble for the key.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (03-14-2014),rebeljohn (05-27-2014)

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    I drove a friends 2006 NC with Intake, Header, Exhaust and Clutch upgrades, and wow! Did it ever put a smile on my face!! It drove so nice, the suspension was awesome even stock, no rattles, you don't feel paint lines in the road, and the acceleration just feels so much faster than the NA.

but im still keeping my NA, nothing but love for the "Original"
    I am in the exact same boat with my dads car. Man is it comfortable and precise. I never have scrapping issues and the stereo is nice too. Low end power is phenomenal compared to my measly 1.6. Now I want a turbo for my 1.6

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (03-14-2014)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I gotta sit in an NC and a BRZ/FRS to compare the two. I am leaning towards the NC2 (09-11).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

TimTim (03-15-2014),WASABI (03-15-2014)

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    I was surprised how well the nc seats held me in at the seat bottom. Now keep in mind when I was comparing the nc I was comparing it to my current miata in every aspect as opposed to a new car which it was. Had 10,000 miles when we got it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

WASABI (03-15-2014)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    I gotta sit in an NC and a BRZ/FRS to compare the two. I am leaning towards the NC2 (09-11).

hey... hey .....woah..... slow down there chief, we are not talking about no stinking BRZ stuff, the title of this thread is the NC Buying Guide

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

etikoner (05-29-2014)

Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Maybe it is just me but the nc and brz are two entirely different cars with completely different target consumers. The NC is just a more modern miata with slightly more power and comfort but it is true to the roadster.

The BRZ/FRS is targeted toward the typical people that would normally buy a hyundai genesis coupe. They are the same people that the hampster commercial appeals to.

The target point of the miata is the roof. If you would ever consider getting a different car because you do not care for the roof, then the miata is not for you.
    Am I making broad generalizations, of course.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (03-14-2014),WASABI (03-15-2014)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I disagree, but let's stay with on the topic of the NC buying guide.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

etikoner (09-27-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    I have an NC3 Club in my sights! It will be my next big purchase, after I buy house, here in the North Pole by the Rockies.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Driver For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (03-18-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! TimTim's Avatar
    Drives
    2007 Yaris Eco-Slush
    Thanks Given

NC buying guide

I just spent 3 days in an frs with urethane bushings in the suspension and rear end. It was a ton of fun and the roof was very appealing along with the extremely fantastic seats and center mounted tach. The boxer engine has a completely different vibe that is obvious from the first firing. Is it better? I have no idea. However, lot of the items/attributes generally "wished for" on the speculative threads for the ND, the frs/brz already contains.

I will say I had flipping blast driving around in a fixed roof coupe with fantastic seats, a center mounted tach, six well spaced gears, a Torsen, and tires that like to talk back at the 200 hp available. Please drive one at the next opportunity!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    I have an NC3 Club in my sights! It will be my next big purchase, after I buy house, here in the North Pole by the Rockies.

Liked!

Idling - Listen to it purr... rebeljohn's Avatar
    Drives
    2014 Grand Touring, 6speed, zeal red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The keyless feature is a key that is credit card sized that you keep in your pocket at all times. You never remove it and the car senses how close you are to to car. If you are on the driver side and press the door handle button once it opens the driver door. If you press it twice quickly it open both doors. If the car is open and you press it once it locks the car. If you keep the card in your pocket when you go to start the car there is a dummy key that is not really a key that stay in the car at all times.
    Opening the trunk is the same way. Just put the key in your wallet and you are good to go if you always have your wallet.

Some settings have it auto lock after 30 seconds out of range and some never auto lock. You can take the car to the dealer to enable that feature.

Ideally you never need to fumble for the key.

This feature was on the 2014 GT I bought last week. LOVE IT!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rebeljohn For This Useful Post:

The Driver (05-28-2014)

Idling - Listen to it purr... MEOrdonez73's Avatar
    Drives
    a 2014 Black Miata MX-5 GT
    Thanks Given
    I am extremely happy with my 2014 MX-5 GT 6speed manual. It took me a few days to get use to the keyless dongle, I had to learn that I didn't have to press the lock button everytime I parked it. It took a few tries to locate the trunk switch and didn't have to press the open trunk button on the dongle. I did have a scare when the dongle fell out of my pocket at a restaurant and I couldn't open the doors and discovered I lost the dongle. So now I make sure that it is in a pocket I can zip or button down the flap. Otherwise I would have to call my wife to bring me her dongle.P4222181.jpg

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    I saw a nicely modded NC at the auto X last year. With a Nice set of RPF1's and grippy tires, Ohlins dampers, and Roadstersport super light exhaust man that car was ripping it up! Sounded so nice, and it was flat out hauling ass around the course. I do love the NC2 front end over the NC1 but the NC1 is cheap enough that you can just do a front bumper/ light swap. lol

I've had the chance to drive an FRS recently, and I must say they are very nice cars. Not much torque under 3k, and I didn't really get to push the car either, but I do like it.

I say just go out and test drive what you really want and make the decision based on that, hah.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Tkblazer's Avatar
    Drives
    Black 94
    Thanks Given
    man i've been really wanting an NC lately.. I let my coworker test drive my NA and he threw out a 6k offer for my car. Decisions, decisions

Drives
    LFX ND
    Thanks Given
    Sell it. You can get a NC for $6k in Florida

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast