Thread: Review: FM Frame Rails

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch
    Drives
    96 na base model
    Thanks Given
    I may be able to help with this. I just recently installed the FM frame rails on my 96 and the difference is noticeable but not earth shattering by any means. Like the OP said, the rails don't make the car handle any better but it makes everything a little more predictable as more of the body movement is being absorbed in the suspension as opposed to the flex of the body. My SO loves them however. I had a lot of small buzzes and creaks in the car and the frame rails eliminated most of them, much more pleasent driving around town now.

Install was pretty easy, but I do all of my own work on my miata and my other cars. It took about 3 hours I would guess over the course of two evenings after work. No Butterfly for me. I couldn't justify the added cost and was worried that it could get ripped off or damaged if I were to run over anything significant (4.5" from pinch to ground).

Not sure if I would weld it to the car as you would then need to coat the welds to ensure no rusting would occur there. Also removing all of the undercoat on the stock rails would take a lot of time and effort. Removing the interior is pretty simple and should't be a deterrent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:

Bruce (05-30-2015)