Thread: Review: Raceland Luggage Rack

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given

Review: Raceland Luggage Rack

I bought a raceland luggage rack second hand at the last All Florida Meet.

The luggage rack is stainless steel and it attaches at the back and front of the trunk. It has a lip that goes over the front and back edge and then a hex bolt is used to tighten it on there so it will not fall off.

Overall construction wise it is pretty nice. I have had 0 problems. I did have a missing piece problem so I contacted race land and they had fantastic customer support and they shipped me my part in a very timely manner. I would definitely do business with them again (only for a luggage rack).

I have taken the luggage rack to miatas at the gap with luggage attached to it and it held up nicely.

I would rate the rack a 10 out of 10 simply because it is made out of stainless steel so rust is not an issue and it really is a install it and forget about it item. It also makes the car look cool.

Here is a picture of the item installed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-22-2014),tsingson (05-22-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Bummer's Avatar
    Drives
    '93 Red, VVT, Haltech, Xida 6ULx9
    Thanks Given
    It's funny how differently people see things. I have the same rack. It is solidly built, and works very well for its designed purpose. I used it on a camping vacation touring the backroads of West Virginia, and it was very stable and sturdy. However, the way it straps down put scratches in my trunk lid. I wouldn't use it on a car with very nice paint. Mine has been sitting on a shelf in my garage for four or five years.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Andy's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White 1992
    Thanks Given
    Mine also scratched my paint a little but not to the metal. At the end of the day I had to ask myself what I liked more and I liked the luggage rack more. I have no plans to take it off.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    I wonder if adding a fresh piece of single-sided foam tape (fresh piece every time you put it on) would help keep the paint safe. I have been meaning to get one of these for a while.