Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Joel's Kyusha inspired Laguna Blue na8

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Dirty Carpet is bad!! Good work on the carpet Joel!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atank For This Useful Post:

Joelioooo (10-16-2014)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Joelioooo's Avatar
    Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    Dirty Carpet is bad!! Good work on the carpet Joel!
    Thanks!

--

The carpet was installed today, it took about an hour and a half to remove the essential pieces blocking installation, cut up the carpet for better fit and bolt everything back in. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome, some holes had to be cut for the feet of the main hoop and the seatbelt assembly which differs from the Japanese imported car this carpet is from. On top of that I also cut out the entire piece that goes below the center controls on the dashboard, this means that I didn't have to take out the dashboard and it means when I find a better conditioned set of carpets I can easily remove it and use it as a template.

Here's a birds eye of the nearly complete interior

The lighting wasn't very good so I didn't get any close ups or specific shots but this is the only visible imperfection, it has been folded over many nights and has a bulge here on the transmission tunnel, I'm hoping it'll flatten by itself over time but as I've stated above this isn't the carpet I'm going to have forever and I can live with it now.
    (by the way I love the way the floor mats compliment the tan carpet hehe)

Still on the hunt for the elusive tan driver seat..
    Last edited by Joelioooo; 10-16-2014 at 06:30 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joelioooo For This Useful Post:

Dandy (10-16-2014),Fishbulb (02-23-2016),WASABI (10-24-2014)

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    I had ordered in a replacement license plate for my car as the front one isn't government issue but an illegal plastic DIY one. When they arrive i realize that they included a matching pair! So i figured what better use for the spare plate than to bend it.

This is an old school Kyusha trend where the plates were bent to make it difficult for the characters to be read, presumably for cops.
    Last edited by Joelioooo; 10-25-2014 at 05:31 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joelioooo For This Useful Post:

atank (10-24-2014),fwdtamiya (10-23-2014),Ihatecars (11-01-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    ^^Good ideal if your breaking laws..........hehe!

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    They came out pretty good! Here's the thing, once you put in your seats, center console, and your floor mats, there won't be a whole lot of carpet left showing. In fact, I have tan rug, but darker floor mats, and I love how it looks.

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    ^^Good ideal if your breaking laws..........hehe!
    Exactly my thoughts ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    They came out pretty good! Here's the thing, once you put in your seats, center console, and your floor mats, there won't be a whole lot of carpet left showing. In fact, I have tan rug, but darker floor mats, and I love how it looks.
    I know exactly what you mean now that everything is back in, looks fine to me now. My biggest issues are the parts that you can't see though, under the driver seat there are small holes and under the floor mat there is a big tear. Thankfully everything is covered but I would still like to know that the interior is in the best condition possible.

----

This coming week I should be getting a number of new parts, so please look forward to the coming update/s ^_^

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    This past Sunday was set up to be a cruising kind of day until this happened.

I have had radiator and thermostat problems before but Not knowing how to diagnose it I had my Dad take a look, yep, it was the water pump.
    With all laid plans cancelled and my Dad off to get replacement parts i set off taking apart the engine.
    Only being my second time doing this i managed to get up to taking off the crank pulley and timing belt.

Parts arrived, water pump, timing belt, crank and cam seals and bearings, given that the water pump is a PITA to replace we might as well replace other pieces.

Everything off

The culprit

Back on with seals

Everything is running nicely again.

Yesterday I went and picked up my wheels which had been sent over by Rod, the auction said they measure up at 14x7.5 -5. The offset is definitely in the range of -1 to -7. I think they sit quite nicely on the front.

The longchamps will be sold since they are too narrow and I've decided that i should run a minimum width of 7.5 as they stretch the 185/55s nicely.

14x7 +1 Longchamps

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    New gear and handbrake gaiters from TopGaiters came in today! These don't look as orange as the pictures make it look but they don't match the worn tan in the car, however, they will stay

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Maintenance is very important with these older Roadster's, very good job on the water pump, timing belt, crank & cam seals, and bearings!!!!!!!!!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Looks so damn good. Sorry to hear about your water pump though.

Btw, I started following you on IG. Just in case you hadn't made the connection yet.

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Maintenance is very important with these older Roadster's, very good job on the water pump, timing belt, crank & cam seals, and bearings!!!!!!!!!
    Especially with the roadster clocking just over 225k KMs I definitely expect these things to happen, just sucks when they do

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecars View Post
    Looks so damn good. Sorry to hear about your water pump though.

Btw, I started following you on IG. Just in case you hadn't made the connection yet.
    Followed back, clicked pretty much straight away, the BRG on RPF1s and the filters you use are unmistakable ^_^

---

I have already posted this in the mail call thread but I have a small haul of parts I got today from a guy parting out a complete Zoom frog eye(?) conversion to be replaced with factory parts for an MX5 race series that is almost identical to Spec Miata.

The things that caught my eye I bought which was the cluster, the Zoom fuel lid, the vents (pictures made it look like they had vent rings) & the side markers. He let me have the lot for 60NZD!
    The cluster is a DIY job by the looks of it but I've got it in pieces and plan to paint the panel a wrinkle black or satin black, something more subtle. The fuel lid needs just some sandpaper and some polish to look good as new. The vent rings just ended up being silver painted OEM plastic body but I'll be using them since they don't droop like my current ones. Lastly the side markers, I have no idea of the origin but they look cooler than OEM.

Nearly forgot, I picked up a wood handbrake lever for cheap.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power bogaut's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda Familia
    Thanks Given
    ooh you shouldd bought that 3 window soft top. how much was he askin for the front bumper?

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    It's not a bad conditioned top but i want a tan one, I'm not sure about the price of the bumper i can ask if you wanted to know but he may have had a buy for the whole kit.

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Also curious about the front/rear bumpers

Drives
    Laguna Blue 1994
    Thanks Given
    Will get back to you both about the bumpers through a PM if he still has them.

---

Bought what seems like the ONLY driver seat in this country that costs less than $100 and isn't torn, it has a lot of cracks though which is only slightly better

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast