Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My DD evo orange NB6

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power George's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given

My DD evo orange NB6

So I guess I can make a build thread for my other Miata as well... I got it on Semptember 6th 2008 from nearby car dealer. It was advertised as in top condition, strong engine etc... well the reality was quite different, but I found that out later. And what got me into Miatas? Coincidence... I had some money saved for a car and was searching through ads when I saw this one and fell in love with it.

This is what it looked like when I first got it... it had Alessio F1 17x7,5 +40 with bold Goodyear eagle F1, shitty steeering wheel, shitty chrome accents in&out and Honda CBR silencer...

winter came early that year and so I changed the 17" to steelies, yeah with wheel covers lol... but they actually weighed less than the Alessios

Next step were OEM 16" wheels, blacked out headlights...

and OEM trunk lip

Then I got a totaled 2003 Shinsen FL for spare parts sometimes in June 2009... I used many things from it on my car, since I had torn top, cracked center console and dash and filthy carpets. I've also used the OEM tower brace

two months later, I got my first NA and the NB got on backburner...

the engine was burning oil and coolant so I started a tear down in April 2010

I've also blocked the EGR during the procesc (somebody aparently messed with it earlier)

once i got the interior out, I've found out the drivers floor was cut out and rewelded... this and other things led me to conclusion this cor got in a serious accident at some time... there's a notch in the firewall, rewelded floor, crushed chasis around headlights, the top doesn't fit straight and I can't use HT, because it can't be latched on the window frame...

I've threw out the defunct A/C and some other junk from engine bay and cut/painted the valve cover

I also got a Nardi wheel at the time and was experimenting with seats... Until now, I had two Nardi wheels, one Momo, one Sparco and now I have a noname d-cut wheel. Seat-vise I've gone through Cobra clubman, Recaro profi SPG and Bride leather recliner... and ended with stock seats wit cut foam...

The 16" were sold by the time I finished the engine and I got 15" Work RS-ß and V-MAXXXXXXCXCYCYSCYXCYDWEFC coilovers

Then the cur run fine untill the winter of 2010 when I found a coolant leak on the back of the head... so I did a coolant reroute

_MG_2473 by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

and bought ULTRA 8mm HT leads

_MG_2893 by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

friend of mine bought the works sometimes in spring 2011 and I've rocked steelies most of the time that year. Then I got 15" Eta Beta Lucy wheels... I had them two weeks when one tire blew up and they went up for sale...

_MG_4281 by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    I wanted new exhaust, cause I've dumped the CBR one for stock item... and friend of mine was selling his custom exhaust with Apexi N1 muffler... I still have it, but stored in a shed because the custom piece of crap didn't fit and was hitting rear tow hook and subframe braces... so now IĻm back with the OEM (the sitcker is there mostly because paint started flaking)

_MG_4272 by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

And we're closing in to the latest change I made... I threw out the ugly shift knob and made a stainless steel one as well as independent gauge rings since my clear cover was scratched badly... the only other addition was a subframe bracing from the late NBFl models

NB interior by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

This is how the car sits now... I got OEM 15" wheels for summer and small side skirts along with rear mudflaps and painted both black

_MG_4466 by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    oh yeah and i forgot I've just ordered replacement filter for the autoexe intake I got last year... can't wait to install it!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! XCLR8TN's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG Miata, 1991 White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Pics of CBR muffler on the car? How'd it sound?
    *Jess*
    1991 White Mazda Miata
    1991 BRG Mazda Miata LS6 swap coming soon (getting close!)

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    it had a tip welded to it, so you couldn't see it... here's a shot

and i have only this video... the engine was burning almost every fluid there is in the car back then lol

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    So I've finaly got the replacement filter for my autoexe intake! Only bad thing is it interferes with my coolant reroute, but I'll find a solution for this sometimes next week

before

after

Idling - Listen to it purr... Zed CZ's Avatar
    Drives
    '97 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Nice, keep going!

Btw: didn't even know about the floor and the others "czechmade" things, that sux pretty hard!
    But on the other hand .. you are saving her and making nicer, it has to appreciated
    charged beauty - Miata simply begs to be driven hard!

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    thanks... you don't know about many fuck ups this car had from the previous owner... I don't even remember all of them myself

anyway, tried to capture sound of the intake on my cell phone... it sounds better in person!

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    not much new... just got roadster mats for it and put on the summer wheels with Yokohama AVS v102 in 205/50

Roadster floor mats by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

car wash by GeorgeCZ, on Flickr

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Always liked this car! It's a shame to find all that hidden damage, but good to see you're breathing some life back into it.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    thanks, I'm trying to bring it back to life, but it's hard since the car still refuses to work properly... I've changed valve cover gasket, put the sealant on all the recomended spots, tighted the bolts in proper order to proper torque and it started leaking two months later... I've changed all the cooling system gaskets as I did a reroute, torqued all the bolts on head properly, sealed all hoses and it started leaking coolant somewhere on the back of the head three months later

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Dang, that stinks. I swear sometimes that my car wants to die. It's always little stuff here and there, but it's always shortly after fixing something else. I also need to get a new valve cover gasket. Mine's leaking a bit out the back.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    well... car decided it wasn't giving me enough trouble and the clutch slave cylinder gave up...

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Yeah mine went last year... on the highway haha. How many miles were on it when yours went out?
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    '98 Evolution orange NB6
    Thanks Given
    considering it was probably the original one, it did 105k miles

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast