Thread: Duran Duran & MX-5 Miata?

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

Duran Duran & MX-5 Miata?

Duran Duran to headline Unveiling
    All-New 2016 Miata

IRVINE, Calif. (Aug. 28, 2014) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced that Duran Duran will headline its unveiling of the all-new 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata during a live event to be held in Monterey, Calif. on Wednesday, Sept 3, 2014, and viewable globally on Mazda’s YouTube channel.

Revealing one of the most anticipated cars of 2014 on a global stage is not easy. Fans may be asking, “Is There Something I Should Know?” To accommodate them, Mazda will hold simultaneous global reveals in Tokyo, Barcelona and Monterey, CA. Fans can tune-in on Mazda’s YouTube channel starting at 6:00 PM (PDT) on Wednesday, September 3 to watch the live reveal of the MX-5, as well as highlights of Duran Duran’s unforgettable performance.

“Duran Duran and the MX-5 Miata both made their world debuts in the 1980s and captured the hearts and imagination of an entire generation,” said Russell Wager, vice president of Marketing, MNAO. “In 25 years, both the car and the band have evolved while staying true to their roots. It is this combination of authenticity and endurance that makes the paring of the MX-5 and Duran Duran so appropriate for this reveal.”

Mazda’s MX-5 celebrated its 25th Anniversary on February 10, 2014. It is the best-selling two-seat roadster of all time, with more than 930,000 models sold around the world since its 1989 debut, and is praised for always being affordable, lightweight and fun to drive. The world received its first sneak peek of the fourth generation of the car on April 16, 2014 when Mazda introduced its new chassis during the 2014 New York Auto Show.

To give fans another opportunity to see the 2016 MX-5, Mazda has also partnered with Fashion Rocks, which will celebrate the powerful relationship between fashion and music with a live broadcast on CBS on Tuesday, September 9, 2014 (9:00 PM ET, tape-delayed to also play at 9:00 PM PT). A specific Mazda-branded page can be found on www.FashionRocksLive.com/The-Road. The branded site features custom-curated music content including videos from Fashion Rock artists Duran Duran, Nico and Vinz, and AfroJack, as well as the full lineup of Mazda vehicles.

Fans can follow the MX-5 conversation on twitter through #LongLivetheRoadster or on Facebook.com/Mazda.

Duran Duran has sold over 100 million records in three decades and continues to perform for screaming fans all over the world. They are timeless, defying the odds by outlasting their contemporaries and never losing the desire to innovate. Their approach—a fusion of art, fashion, technology, and pop—has always been far ahead of its time, and the band shows no signs of easing its foot off the pedal, as they’re currently hard at work on their 14th studio album, with star producers Mark Ronson, Mr. Hudson and Nile Rodgers.

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com

source: http://www.duranduran.com/wordpress/...da-mx-5-miata/
    Last edited by Phatmiata; 08-29-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MRnewsBot For This Useful Post:

WASABI (08-29-2014)

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,543 Posts
    I'm "hungry like the wolf" for this reveal.

Last edited by Phatmiata; 08-29-2014 at 11:46 AM.

No todo que es oro brilla.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

atank (08-29-2014),Phatmiata (08-29-2014)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    It will be "a view to a kill"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

atank (08-29-2014)

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    I'd rather see "girls on film"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atank For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (08-29-2014)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    It's so cheesy, yet soooo awesome!

Thanks Given
    and Notorious.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! riefdaddy's Avatar
    Drives
    94 Red NA
    Thanks Given
    Is that the new Miata peeking out from behind them? Seems a bit wide and tall, but it could be the angle.

Drives
    NA6
    Thanks Given
    Looks like a 6

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Vee For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (08-31-2014)

Thanks Given
    I agree with it being a 6. I have one here and seems to be the same Soul Red color and same height.

I'm still willing to bet the new Miata will sport elements of the new Kodo design and will debut in Soul Red for the show.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I'm still willing to bet the new Miata will sport elements of the new Kodo design and will debut in Soul Red for the show.
    Soul Red? I hope not. The 25 Anniversary Edition just came out in that color. I would like to see them have the new model debut with multiple cars (3) in Metallic Jet Black, Deep Pearl Bright White, and a Satin Silver in the middle.

Have the one in black, the highest end car (hard top , leather), the white in the standard fare, and the matte silver car be the race edition (perhaps a roll bar, and race livery?... Like a big #25 on the doors)

Thanks Given
    I was thinking Soul Red because all the Mazda commercials show their new lineup in that color. Personally, I hope they have a yellow option.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (08-31-2014),WASABI (08-31-2014)