Thread: FS: 1992 Mega-Monster V8 Miata Sunburst Yellow (Supercharged) - No Longer Available

Stalled - Fire it up! Pony Power's Avatar
    Drives
    1992 Sunburst Yellow Monster Miata
    Thanks Given

FS: 1992 Mega-Monster V8 Miata Sunburst Yellow (Supercharged) - No Longer Available

FS: 1992 Mega-Monster V8 Miata Sunburst Yellow (Supercharged)

Less than 2,000 ORIGINAL MILES! Limited Edition 1 of only 275 made!

Custom Built by Martin Wilson (Owner) of Monster Motorsports (California)

This 1992 Mazda Miata MX5 MEGA MONSTER 5.0L SUPERCHARGED is ultra-rare, and was built by Monster Motorsports in Escondido, CA. The transformation of the Miata began with a complete tear down to the frame to strengthen it. With custom fabricated engine and transmission mounts, as well as an array of chassis reinforcements.

Performance, this Mega Monster Miata will run 0-60mph in a scant 3.9 seconds, and runs the quarter mile in only 12.2 seconds @ 118 mph and topping out at 175 mph.

The engine bay was then fitted with a Supercharged 5.0L EFI Ford V8 Engine. The Kenne Bell (polished) Whipple Supercharger provides 6.5 PSI of boost to lift the power to 400hp/375tq.

The transmission was replaced with a Ford T5 World Class 5-speed Manual Transmission in order to handle the added horsepower. Other upgrades include suspension from a Mazda RX7 R1, 5-Lug hubs, uprights, and spindles. The double wishbone suspension maintains a solid and level footprint on the road, and includes upgraded forged aluminum A-Arms, gas-charged shocks, custom rate springs, and oversized front and rear sway bars with high performance nylon bushing. A heavy-duty Ford Limited-Slip Differential was also installed in order to keep unwanted traction loss to a minimum.

This Monster Miata also features improved brakes from the Mazda RX7-R1, with larger brake rotors, and calipers. The exterior of this Mega-Monster Miata also received some custom wide body flares and aerodynamics which include a fiberglass front bumper cover with enlarged cooling area, intake, integrated pop up headlights, and extra driving lights in the bumper. Monster Motorsports Exclusive FRP front and rear fender flares, and quarter panels, rear valance, with custom center exit exhaust. The exhaust is a stainless steel cat-back dual system. .

Other body enhancements include a rear high raised deck-lid wing, a factory aluminum hood that has been louvered, bulged, and braced to allow for better cooling, and engine breathing. A soft top convertible and removable hardtop roof, and DOT-Approved Monster Miata 4-Point Rollbar for added safety, and body strengthening.

The interior features Monster Motorsports black leather seating, custom match & stitched leather door panels, and boost gauge.

Please view my photos and explore the inside and out of this car, it is a show stopper like none other!! These cars have also been featured in various Road&Track magazines, Serious inquiries only.

List Date: 4/8/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 1992 Mega-Monster V8 Miata Sunburst Yellow (Supercharged)
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Very Nice Roadster, I have seen posters of this one!!! Low low miles, I bet this is a blast to drive!!!!!!!

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    At first I thought it was $3,300 and I was breaking out my emergency credit card from the safe.

No todo que es oro brilla.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

The Driver (04-08-2014),tsingson (04-08-2014),WASABI (04-14-2014)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    That is one gorgeous roadster!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    wow super sexy!!!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Cxmoney's Avatar
    Drives
    A White Miata
    Thanks Given
    sell me those 5 lug conversion setups. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    The red is sexy as hell. Would hate to be walking around the car admiring the interior only to see a tan dash. Kinda like seeing a hot chick and finding a dick in the middle.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given
    This is one of the few original Martin's Megamonsters... The supercharged car's were tested by one of the buff books in the early 90's and got sub 4.0 second 0-60 times. Like 3.6 seconds I believe. Lamborghini performance at the price of a new Honda. Unfortunate that the owner didn't get to enjoy it more.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldgrayfrog For This Useful Post:

WASABI (04-14-2014)