Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel's Kyusha inspired Laguna Blue na8

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I like it with the carpet in. I feel it makes things look more cohesive and thought out.
    That roll bar looks awesome too.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Jeliooooo you have a fine taste for mods, your car is looking sweet man !!!!!

Edit: voted your build thread 5 stars

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Ciotti's Avatar
    Drives
    99' STR build
    Thanks Given
    That tan interior is BEGGING for a Cobra FIA Historic seat

@CiottiMonkey on the Instagram
    www.Facebook.com/CiottiIndustries
    1999 STR Miata: Tein Flex Racing Beat header, exhaust, 1.125" sway bar, and braces Carbing STB KAAZ diff 949 15x9's 225 Rivals

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ciotti For This Useful Post:

Fishbulb (02-23-2016)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Joelioooo's Avatar
    Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecars View Post
    I like it with the carpet in. I feel it makes things look more cohesive and thought out.
    That roll bar looks awesome too.
    I definitely agree, the state of my parcel tray is not good due to an old leak, surface rust had to be sanded and corrosion that I left there made it look unappealing.
    Thank you, I do love the roll bar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Jeliooooo you have a fine taste for mods, your car is looking sweet man !!!!!

Edit: voted your build thread 5 stars
    Wow thanks Hyper!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
    That tan interior is BEGGING for a Cobra FIA Historic seat

I don't even want to think about how much those cost $_$
    Those look like they would suit the NB tan much better than NA, one of the main reasons I'm going for OEM seats is because of how simple they look.

----

So far the interior has been the most enjoyable part of the build, I don't think it's as important as the exterior but I can't believe I waited over a year to do anything significant!
    My dashboard has some scratches from sand paper from the previous owner and I want to take the easy way out with a cover, but I don't know who apart from Nakamae makes high quality leather covers, can anybody tell me otherwise? Nakamae only makes them in diamond, Perforated and Suede(?) but I'm just after regular leather.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Imontalto's Avatar
    Drives
    93 Brilliant Black Miata
    Thanks Given
    Redlinegoods.com makes a kit to cover the dash. I have some of their products in my car, and they are really good quality!

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Oh I forgot to mention that it has to be RHD

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    those seats look great!

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Here is a DIY leather dash project by RevLimiter: http://revlimiter.net/blog/2011/12/n...ion-continued/

I have a suede dash and hood cover from Nakamae that is for RHD. I got excited when it popped up on a YJP auction and I didn't even think to check for LHD vs. RHD. I don't think I am going to use it but I'm not ready to let it go as my mind still churns with ideas. I reversed it for a test fit and it seems to work on my LHD dash but it's not finished on the underside. I've never seen another one but I am sure they must be out there.

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    That's a nice piece you have there, do I even want to know how much that would cost?
    The Revlimiter guide is definitely something I would consider if I don't come up with something to use alternatively.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Well. I got it second hand so as far as Nakamae stuff goes it wasn't bad. Honestly it was kind of an impulse buy. I don't know what they cost new. I'm actually currently thinking of doing leather on the dash and maybe using the piece as a template.

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    I've slowly tired of the carpet delete in my car, the extra noise, the very hot transmission tunnel and worst of all, the carpet simply can't grip to the metal body so it slides slightly on top of that I feel like there's not enough tan in the cockpit and more tan is a good thing; so I decided today was going to be the day to bring out the dusty, dirty, stained and ripped mess of a carpet I traded in my tan swap.
    Instead of using automotive carpet cleaner (like I probably should have) I went and bought household carpet cleaner from a local super market, the only reason being to find out if a particular brand of delicious Chocolate Milk had been restocked.

Here are the two solutions I used

More importantly I got the milk! These things sell out faster than anything I've ever seen

On the left of the image above is a power cleaner, on the right is spray liquid, bought both because I didn't know if either would work as well as the other.
    Here was the before carpet state, really unbelievable that I even got this, it's filth.

First came the vacuum, then came a brush for all the stubborn dust, vacuum again, powder, scrub, set, vacuum, more powder, scrub, vacuum, spray, set and finally vacuum, the end result isn't perfect but I'm happier with it now.

tomorrow I will fit them.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joelioooo For This Useful Post:

Dandy (10-15-2014),tsingson (10-16-2014),WASABI (10-24-2014)

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Carpets can be dyed too although I admittedly don't know how to accomplish it with a large piece. I've only done it with floor mats. It works with fading and will help mask a well scrubbed stain.

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    The fade is an issue but they don't look as bad as they appear in photo, what colour dye have you used?

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Sorry, I wasn't commenting on the condition of your carpet. I just thought you might be interested in trying to dye it as you've put a lot of work into getting this roadster to be what you want it to be. I have only "restored" my red LE mats. Here is a link to the process I used: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-Mats-93LE-Red

I'm sure the cleaning process looks strikingly similar. Maybe the dying process could be replicated with like a kids wading pool for the carpet. I know that I have come across tan floor mat restoration but I don't know which dye may have been used off the top of my head. I'm sure you could find it with a search. Maybe others will chime in here. Someone has to have done it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dandy For This Useful Post:

Joelioooo (10-16-2014)

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Sorry if i came off a bit harsh, it's definitely something I'd be looking into thanks! What the pictures don't show is the fact that the carpet isn't pretty worn down some places down to the plastic, I'd love to refurbish them with better condition carpet. However, I'm planning to slightly modify the carpet so i wont have to remove the entire dash to get it in and out

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast