Thread: fwdtamiya Tries to Ruin Another NA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    The bracket that holds in the factory radio should be metal, not that black plastic thing with tabs that you are having clearance issues with. I have the same cubby hole from MiataRoadster and it fits fine with the OEM cage.

I like all the cleaning and detailing of things in the cockpit, keep up the good work!! I think I get all my crazy detailing skills from being in the NAVY, that is like 50% of your job while underway at sea, nothing to do, find something to clean. Field days, greenie meanies, GP cleaners, polishing brass, toothbrushes for detailing, I used to hate it, but it comes in handy when cleaning up my cars.

Oh and the Nardi Wheel looks great in there!!
    Understood, thanks Phat! I couldn't even figure out how to get the radio out yesterday, I was fighting with that thing for awhile until I ripped the face by accident and learned that the face is actually supposed to come off. That gave me the clearance I needed to reach the a/c knobs with my screwdriver. So I'll try to disassemble that mess again later and see what I can do about those tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
    Nice work bonding with your new ride! How is your dash and gauge cover? They are painted on the BRG cars, and thusly tend to scratch easily and the paint becomes tacky. I haven't found a cleaner that works and doesn't soften the dash paint, so I just use a damp cloth on both. Keep up the good work!
    Both of them have some scratches. My low quality phone photos hid all of that, but you just had to ask questions I used Mequire's quick detailer (that's designed for cleaning up bird poop and stuff without washing), it did make the raw plastics a bit sticky but the painted surfaces were still smooth to the touch IIRC. It's just because of the compound I believe, I should probably go back and hit those with water. Says it clearcoat safe and is designed for use on paint, so I hope it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by etikoner View Post
    Damn. I've "detailed" my car once, but nothing close to what you've done. Lol I feel embarrassed even using that word after seeing what you've gone through haha
    Oh, I missed a photo! I wouldn't have taken off those A/C knobs if I didn't have to

RS Products Type 1!
    Last edited by fwdtamiya; 06-20-2014 at 10:52 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fwdtamiya For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (06-20-2014)