Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you do to your NB today 2014?

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Warhammer's Avatar
    Drives
    White 2003 LS
    Thanks Given
    I did a quick and cheap visor delete using Nissan door panel retainers. They cost about $5 for a 4-pack at AutoZone. I know the commercially made blanking plates are cheap, but this is even cheaper and I didn't have to wait to get them in the mail.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warhammer For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (08-05-2014),tsingson (08-06-2014)

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Crossusn's Avatar
    Drives
    2000 green
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Installed new Teflon window guides with Demoniam (Tony). Of course, no pics with it being pretty damn hot out there. My old ones were not broken but looked like they were getting ready to. Cleaned and greased up the slides and now it works like butter. Best $20 I have spent.
    OOO lets do mine too! Where did you order them from?
    2000 green ls
    Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
    DDM led bits
    OMP Corsica 330
    15x9 Advanti Storm S1
    225/45 BFG Rivals

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    New o2, new plugs, cleaned the AFM, mounted the carbon miata monster wing side winglets.

Mod Squad
    Drives
    2016 Ceramic GT
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossusn View Post
    These are probably the best:
    http://roadstertech.net/Our-Products...des/index.php/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin For This Useful Post:

tsingson (08-06-2014),Warhammer (08-10-2014)

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossusn View Post
    Got mine from Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Rick puts out a great product! This is where you want to get your from. Let me know when you get some in and I can help you do yours. I still have a lot of grease.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Warhammer's Avatar
    Drives
    White 2003 LS
    Thanks Given
    I started to install the new top today. The old top was pretty thrashed, with spots that were worn through along both sides, and no back glass. (The glass was falling out when I bought the car, so I just cut it out the rest of the way.) The PO told me that he couldn't understand why the top lasted such a short time, when he pressure washed it regularly to keep it clean.

I say that I "started" the install because it turns out that I need new tension cables, so I couldn't finish the job today. The cables have been ordered, so I'll have to wait until next week to finish. So, I completed the removal of the old top, and then dove into giving the interior a solid cleaning.

With the top out, I cleaned the rear deck (which was already surprisingly clean) and made sure the rain drains were clear (which they were).

Since the seats were already out, I gave them a good cleaning with leather cleaner and conditioned the leather. Man! This may have been the first time these seats have been cleaned! The difference is incredible. While I was at it, I cleaned and conditioned the steering wheel, too. The finish is pretty rough, so I think I'll order a sew-on perforated leather steering wheel cover. I just have to decide if I want to stick with all black, or do a black/tan two-tone cover.

Next, I removed the center console and scrubbed the heck out of it with Simple Green and hot water. It was FILTHY, especially the cup holders, but it's as clean as new, now. While I had the console off, I noticed that the inner shifter boot was pretty torn up. Oh well... perfect excuse to order a short shifter kit from Moss Miata. :thumbs:

The rest of the interior plastics, dash, door panels, door sills, etc... all got the Simple Green treatment, too.

I soaked the seat belts in scalding hot water with Simple Green then power washed them to rinse out all the soap. It was amazing how much grime came out of them.

The carpet got a crazy vacuuming! Apparently, one of the POs had a white, short-haired dog... Dang that fur is HARD to vacuum up!!! After a couple hours of vacuuming, I spot treated and cleaned every inch of the carpet. There were some spots from spilled cola on the passenger side, but they came right out. It looks almost new, now.

I cleaned out the trunk and re-riveted the little plastic support to the tire cover panel, so now it doesn't rock around and come out of place. I'm debating whether to keep the spare tire of just replace it with a can of fix-a-flat.

I removed the rear view mirror until I can figure out if I want to mount it on the dash or remount it at the bottom of the windshield. I love the increase forward vision by getting it out of my line of sight. Besides, with the double diagonal roll bar, you can't see much behind you with the mirror in its original position. I learned to drive in my Dad's 1966 Volvo 1800S, and I always loved the dash-mounted mirror in that car. I am sorely tempted to reinforce the underside of the dash and mount an auto-dimming mirror. Until I decide what to do, no rear view mirror is actually an improvement.

Finally, I cleaned under the hood with Gunk and then let the car idle to dry out while I re-installed the seats. Then, of course, I had to take it our for a short spin since it's such a nice night here in Austin.

Oh, I also ordered a 2004 MazdaSpeed stereo from e-bay. This will allow me to add rear speakers without resorting to an after-market head unit. (After I had my 3rd after-market stereo stolen from a car, I swore that I would never again have anything other than a factory head unit in a car.) Besides, I've already gotten in the habit of not leaving anything in the Miata and just leaving it unlocked. It's cheaper than replacing a soft top after some idiot cuts his way in with a pocket knife.

Tomorrow, I'm going to fix the HIDs the PO installed by adding a wiring harness. (He just plugged them into the OEM sockets.) I'll also see if I can find the leak in the AC system so I can get whatever parts I need to fix it. If I have time, I might polish the headlight lenses, too.

There's so much more to do to this little car... Dang it's fun!!!

Idling - Listen to it purr... moggollon22's Avatar
    Drives
    a Black 2004 Miata LS
    Thanks Given
    Since my last post I've installed/completed the following: lowered the car with a FM V-Maxx XXtreme sport suspension kit, replaced the original exhaust system with a FM exhaust kit including a Racing Beat 4-into-one header and FM 2.25" stainless cat and high flow muffler, replaced the stock intake with a K&N intake and filter system, changed the timing belt, plugs,water pump, thermostat, drive belts ,and switched to synthetic oil. Next is a roll bar. I just ordered a Hard Dog deuce in black. Then I will fix a small thing that has been bothering me since I first drove the car home in February. The speedometer reads 4-5 miles per hour fast at highway speeds and yes my tires are a standard diameter. I've ordered a Speed Rite speedometer calibrator from a Canadian company that will allow me to introduce an adjustable correction factor between the signal source and the E.C.U. It seems like a deal at $120 and I'll be able to re-calibrate if I change wheel/tire size in the future just by flipping a few switches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123