Thread: fwdtamiya Tries to Ruin Another NA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts

fwdtamiya Tries to Ruin Another NA

If I had to name it I think it's going to be hatchi-go. Maybe I can rename it Hatchin one day, but as it stands I've pretty much decided on Hachi-go, since the car probably only makes 85hp and doesn't have the larger engine or chassis bracing of the 1.8 I owned before.

So, I've been looking for a BRG for a while now, a few of you probably know. I've actually been looking for one much longer than I had a WTB thread up. I saw one pop up for sale on the San Diego area CL, I was pretty excited because all of the decent looking ones with hardtops I found were pretty far, not worth checking out, or got snatched in mere moments. The same things happened to my San Diego car. 2 hours after the post went up I spotted it and emailed, then texted the seller. He told me I was second it line to check it out, I had high hopes. The car sold to the first buyer. I was grief stricken again, having another BRG slip through my fingers and considered asking the seller if he would give up contact info on the buyer, so that I might offer more cash to them. I decided it too rude and began looking again, only, looking at other color cars now. I decided to make a WTB thread on another forum for better coverage. I saw a thread titled "WTB $2K Miata in SOCAL" while I was browsing, with a few replies, in the same forum and decided to see what was being offered. I came across a familiar description, it read "I might have a 91 brg with susspension, sway bars, rollbar and a good soft top for 2200. It does had some front fender damage." I knew the fender damage well, without even seeing the car. I had just seen it sold to the first buyer on craigslist, the only thing missing from this ad seemed to be a hardtop, I knew exactly what this was. After talking with the new owner we worked out a deal for the car with hardtop for $3000, a bit more than he paid for it obviously, life is a money making business. I test drove it and have made some mental and physical notes, I'll try to update this tomorrow with pictures. For now:

Flippers grabbing it

Home with me, runabouts installed instantly

Last edited by fwdtamiya; 07-13-2017 at 12:15 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fwdtamiya For This Useful Post:

etikoner (06-17-2014),tanakapz (06-16-2014),The Driver (06-16-2014),tsingson (06-16-2014),ueru (06-23-2014),WASABI (06-16-2014)